Pages:
Author

Topic: Scams - page 20. (Read 4039 times)

Activity: 581
Merit: 250
June 06, 2018, 01:44:39 AM
Is there a possibility of a scam if my tokens have no value for 2 months? I already have the tokens for 2.5 months and they keep telling us that listing is a laborious thing to do. Is that a normal thing to happen when your coin doesn't have any value for 2.5 months now?
The answer is still vague for this, it can be yes or no.
The longer the coins to get listed in market doesn't always a scam.
So we can't make the longer time for a coin to get listed in an exchange to be the biggest parameter that the coin is a scam.
Activity: 714
Merit: 261
June 06, 2018, 01:37:02 AM
Is there a possibility of a scam if my tokens have no value for 2 months? I already have the tokens for 2.5 months and they keep telling us that listing is a laborious thing to do. Is that a normal thing to happen when your coin doesn't have any value for 2.5 months now?

It could be very normal for the ICO projects to take some time. But now a days the process is faster if they pay good fees to the exchanger. So it all depends on how they are making the progress in terms of listing.

And off course as we are in the crypto space then we shouldn't be believing this all the time. If the time is over the head then that could be really troubling thing. You need to at least have a proof whether they have made the application or not.
Activity: 476
Merit: 19
June 06, 2018, 01:16:49 AM
2.5 months is not the longest waiting for the token growth, perhaps the team has problems with listing on major exchanges, you need to check their website and roadmap, or talk to the developers of the project in the chat. If the team is quite quiet and does not answer the questions of participants and investors and has not posted news about the project in social networks for a long time, then the probability of this Scam project will be 99%.
Activity: 910
Merit: 502
June 06, 2018, 01:07:23 AM
be patient, many ICO's are have trouble to get listed in big exchange especially, they have to pay a lot of money to listing in exchanger..
When it comes to anything related to that of the internet and the crypto currencies, you cannot expect that all the projects or the transactions or even the exchanges and the crypto currencies which you will be dealing with are free of scam.

There are scammers around the world and that their only motive is to grab your money. You need to keep yourself away from such scams yourself by having enough of the knowledge regarding the things.
Activity: 364
Merit: 101
"One Token to Move Anything Anywhere"
June 05, 2018, 04:52:19 PM
Unfortunately there're too many scams nowadays. Some scams don't even distribute tokens, just collect investors money and disappear clearing all their traces. There was a good example of exit-scam showed by Savedroid project. They just showed how easy is to fool all the investors and become a scam. So all you need is to be very selective when investing in a new project.
Activity: 868
Merit: 251
HEX: Longer pays better
June 05, 2018, 04:40:39 PM
I think it's still normal cause some project need months to be able to list their token on any exchange. For example if you know about BuzzShow ICO project, it ended for months but for now GLDY token of BuzzShow is not listed on any exchange yet but seem like it's not a scam project Cheesy. You'd better wait a little bit more cause maybe it's a long term project Grin
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
June 05, 2018, 04:38:16 PM

That depends entirely on the project itself, the integrity of the developing team behind the project,
the way they deliver, and then their reasons as to why this is the case and if they give concrete proofs
that there is progress happening. But whatever the case is, since you invested, then just wait. Anyway
if it is a scam you already lost and if it really isn't then you may get a lot of profits. Just let this be a
lesson and be more careful next time when investing.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
June 05, 2018, 03:49:28 PM
I think it's too early to panic. 2.5 months very little. I think you should wait and see the news in the telegram group. If this was a scam, then immediately after ico the team would disappear.
Activity: 644
June 05, 2018, 03:33:36 PM
Nowadays a lot of airdrops just collect your information and will drop you a shittoken or a display only token in your wallet      
Activity: 448
Merit: 10
June 05, 2018, 09:45:56 AM
When reading your post, I am sure you have joined the airdrop and received a Token from them, right? Most of the time, I can assert that all airdrop campaigns have the general purpose of collecting personal information, the crypto most of which have no value and are not indexed on trading floors unless it's an airdrop campaign for bounty members!

This is not from an airdrop. This is from a bounty campaign. The project is named as SocialMedia.Market.
Activity: 350
Merit: 47
June 05, 2018, 06:13:53 AM
for 2 months early still something to say. We must wait at least six months. Many projects swing for a long time at the start. They need time to enter the exchange
True. It is highly probable that you'll end up waiting for the token to be listed, and probably have another wait for the boom of the token. You should go check their roadmap and see anything related to the project launch, weeks after that will probably be the best time to sell.

I suggest you interact with the community and ask for proofs and such, to verify the legitimacy of the project. Look for loopholes on whitepapers and the team composition -- check their background. There are many ways to check if the project is a SCAM, you just need to read. Also, do this before joining, so you won't have problems like this as you go through the project.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
June 05, 2018, 05:56:31 AM
What did you mean? Where it even came from, bounty or airdrop? If it come for any of new airdrops then it's has a high possibility to your token to will be a scam            
Activity: 966
Merit: 104
June 05, 2018, 01:56:18 AM
There are, of course, different situations. Sometimes the ICO team has missed something and did not do it right on time. It is necessary to wait a little more, while also trying to find out the possible cause of the delay. However, the fact that the token does not appear on the exchange is no longer good and should be alarming.
Activity: 252
Merit: 10
Power to gnomes!
June 05, 2018, 01:41:33 AM
Most of the projects agree on a listing with the major stock exchanges in advance. If this does not happen, there are questions about the seriousness and professionalism of the project team. You have no choice but to wait and be patient. If you urgently want to sell your ERC-20 tokens, try manually adding them to the EferDelta for example.
Activity: 602
June 05, 2018, 01:27:21 AM
2.5 months is still early to say that your tokens fall to be a scam.
I remember holding also for a long time (I'm bit sure if its longer than 2.5 months) but now that token is alive and kicking.
I still hold some tokens with no values for more than half a year but I still have my hope on some of it.
It's depend on you bought from exchange, ICO or receive from bounty reward, I've too many tokens no value for more than 3 month or lose 70% value from ICO price, I still holding it because hope it'll give me surprised later and getting price pump, maybe we need to patience because it's really need time to listed on big exchange

yeah if you get from bounty or ico you will be more patient because need more time to be listing in the market
remember that new token from ico has a roadmap and all running on the roadmap
Activity: 275
Merit: 1
June 05, 2018, 01:07:57 AM
It is too early to tell that your coin is a scam but it could be if there is no improvement for the succeeding Months. My advice is that if your campaign manager can be contacted make sure to try. And if ever you were scammed, which I hope not.  Make sure to avoid those kind of ICO.
Activity: 3010
Merit: 629
June 05, 2018, 01:00:17 AM
Where did you get your tokens from airdrop or bounty?

If the token is from airdrop then its likely to be a shitcoin thus dont expect too much especially airdrop tokens usually are just scam.

On the other hand, if your tokens are reward from bounties and there's a progress in their project then be patient because its not easy to list the coin it takes time especially in popular exchanges out there.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
June 05, 2018, 12:59:35 AM
It depends on it sir. Sometines it last 2 months because it is not yet on the market. Or maybe projecr has veen failed and not been sponsored. Just with until 6 months if it still not, then it is scam.
Activity: 214
Merit: 20
June 05, 2018, 12:54:16 AM
Many token was a scam for now but if it is came from the bounty then just wait until it will list on exchange because i have also a token that was 4 months old and still doesn't have any value listing on best exchange was taking too long so better to wait until it was have a value.
Activity: 700
June 05, 2018, 12:53:31 AM
This is common. But behold, already has a price but not disclosed to the public. that often happens is they confused choosing Exchange crypto layout later placed. but for a small possibility I think it is a scam because the distribution but does not yet have a price.
Pages:
Jump to: