Pages:
Author

Topic: [SCAM] Is payonix.com a legitimate AISC H/w manufacturer in Australia? - page 11. (Read 25036 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Our units were not seized at Customs - there was a delay in getting them out by the agent.

We are registering IP which is the reason we can not release more pictures. These are internal decisions.

Yes we host our website in the US. The company we choose to host with is fantastic.

We are fixing the picture issue now.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
ASIC Myth Buster
That shows, whoever made the site didn't want other to know or trace them but that is not unusual for the business.  Large International Corporations are more into doing the same practice.  (Doesn't mean they are shady.  It's their Risk Management Practice)

At least the web hosting is from IL, USA.  Scamers don't like to use Paid American Servers.

Selling out the 250 unites is possible due to the very high demand world-wide.  It may not got sold out in 24 hours but in the last several days, that's a very possible sales number.

I would say, anyone who has doubt to contact Andrew and make the decision on his/her own.  

I don't have a crystal ball, but I have a gut feeling that a few people may be smiling on the New Years Eve into the New Year for be able to meet the ROI with current uptrend of the BTC Value.

I'm planning a ASIC Myth Buster Trips, If I could confirm, I will be happy to announce it here.  

Also, I did speak with Andrew.  He is not hiding but he is simply being very busy with this project.

Good Luck to All!

Hey, if any one can donate any BTC, it will help me get there sooner in AU...  I may be able to bust the Myth for you guys!!  3 BTC will help me get there and fly out.

1AHNusc3BQA2QJCokySAQ1Qtymr1ZyAG6P

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
First picture has gone live.
We see NULL and remain unconvinced
Kano, we would like to offer you the chance to test our unit. Where are you located? Willing to fly you up to meet, test etc. You seem to have clout on these forums. Please send an email through our contact page.

First picture has gone live. We will post more over the next 3 weeks.

To those who keep saying we are a scam. Please give us a call and come see us. Other customers have met with us and we are meeting with more on Monday. Please do not simply label us a scam without knowing or meeting us. We have a set plan, we are sticking to it regardless of pressure. Our units will be delivered from December 9th. If you were scammed by TerraHash or someone else, please do not take that out on us.

Robert is a member of the team (investor) who conducted the registration.

If you have questions, PLEASE call or email us. We do not sit on here we are far too busy at the moment.

legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Hmm the domain has the registration details protected ...

The domain SOA says:

;; ANSWER SECTION:
payonix.com.      86400   IN   SOA   ns1.payonix.com. anettlefold.gmail.com. 2013111203 86400 7200 3600000 86400

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
payonix.com.      67283   IN   NS   ns1.payonix.com.
payonix.com.      67283   IN   NS   ns2.payonix.com.

i.e. [email protected]

That would be odd if the 'a' stood for ... Andrew ...

Edit: it's now 6pm AEST ... still no demo
So this is the 3rd demo they've missed in a bit over a week ...
Yeah its a risk, no greater than pre ordering from overseas either, but Im giving it a go, and I have protection from my credit card if it doesn't work out. Benefit of the doubt I guess, I suppose I can be laughed at but if it pays off it would be good for me
Activity: 7
Probably because people who ordered are now getting concerned and finding this thread at the top of the list when they google search Payonix  Huh

I have also 2 units pre ordered and paid via visa. These forums are a bit of a concern but I'm really hoping its all good

I was able to pre-order one of their 500Gh/s miners via paypal about 2 weeks ago, the paypal link was there and it worked for me.  I'm very keen to see some pics and demo's of their actual product.  A friend of mine has spoken numerous times with Andrew and he does seem like a nice and reasonable guy.  The posts I see on here do make me a little concerned though.

Shill / Sock Puppet ALERT!!!
HAHAHHAHAHA, this is getting even better, 2 NEW accounts created on the same day ( November 13 ) with only 1-2 post each have purchased from these guys

EDIT:

For some reason their whole "ASIC - ALT COINS" lineup of 1/5/10MH have disappeared. Dammm I wanted to mine Litecoins...
Activity: 572
Merit: 500
I have also 2 units pre ordered and paid via visa. These forums are a bit of a concern but I'm really hoping its all good

I was able to pre-order one of their 500Gh/s miners via paypal about 2 weeks ago, the paypal link was there and it worked for me.  I'm very keen to see some pics and demo's of their actual product.  A friend of mine has spoken numerous times with Andrew and he does seem like a nice and reasonable guy.  The posts I see on here do make me a little concerned though.

Shill / Sock Puppet ALERT!!!
HAHAHHAHAHA, this is getting even better, 2 NEW accounts created on the same day ( November 13 ) with only 1-2 post each have purchased from these guys

EDIT:

For some reason their whole "ASIC - ALT COINS" lineup of 1/5/10MH have disappeared. Dammm I wanted to mine Litecoins...
Activity: 237
LOL Kinda reminds me of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eF6FSdur8k

Has anyone ordered units besides accounts registered in the last few days?
Activity: 572
Merit: 500
Interesting, the site now says they sold out

250 of them is, obviously, > $1mil

Still no demo ...

hahahahaha, All sold out how convenient for them, today is Thursday and NO DEMO to show..

Give me a break, 250 units sold out within days of website being online is a farken stretch... and not 1 picture to show for?

According to their blog PAYPAL is working again, too bad all 250 are sold out so I can't get protection now..And I bet once Batch 2 is up for sale then PAYPAL with NOT WORK again.

Batch 2 Information

We are getting many calls and emails about our 2nd batch. We will not be releasing information until the 1st batch has been delivered to all clients. Our 2nd batch will be larger units with different pricing, and will not ship until Feb 2014.
Activity: 7
I was able to pre-order one of their 500Gh/s miners via paypal about 2 weeks ago, the paypal link was there and it worked for me.  I'm very keen to see some pics and demo's of their actual product.  A friend of mine has spoken numerous times with Andrew and he does seem like a nice and reasonable guy.  The posts I see on here do make me a little concerned though.
Activity: 446
Merit: 250
If they are legit then I'm going to fly up to the Gold Coast when they have a store and rob them.
Activity: 308
Merit: 251
The realist
Typical scam. Now they disappear Roll Eyes
legendary
Interesting, the site now says they sold out

250 of them is, obviously, > $1mil

Still no demo ...
Activity: 237
I see there is still no paypal/credit card option in the checkout.
@Andrew Thomas: Can someone from this forum call in and observe your demo units in operation?
legendary
Just find it really hard to believe it would be hashfast chips.
I agree, except that the current available hardware, KnC is about half the speed they are saying, it doesn't match KnC.
So I'm just guessing at what it could be, and next in line is HasFast.
... and according to the HashFast blog they got silicon on Nov 8.
https://hashfast.com/silicon-in-silicon-valley/
Activity: 630
Merit: 501
Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.
I spoke with someone from Payonix today, and they said they have 3 units mining at the moment at 1.5 TH using cgminer
The Payonix person said they reverse engineered an ASIC in may and now have a 28nm chip, and will be sending the units out on the 9th of December.
Apparently they only have 3 units left out of 250..... hmmmm and photos plus video "tomorrow"

Has anyone gone up to the Gold Coast to check these guys out and see the hashing hardware?

I'm no engineer, but is this even possible?  At best it sounds like "We stole another company's IP and are selling copies of their chip" 
It is possible but it takes time and yes it is basically stealing someone's (in this case with bitcoin asic chips) incredibly hard work
legendary
Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003
I spoke with someone from Payonix today, and they said they have 3 units mining at the moment at 1.5 TH using cgminer
The Payonix person said they reverse engineered an ASIC in may and now have a 28nm chip, and will be sending the units out on the 9th of December.
Apparently they only have 3 units left out of 250..... hmmmm and photos plus video "tomorrow"

Has anyone gone up to the Gold Coast to check these guys out and see the hashing hardware?

I'm no engineer, but is this even possible?  At best it sounds like "We stole another company's IP and are selling copies of their chip" 
Activity: 308
Merit: 251
The realist
Who is Robert Nettlefold?

I thought it was just "Andrew Thomas" and "Justin Wu". I mean "Lau".

If it is indeed Hashfast. I'll be very bloody surprised as their story is completely different to Hashfast's ("we reversed engineered an ASIC chip back in April"...etc).

Talked with them earlier. They say their miner has USB and ethernet ports. USB is for plugging to a computer. As it won't be a standalone miner at the start... Interestingly enough, they say that in a future firmware update, they will enable it so one can standalone mine using a raspberrypi tucked inside. HMMMMM

Also Payonix states their chips are 250GH/s while Hashfast is 400GH/s each (and able to breakdown into 100GH/s chip). So that doesn't add up also.

Just find it really hard to believe it would be hashfast chips.

Actually thinking again. It would be impossible. Hashfast just only got their wafer in their hands today days ago. And they're not even sliced/packaged up yet. Meanwhile Payonix is claiming to have the unit since Friday and hashing away with no issues. So most definitely not a hashfast chip.

So it's something else. We'll have to find out tomorrow. Hopefully they clear everything up.

There's too many things that don't add up.
Pages:
Jump to: