Pages:
Author

Topic: Scams - page 18. (Read 4039 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 0
June 10, 2018, 03:44:43 AM
Many scams are circulating these day, specially newbies get trapped in it. Airdrop has more ratio scams than bounty. We should firstly look for website, team working behind it & their experience. We should verify the airdrop & bounties before participating in it. It could be possible of a Scam if your coins are not listed in any of the ICO/exchange for 4 to 6 months. We should be checking updated from the developer/Website. Bounty coins take time to rise.
So always ta have patience while working with airdrops/Bounty Projects & believe in your luck.
Activity: 770
Merit: 12
Trphy.io
June 10, 2018, 03:19:54 AM
Where did it came from? Airdrop? Bounty? If it come from your airdrop activtity then it has a high possibility that your token will turn to be a scam, because nowadays lots of airdrops just collect your information and will drop you a shittoken or a "display only" token in your wallet.

If it is a product of bounty, try to ask them directly, if they always say the same thing over and over again, then moved on mate.try not to look in your wallet lol
Good point. Airdrop coins and tokens tend to end up as bags majority of the time due to the reasons you stated above which is why I don't pay too much attention to the coins and tokens I acquire from airdrops. On the other hand, the coins or tokens acquired from bounties are a different matter since they could potentially have some value even after 4-5 months and sometimes even more.
i have never attended airdrop program, at this time i just follow bounty program. with a lot of negative news about the airdrop i am so lazy to join, and now i know the reason
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
June 10, 2018, 03:17:46 AM
it would be wrong to say something definite, but if you look at it in general, there is a possibility to come out scam.
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
June 10, 2018, 03:14:39 AM
Yes! It may be scammers, but it's not necessary!!! Listing on the stock exchange may take some time! You need to ask the project team a question and find out what's going on with them.
Activity: 535
Merit: 33
here we go
June 10, 2018, 03:09:29 AM
Yeah, that's most likely, as we know, listing requirements on the market requires quality coin and it garnered a lot of participant for voting. Therefore, now many newborn coin have an airdrop and bounty program, which aims at many participant and listings in the market. And when the program is complete and already distribution, with the number of participants, it will not be long will be listing in the market. The conclusion of your story, the possibility of a big scam.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 149
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
June 10, 2018, 03:01:47 AM
Where did it came from? Airdrop? Bounty? If it come from your airdrop activtity then it has a high possibility that your token will turn to be a scam, because nowadays lots of airdrops just collect your information and will drop you a shittoken or a "display only" token in your wallet.

If it is a product of bounty, try to ask them directly, if they always say the same thing over and over again, then moved on mate.try not to look in your wallet lol
Good point. Airdrop coins and tokens tend to end up as bags majority of the time due to the reasons you stated above which is why I don't pay too much attention to the coins and tokens I acquire from airdrops. On the other hand, the coins or tokens acquired from bounties are a different matter since they could potentially have some value even after 4-5 months and sometimes even more.
Activity: 560
June 10, 2018, 02:55:03 AM
nothing you can do anymore than being patient, being patient and waiting is the thing you can do, if you do not want to be repeated like that again you should be able to know the coin that has a good potential and have a team that is very experienced in the world of cryptocurrency and has a very useful product for the people.
Activity: 966
Merit: 254
June 10, 2018, 02:54:31 AM
Is there a possibility of a scam if my tokens have no value for 2 months? I already have the tokens for 2.5 months and they keep telling us that listing is a laborious thing to do. Is that a normal thing to happen when your coin doesn't have any value for 2.5 months now?
Who knows. It depends on many factor. When you look at roadmap many ICOs promise their product launch in next two years. So until the product is not developed project has no value, no use.
Activity: 504
Merit: 102
June 10, 2018, 02:47:07 AM
Is it possible mate because some them are doing many reason thats why they dont have been launches in any exchanges. I have many tokens like that mate and as of now no value at all. And some also coins are not scams because of that case. Maybe they are doing and finding good time to find good exchanges.
Activity: 504
June 10, 2018, 02:44:02 AM
speculation that is too early to declare it a scam. many more coins of that time and yet have value. wait and wait used to be of great value who knows. Anyway if kept will also not disturbing for other coins. We won't know where the coins will shine and which ones will fall. who knows this one coin is likely to develop.
Activity: 518
Merit: 103
June 10, 2018, 02:03:23 AM
We cannot determine whether it is a scam or not for just two months, since there will still be updated when it comes to the wallets and platforms, as long as the devs are replying to inquiries there is a high chance that the devs are planning to make the project work, however if the devs are not replying or you only got them from an airdrop, the chances of it being a scam is high, since nowadays airdrops specifically from telegram are mostly scams, they will ask you about your e-mail and your accounts in twitter and facebook, without them even having a running platform, they are just there for phishing.
Activity: 275
June 10, 2018, 01:57:06 AM
Is there a possibility of a scam if my tokens have no value for 2 months? I already have the tokens for 2.5 months and they keep telling us that listing is a laborious thing to do. Is that a normal thing to happen when your coin doesn't have any value for 2.5 months now?
Hi friends ,.
it can be said to be normal, or not even.
you should analyze the progress of the project more deeply. if it is good, I think that's a natural thing. because of each project has different ways to improve the quality of their projects.
A token sale project and a company project are very different. you have to know that.
good luck guys !!!
Activity: 256
June 10, 2018, 01:19:36 AM
maybe the project from the coin did not work so the coin you have does not have the price, please try to see if the Soft cap is already running or maybe already successful, if the soft cap has not succeeded do not expect your coin will have a good price, let alone the hardcap coin already successful, can be sure coin will succeed with high price
Activity: 168
BLOCKCHAIN BASED REIT
June 10, 2018, 12:41:50 AM
two months a while, patiently waiting until the tokens are in the market, I also have a token that froze his address contract for 6 months
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
June 10, 2018, 12:09:39 AM
Other altcoins or token takes a year before it makes a good value. 2.5 months is still on infant stage and I think it didn't even added in any trading platform. Adding in trading platform is also a long process, it has many requirements that the developer needs to be accomplish before it get listed in a reputable exchange.

Based on my experience? Yes, most of the time, it takes months before some coins will literally takes off. Right now I have tokens which I bought February, and took off when it hits a trading platform, however, it plummeted. But I still believed in them because they will have their own trading platform. So once they established their own platform, I bet that the price will be like Kucoin or Binance coin price.
Activity: 24
June 09, 2018, 11:56:21 PM
2.5 months is very less time especially for  a new project. Small teams do not have huge budget for promotion either so be patient.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 259
June 09, 2018, 11:55:32 PM

I am betting that is from an ICO.
Yes, it is possible. Look at their roadmap. It does say when they will list on multiple exchanges.
If they are still updating you so what is the problem.
That is a good thing. That means they are still there and might be working on it.

Will you pick another choice where no one will tell you anymore what is happening.
It is hard to pull investors. That is why they took the ICO way. They will use that money to have some partnerships.
Activity: 199
Merit: 10
June 09, 2018, 11:43:57 PM
Other altcoins or token takes a year before it makes a good value. 2.5 months is still on infant stage and I think it didn't even added in any trading platform. Adding in trading platform is also a long process, it has many requirements that the developer needs to be accomplish before it get listed in a reputable exchange.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
June 09, 2018, 02:46:14 PM

Cryptocurrency industry is new high-technological area. And we all know and understand that not all sides of this area are secure. Scams are really everywhere. But this is not a reason to avoid cryptocurrency at all.
Activity: 392
Merit: 102
June 09, 2018, 05:50:04 AM
just wait if there is no development for 6 months more it means that token or coin can be said scam, but now many tokens and coin that run ico longer.
Pages:
Jump to: