Author

Topic: Scientific proof that God exists? - page 386. (Read 845569 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 106
December 01, 2014, 12:20:31 AM
We are our own Gods people.

Did moses, mohammed, isis, horus etc exist? Yes! Were they children of god yes!

Then I have to ask, what does every religious text describe humans as?

The children of god!............ Now if my father was chinese, what does that make me? It also makes me chinese. So if I am the child of god, and was "created in gods image" then what the heck does that make me? A God!

Just think about it.

Why in the blue fuck is it that only human beings can create fires out of thin air?

Why is it that only human beings clothe themselves, cook their food, live in mammoth sized buildings, know of all the elements that exist (even those that aren't found on earth), have different dna from every living creature on earth (look up evolution gap) etc etc etc

We take for granted the fact that we communicate, every day, with people who are thousands of miles away, using some hand held device, which is powered by waves that we can't even see with our eyes.

We take for granted the fact that there are modern day alchemists (just like jesus) who still walk the earth today. Just like how jesus turned water to wine, there are people who turn iron and carbon into steel.

We are all just as powerful as jesus, moses and the other host of prophets. It's just that those guys believed in their own power 100%.

Through the media and their vile and disgusting tirade of fear mongering, most people (not me) have been brainwashed into thinking that they are powerless.. people have been brainwashed into saying the most erroneous things such as: "we all make mistakes, we are only humans"... like wtf?

The media would have you believe that lions and elephants etc are the "kings of the jungle". Well I have been to this "jungle" on numerous occasions and can say wholehartedly that these elephants, lions, jaguars etc are scared shitless of human beings

We are gods on earth peoples
Nah. Make the earth spin backwards and I might take a glance at that claim. Big claims. Small achievements.

You are so good, CryptoJerk. But, a couple of points.

The difference between Jesus and the rest is that He was the ONLY one Who had the essence of life in Himself. The others may have had power. Many may still have power. But the only one Who had the essence of life was/is Jesus.

Jesus didn't keep the essence to Himself. Rather, like Moses and others shared the good power that they had, Jesus shares life with all of us.

Now, because we all have life, and because of what God has made us to be with that life, we all have power, even though a good portion of that power isn't evident yet - most of us can't walk on liquid water very well.

God wanted life for us from the beginning. Because life is possibly the most important gift we have received from God, Jesus was esteemed greatly by God, when He shared life with us all. Because Jesus did this, God took Him to Heaven with Himself, and made Jesus to be God, equal with Himself, for all time and eternity... and outside of time... for ever and ever, even beyond eternity and infinity.

When Moses came down from the mountain after he had face God, and received the Ten Commandments, Moses' face was radiant (Probably his whole body was radiant with a kind of radiance that was blocked by his clothing.). This same radiance was with Moses when he met with God in the Tent of Meeting. But when Moses stepped out of the presence of God, the radiance gradually faded.

When Jesus met Moses and Elijah on the Mountain of Transfiguration, all of them shared the Heavenly radiance that does not fade. They talked about the up-coming work Jesus was going to do on the cross, where He would release life to all people. After they were done talking, Jesus put off the radiance and the glory so that He could finish the work in this life. But, He has taken it back up forever.

The point? God doesn't kid around. The only way we receive life and power is through Jesus. And, like Moses of old, when we receive some of the life and power in this life, it passes. So, focus on Jesus for the life and power that will come when God brings the new Heavens and new Earth into being and fulfillment.

Smiley

If we lost our our star Sol then our power would be lost, life would die out. Some bacteria would sustain an ecosystem for a while near geothermal vents, living off the geothermal energy and chemistry, but the geothermal energy would itself decay as our whole system began to cool to near zero, only receiving miniscule heating from other systems starlight.

It's a situation even Jesus could not fix.

So really we should give thanks to Sol. And if you feel the urge to pray then by all means pray to Sol, pray that it will nourish us for another day.

Another good thing is that it's easy to prove the existence of Sol, you just gotta look at it and feel its warmth, no mystical nonsense required.

One bad thing about Sol is that it is the same and shared by every life form on the planet, this is bad for tyranny. Fictitious deity's are far more suited to dividing man. Sol will bring us together, and that is why Sol is all but ignored in the modern era where centralized control rules supreme.

Forget the nonsense the "priests" spout, see the true beauty!

Why look for abstract meaning when undeniable awe and beauty stares you right in the face? A long time ago every man woman and child "worshipped" sol, this worship was hijacked, its the reason for halos on supposed enlightened figures, sol was personified and then politicized and here we are today up shit creek!
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
November 30, 2014, 11:47:10 PM

The children of god!............ Now if my father was chinese, what does that make me? It also makes me chinese. So if I am the child of god, and was "created in gods image" then what the heck does that make me? A God!

Just think about it.

Why in the blue fuck is it that only human beings can create fires out of thin air?

Why is it that only human beings clothe themselves, cook their food, live in mammoth sized buildings, know of all the elements that exist (even those that aren't found on earth), have different dna from every living creature on earth (look up evolution gap) etc etc etc

We take for granted the fact that we communicate, every day, with people who are thousands of miles away, using some hand held device, which is powered by waves that we can't even see with our eyes.

We take for granted the fact that there are modern day alchemists (just like jesus) who still walk the earth today. Just like how jesus turned water to wine, there are people who turn iron and carbon into steel.

We are all just as powerful as jesus, moses and the other host of prophets. It's just that those guys believed in their own power 100%.

Through the media and their vile and disgusting tirade of fear mongering, most people (not me) have been brainwashed into thinking that they are powerless.. people have been brainwashed into saying the most erroneous things such as: "we all make mistakes, we are only humans"... like wtf?

The media would have you believe that lions and elephants etc are the "kings of the jungle". Well I have been to this "jungle" on numerous occasions and can say wholehartedly that these elephants, lions, jaguars etc are scared shitless of human beings

Nah. Make the earth spin backwards and I might take a glance at that claim. Big claims. Small achievements.

You are so good, CryptoJerk. But, a couple of points.

The difference between Jesus and the rest is that He was the ONLY one Who had the essence of life in Himself. The others may have had power. Many may still have power. But the only one Who had the essence of life was/is Jesus.

Jesus didn't keep the essence to Himself. Rather, like Moses and others shared the good power that they had, Jesus shares life with all of us.

Now, because we all have life, and because of what God has made us to be with that life, we all have power, even though a good portion of that power isn't evident yet - most of us can't walk on liquid water very well.

God wanted life for us from the beginning. Because life is possibly the most important gift we have received from God, Jesus was esteemed greatly by God, when He shared life with us all. Because Jesus did this, God took Him to Heaven with Himself, and made Jesus to be God, equal with Himself, for all time and eternity... and outside of time... for ever and ever, even beyond eternity and infinity.

When Moses came down from the mountain after he had face God, and received the Ten Commandments, Moses' face was radiant (Probably his whole body was radiant with a kind of radiance that was blocked by his clothing.). This same radiance was with Moses when he met with God in the Tent of Meeting. But when Moses stepped out of the presence of God, the radiance gradually faded.

When Jesus met Moses and Elijah on the Mountain of Transfiguration, all of them shared the Heavenly radiance that does not fade. They talked about the up-coming work Jesus was going to do on the cross, where He would release life to all people. After they were done talking, Jesus put off the radiance and the glory so that He could finish the work in this life. But, He has taken it back up forever.

The point? God doesn't kid around. The only way we receive life and power is through Jesus. And, like Moses of old, when we receive some of the life and power in this life, it passes. So, focus on Jesus for the life and power that will come when God brings the new Heavens and new Earth into being and fulfillment.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003
Kobocoin - Mobile Money for Africa
November 30, 2014, 10:56:43 PM

Just think about it.

legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071
November 30, 2014, 10:23:08 PM
Alow your mind to be blown once more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ASj0969dLw

That video starts off with a great example of pareidolia: in this case, seeing a meaningful connection between the distribution of clusters of galaxies, and the structure of a neuron. The truth is, if you look for patterns long enough, you will eventually find them, whether or not they are meaningful. Tongue

Activity: 261
Merit: 250
November 30, 2014, 08:28:11 PM

SHIT!! Stop fuckin with me bro. You've messed me up for the day. I'm gonna go activate my bong and think this shit through
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
November 30, 2014, 08:17:30 PM
all religion is purely bullshit, and everyone who uses it for unanswered questions about life are also retarded, i just go along with being a christian because it's the "norm"
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
November 30, 2014, 08:12:25 PM
PROOF that god makes mistakes!

Activity: 205
Merit: 100
November 30, 2014, 08:10:23 PM
mind = blown

we also take for advantage the fact that we live on a celestial body of mass that is moving through light years of space, which means that we could all be millions of years old in space time lol (Seriously)

i also feel that "humans" are from the moon. If you look up the etymology for moon, you find the word "men" and "mens". this means that the moon is actually a planet. Which also means that there are humans living on other planets, probably more evolved than us too

to answer the question is god real? I agree with the above post. We are our own gods. This is why everyone who has ever become a billionaire, millionaire or just super successful says it took "self belief" for them to get there

interesting stuff when you get down to it

Activity: 261
Merit: 250
November 30, 2014, 07:48:47 PM

Just think about it.

mind = blown

we also take for advantage the fact that we live on a celestial body of mass that is moving through light years of space, which means that we could all be millions of years old in space time lol (Seriously)

i also feel that "humans" are from the moon. If you look up the etymology for moon, you find the word "men" and "mens". this means that the moon is actually a planet. Which also means that there are humans living on other planets, probably more evolved than us too

to answer the question is god real? I agree with the above post. We are our own gods. This is why everyone who has ever become a billionaire, millionaire or just super successful says it took "self belief" for them to get there

interesting stuff when you get down to it

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
November 30, 2014, 03:19:58 PM
Excellent the religious morons are turning on each other because of their own contradictory beliefs! Cheesy

Are you going to judge who is a moron without first finding out what they believe?

That is the same prejudice espoused by the "fundamentalists" and radicals.

Your prejudice is different???

If there is no evidence that it's true, I see no reason to hear them out

It's a false premise that evidence is a necessary requirement for knowledge. Evidence yields empirical knowledge, but there also exists knowledge independent of evidence.  

It's an invalid argument to state there is no good reason to believe in something because there is no evidence for it, and in fact all empirical phenomena is a direct consequence of the abstract laws and principles they obey.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
November 30, 2014, 02:51:38 PM

Why do you feel compelled to "prove yourself?"  I thought you'd feel compelled to prove your belief.

Probably because my 'belief' (as you say) is inextricably part of me. Proving myself and proving my 'belief' amounts to the same thing. You view your theory as a separate entity from yourself, I don't.
I don't change. I don't better myself. Instead I accept full responsibility for myself/the way I am/my 'belief'/my 'theory'.  Smiley

With all due respect, when one takes a position that essentially equates to "we can't really know anything absolutely" for whatever reason, it 'a priori' renders the position invalid.  

There are a few things I would like to say on this comment.

1) I've never said "we can't really know anything absolutely" In fact, I even said that it is possible. You've inferred this from my comments, even though I've specifically addressed this point. That conclusion came naturally for you because it is a defensive reflex.

Unfortunately such a theory can never come to exist, at least not in the sense you're alluding to. At best, you'll get the snake to eat it's own tail which is always acceptable assuming you're 100% innocently content with your theory of theories.

From this comment, it is clear that it is possible for one to "know anything/everything absolutely" as long as one is 100% happy with one's knowledge.

2) Humans' quest for 'absolute knowledge' is in direct contradiction with their way of life. One of the most sacred human motto is "To err is human." These simple words grant humanity the ability to forgive itself and forget its actions no matter how many mistakes, it makes. One of the implications of 'absolute knowledge' is that mistakes would become fatal.

3)Lastly, you don't seem to be aware of the duality of your own comment. You are effectively countering your own proposition.

---> You infer that I made an absolute statement.
---> You rebel against the absolute statement for being absolute.
---> The quest you're defending is an effort to reach exactly that: an absolute statement.  

it's fairly frustrating to be accused of "systematically" avoiding your points just after addressing your previous response point-by-point  Huh

How am I not correct in saying you addressed my points systematically when you yourself just confirmed that you addressed them "point-by-point"?
The only thing that could give this last part of your comment any meaning at all, is if you missed the fact that I actually used "missed/avoided/failed to understand" rather than just "avoided"

Ok gonna take a break now. Enjoy your Sunday!  Smiley

1)  Your belief that proving yourself and proving your belief amount to the same thing seems to contradict your belief that a theory of reality does not amount to explaining reality.  We can actually look to logic for understanding about the nature of relationships between similarities and differences, and in doing so we find that any and all differences *must* arise from similarities, i.e. "real" differences imply reductive similarities (e.g. sharing realness, etc.).  To this extent, at the most fundamental level of reasoning, objectivity and subjectivity, or absolutism and relativism, are the same.  This gives further credibility to the idea of a self-referential theory of reality.

2) All statements that we generate necessitate a presumption of absolutism, and it's impossible to avoid if you want to consider any thought or statement meaningful.  For example, consider the statement "truth is relative" and how it necessarily rides on the back of an unspoken assumption, namely that "it is the absolute truth that truth is relative."  To continue reinforcing the relativity of truth is to reinforce absolutism of the statement.  "Ratio" is the root word of rationale, thereby implying that all rational statements are relational ones, including statements about absolutism.

Denying any statement as absolute in *any* context (and not simply at the highest level of generality) 'a priori' renders the statement irrelevant.  I inferred that you were stating that it impossible to know anything absolutely based upon your statement that "a theory is by definition impossible" coupled with your assertion that a theorist is "unable to apprehend the infinities" that surround him (which isn't much of a concern, anyway).

3) I don't rebel against any statements for being considered absolute.  Absolutism and relativism are considered with regards to context, and I am most interested in the idea of forming an absolute (in terms of its scope of comprehension) theory of reality that is self-relational and describes its self in terms of itself.'

4) I used "avoided" as a catch-all for the other terms you mentioned.  Nevertheless, I responded to each of your points individually, but if you feel there are any I missed or misrepresented, please let me know.  
Activity: 555
Merit: 507
November 30, 2014, 02:42:28 PM
Excellent the religious morons are turning on each other because of their own contradictory beliefs! Cheesy

Are you going to judge who is a moron without first finding out what they believe?

If there is no evidence that it's true, I see no reason to hear them out
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
November 30, 2014, 02:04:58 PM
Yes, it's based on the historical evidence and mathematical data provided to me.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
November 30, 2014, 01:29:10 PM

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
November 30, 2014, 01:26:39 PM
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
November 30, 2014, 01:25:22 PM
You are not supposed to be attacking your brother with words like "foolishness".

Because you feel like ordering me to do something? Is your throne greater than Solomon's?

Christ said judge not lest we be judged.

Yours is not Christian behavior but the mere denouncing of a brother efforting to find his God Truth.

Matthew 7:2 Why do you notice the splinter in your brother’s eye yet fail to perceive the wooden beam in your own eye?

You can behave better than that, BADecker; Christ said anything He could do, you can do better (John 14:12)!
Activity: 172
November 30, 2014, 11:19:20 AM
-snip-
1) Anyone could have written that nonsense.
2) That's just superstition.

Is this better?

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
November 30, 2014, 09:40:42 AM
-snip-
1) Anyone could have written that nonsense.
2) That's just superstition.
November 30, 2014, 08:31:49 AM
November 30, 2014, 08:28:48 AM
Since this thread is going nowhere, thought I would lighten it up with some religious humor!  I encourage everyone to join in.

I'm joining in with you vod.. time to bring some color in this thread

Jump to: