Pages:
Author

Topic: Schumer: It’s time to go after the 3-D printable guns - page 2. (Read 4397 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
...3D PRINTED DOGS!  Hell, yeah!!!
I can't find the pattern for that. Besides, only if it prints puppies. Can you imagine the cost of printing full grown English Mastiffs? (grin)
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
I'm not a good shot. Personally, I think before any home invaders get past our two English Mastiffs we keep inside because they are our other "kids," the police will have responded to our call and the operator will be on the phone asking us to put the dogs up so the officers can take an incident report. I will stipulate that the care and feeding of the "kids" is probably more expensive than handgun practice and maintenance. Hey! 3D printed dog food! hmm...(grin)
Why go half way. 

Don't be timid. 

It's ookay.

3D PRINTED DOGS! 

Hell, yeah!!!
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004
I just want a printer that can print more printers.

It's like having unlimited wishes, except you have to pay for the materials involved Tongue

http://reprap.org/wiki/Main_Page

Of course it only makes some of its own parts, but that is a start.
I'm not a good shot. Personally, I think before any home invaders get past our two English Mastiffs we keep inside because they are our other "kids," the police will have responded to our call and the operator will be on the phone asking us to put the dogs up so the officers can take an incident report. I will stipulate that the care and feeding of the "kids" is probably more expensive than handgun practice and maintenance. Hey! 3D printed dog food! hmm...(grin)
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
Energy is Wealth
IMHO, the U.S. government is concerned that trying to "control" the distribution of 3D printers or plans is more of a 1rst amendment problem than a 2nd. They will do what they always do. Try to regulate the distribution of materials supplied in the 3D printer "ink cartridges."
legendary
Home made handguns are boring. They are not that much more effective than a knife or an axe. But handguns are only the beginning.

When people start to print armed helicopter drones, things are going to get interesting.

No way, that could never happen!

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:36752

wait....
Activity: 260
Merit: 250
In a rare moment of sanity, DHS released a statement yesterday saying that it would be difficult to regulate 3d weapon printing or 3d printing in general.  I noticed that this news has not appeared on most "news" websites.  Use this search at Google and pick a website to see more: DHS cannot regulate 3d printing
legendary
Activity: 938
bitcoin - the aerogel of money
Home made handguns are boring. They are not that much more effective than a knife or an axe. But handguns are only the beginning.

When people start to print armed helicopter drones, things are going to get interesting.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Schumer....is that Italian?

Feinstein is I think....

It's Jewish.  They're Jews.  That's why all they ever do is oppose freedom, sell America out to foreigners and give tax money to banks and insurance companies.

Jews are behind gun control.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Feinstein is I think....

Wow.... no. Absolutely not. Schumer is likely German, Dutch, etc. And I would bet money Feinstein is German. And Jewish.

Seriously? Italian? You've got to be fucking kidding. Peroni... Albergati... Martinelli.. Bressan..Da Vinci.. Medici... Corleone.. that is what an Italian name sounds like
legendary
Activity: 966
Energy is Wealth

Feinstein is I think....
Last name origins & meanings:

German: unexplained.
North German (Schümer): nickname from Middle Low German schumer ‘good-for-nothing’, ‘vagabond’.

http://genealogy.familyeducation.com/surname-origin/schumer
http://genealogy.familyeducation.com/surname-origin/feinstein
legendary

It's like having unlimited wishes, except you have to pay for the materials involved Tongue
Actually, a large number of the parts can be replicated, then you buy some stuff that ought to be bought rather than made, and put one together. 

For example, highly polished stainless steel rods and brass sintered bearings ought to be bought, instead of inferior substitutes made.  The stepper motors, threaded rods, limit sensors, sd card reader, and the little computer are going to be bought, not made.  There isn't anything complicated about the plastic extruder style 3d printers.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

legendary

In the words of The Pirate Bay, "Bring it."

Laws are just words on paper. Enforcement is a lot harder, and these things can build themselves.

What's all this about 3d printing pistols and small stuff.  Why not think big.  Like, really big.  The printer doesn't care.

https://www.google.com/search?q='star+wars+walker'&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS489US489&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=RVCVUe_YDJLqqAH21YCwBQ&ved=0CGsQsAQ&biw=1367&bih=680
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

In the words of The Pirate Bay, "Bring it."

Laws are just words on paper. Enforcement is a lot harder, and these things can build themselves.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
Anyways, even if detection is more difficult (yes you have a point), the possession can still be made illegal.

Useless move of course, but then again most things they try to regulate are stupid laws difficult to implement
Yes, but... http://qkme.me/3ufhti Wink
legendary
Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000
Except growing pot produces a noticeable heat signature, and sucks up a lot of juice. 3D printers are tiny, use very little power, and give off almost no heat, even in operation (certainly not enough to attract the attention of law enforcement).

3D printers produce a repetitive noise that you can probably pick up with a mike from the street (ever heard of radar detector detectors? They work by picking up the specific frequencies that leak from the detector). And unless you use PLA, the ABS stinks. And it gives me a headache so we run the machines with the windows open.

Anyways, even if detection is more difficult (yes you have a point), the possession can still be made illegal.

Useless move of course, but then again most things they try to regulate are stupid laws difficult to implement
Pages:
Jump to: