Pages:
Author

Topic: scammed when selling bitcoins on ebay - page 5. (Read 10567 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
March 05, 2012, 12:40:59 AM
i was foolish and too trusting.  now that paypal has sided with the buyer, i think it would be prudent to post the full disclosure (names, phone numbers, addresses,  details) regarding this case.   is this the proper place for that?

Be careful next time.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
March 04, 2012, 11:42:16 PM
Ebay is evil
Activity: 253
March 03, 2012, 09:28:42 PM
You should not sell BTC via paypal in the first place.

Paypal does not allow any swap or exchange of other e-currency in its platform. They are very sensitive about it.

I recommend you to write this off, the odds are stack against you.
Activity: 44
Merit: 1
March 03, 2012, 10:00:01 AM
i was foolish and too trusting.  now that paypal has sided with the buyer, i think it would be prudent to post the full disclosure (names, phone numbers, addresses,  details) regarding this case.   is this the proper place for that?

The Bitcoin Shitlist is the place to post the full disclosure regarding the case. Just stick to the facts and you(and us) should be OK.

Thank you.
Activity: 182
March 03, 2012, 09:30:40 AM
Paypal is a scam.  Isn't this why we're all trying to get things like Bitcoin off the ground???  There is no security there towards buyers.  I used to sell a lot of music equipment, but after some douche accused me of not sending a product (was settled later) my paypal got all screwed up, holding funds, putting holds on my bank account.  I still CANNOT change credit card/bank account info/ or update ANYTHING from my paypal business account.  There are businesses out there that failed because paypal screwed over account holders for $2 charge backs.

Your money is lost.  Consider this.  It costs tens-of-thousands of dollars for a good college education.  You just paid for a class on economics and business transactions.
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
March 03, 2012, 08:10:32 AM
This is why i hate fucking paypal.

Lost $155 to this chargeback bullshit, even though i laid out very good proof against the scammer (e-mails and personal messages). I really feel you man, this is bullshit :l
Activity: 28
March 02, 2012, 09:57:10 PM
after you make shady deals you're suppose to empty your paypal account man, what are you new at this?
Activity: 317
Merit: 116
March 02, 2012, 09:47:15 PM
I sold $116 worth of BTC on eBay last month. After I sent the bitcoins, the buyer (in Hong Kong) initiated a chargeback, claiming that the charge was made without his consent. Another ebayer tried to warn me, but a little too late.

There's nothing I could do, and there's probably little you can do. PayPal will NOT side with you.

The only upside is that it was my first time being scammed after selling many many BTCs with a high premium on eBay. I won't keep selling them, though. Too much risk.

Sorry, dude. I sympathize with you.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
March 02, 2012, 09:26:33 PM
i was foolish and too trusting.  now that paypal has sided with the buyer,

Would you mind sharing at least some details though?  e.g., How long after the transaction was it before the dispute?   Did PayPal just place a hold (reverse transfer of funds) for the one transaction or did they put a freeze on your account?  Have you done these transactions before?  If so, how many good and how many bad?  And for those who live vicariously through others, how much did you lose?
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
March 02, 2012, 09:20:52 PM
It would not. Do not release the private information of others. We don't know if the names are real, fake, or borrowed, or know for sure they were scammers (not to offend, but we have no idea if you're doing some "4chan army" BS). Never touch Paypal. Ever.

Go to court if you have to, try to settle personally if possible.
Activity: 28
March 02, 2012, 09:16:37 PM
take it to court
Activity: 1
March 02, 2012, 09:02:50 PM
Pages:
Jump to: