Pages:
Author

Topic: Scams - page 22. (Read 4039 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 100
June 04, 2018, 01:32:15 PM
There is too little information to understand about the state of the art. There were such projects that go to the market at low market positions, and receive prices below ICO. But I do not think this is a fraud, just a thoughtless marketing, and the opportunity to redeem your shares at a lower price policy. I wanted the author to write about a specific example of deception, what kind of project, what attachments, what losses.
Activity: 308
June 04, 2018, 01:28:57 PM
Is there a possibility of a scam if my tokens have no value for 2 months? I already have the tokens for 2.5 months and they keep telling us that listing is a laborious thing to do. Is that a normal thing to happen when your coin doesn't have any value for 2.5 months now?
It depends because there are reasons why some tokens are not getting listed on any exchanges. Some developers or creators of token or coins dont want to list it immediately so that people cannot dump the token yet or there are no exchanges that wants to list it because there are only low demand on that coins so listing it is not worth it or it may be a scam and the project is fake and no real future development for that token. You will know if this is a scam if developers dont answer to questions that is being asked to them or no updates at all.
Activity: 322
Merit: 179
June 04, 2018, 01:18:01 PM
You have to share the coin name for us to advise. If the developer didn’t abandon the project, I don’t think we can say it is scam atm.

In any case, 2.5 month is not a long period for a new coin to be listed to an exchange or development to push the price up.
Activity: 385
Merit: 101
June 04, 2018, 01:02:05 PM
Some devs prefer to work on the actual product instead of shill sdvertising and going for big exchange listings.  Patience wil pay off on this one.  sometimes it takes half a year or so to gain real value.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
June 04, 2018, 12:51:35 PM
Is there a possibility of a scam if my tokens have no value for 2 months? I already have the tokens for 2.5 months and they keep telling us that listing is a laborious thing to do. Is that a normal thing to happen when your coin doesn't have any value for 2.5 months now?

Yes it is, the scam was happen when they did not paid you but they paid you so it is not a scam.  I experience that they give token for almost 5 months and I didn't notice it by too long.  I also have some token that are no market because it is their strategy and i think you can easily sell your token at highest price when you go at the 1st day when they sell the token on market or it is available on market.
Activity: 434
Merit: 13
June 04, 2018, 12:43:38 PM
Which tokens are you referring to? I'll look into this.

Yes, you are right
I want the token they mean. if what they say is a scam i want to know. many of them use tokens. of course not all tokens they deem a scam. they must provide the actual information.
Activity: 449
Merit: 102
Binance #Smart World Global Token
June 04, 2018, 12:28:38 PM
some developer has a long term plan for their token, they dont usually enter their token on any exchanger so the value of the altcoin will not decrease. but if they dont have any updates regarding the project, it might be scam.
Activity: 966
June 04, 2018, 12:00:26 PM
be patient, many ICO's are have trouble to get listed in big exchange especially, they have to pay a lot of money to listing in exchanger..
Activity: 451
Merit: 10
June 04, 2018, 11:59:24 AM
2.5 months is still early to say that your tokens fall to be a scam.
I remember holding also for a long time (I'm bit sure if its longer than 2.5 months) but now that token is alive and kicking.
I still hold some tokens with no values for more than half a year but I still have my hope on some of it.
It's depend on you bought from exchange, ICO or receive from bounty reward, I've too many tokens no value for more than 3 month or lose 70% value from ICO price, I still holding it because hope it'll give me surprised later and getting price pump, maybe we need to patience because it's really need time to listed on big exchange
Activity: 336
June 04, 2018, 11:45:45 AM
Maybe the project did not go to the stock exchange, you need to wait and hope for the best. And of course he can be scams
Activity: 1050
June 04, 2018, 11:44:28 AM
Previously have you got info about the release of the exchange? if there is no news, it is very sad. But if you still get the info from the developer, you should be patient to wait for the coins were released on the exchange. Some of course ico some things happen that way, but if the developer still provide update info of team development then there is the possibility of the coin is still running according to their roadmap. So I think you are patient and keep looking for info about the coins.
Activity: 980
Merit: 276
June 04, 2018, 11:41:53 AM
well. there are such cases that teams prefer to focus and spend their money on product and developments instead of getting listed their token. so it may not be a scam. you should check the team and search them more to be sure that they are scam or not.
Activity: 2324
Merit: 263
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
June 04, 2018, 11:39:04 AM
it is often the case and even there are up to 6 months of no value, and usually the token is valuable it is when entering a large market.
Activity: 448
June 04, 2018, 11:32:10 AM
2 and a half months is not normal. Investors will be infuriated with that if that were the case. Even if they said that they were trying for major exchanges, I still think that it is fishy and irresponsible on the team's part.  

How do you know it's not normal? How long have you been joining campaigns and how many campaigns have you joined?
June 04, 2018, 11:30:53 AM
If the tokens are from a bounty campaign, I think it depends on how much the project has developed. There is a case in which stock listing is delayed and even more. You have to check what they are doing with the project. In my opinion, a better chance is simply to delay the project than to be a scam.  Huh

There are updates on their social media accounts like facebook and twitter. Should I become worried?
Activity: 378
Merit: 102
June 04, 2018, 11:21:47 AM
2 and a half months is not normal. Investors will be infuriated with that if that were the case. Even if they said that they were trying for major exchanges, I still think that it is fishy and irresponsible on the team's part.  
Activity: 140
Merit: 0
June 04, 2018, 11:19:22 AM
I think those tokens are in the process of going to the exchange, I know it's very difficult for an ico to enter in an exchange, I think 2.5 months is not too long, I see a lot of people holding tokens for 4-8 months I see they are still waiting for the token to arrive at the exchange.
June 04, 2018, 11:19:11 AM
Your tokens have not been released anywhere during this time and do not show their value? Not all tokens are listed, so it may just be a Scam or a failed project.

It is actually listed on IDEX but it has a really low value so I don't want to drop it there. I am still waiting for it to be listed on exchanges like Binance.
ukw
Activity: 616
June 04, 2018, 11:17:04 AM
If the tokens are from a bounty campaign, I think it depends on how much the project has developed. There is a case in which stock listing is delayed and even more. You have to check what they are doing with the project. In my opinion, a better chance is simply to delay the project than to be a scam.  Huh
Activity: 952
Merit: 253
June 04, 2018, 11:12:49 AM
That's not normal. basically it's need a short time to be listed on the exchange site. It looks like the developer doesn't have any intention to listing their coin to the exchange site. They are refusing to paid the exchange site. It's a scam coin.
Pages:
Jump to: