Author

Topic: Scientific proof that God exists? - page 405. (Read 845565 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Knowledge could but approximate existence.
November 06, 2014, 05:03:11 PM
. . .

. . .

Quote from: name withheld
limx→∞ 1 ÷ x > 0 ⇒ (1 ÷ x = 0 ⇔ x > ∞) ⇒ x = −0

S₁ = kBln 0 = kBln e−(−0) = kB(−(−0)) = −(−0)

S₁ − S₂ = −(−0) − S₂ < 0 ⇒ −(−0) < S₂

S₂ = −0 = kBln Ω ⇒ −0 ÷ kB = −0 = ln Ω ⇒ e−0 = −0 = Ω

. . .

I'm not privy to those sets of evidence. However, I am privy to there being nothing whereby they would not exist.

How would you describe the relationship between potential and nothing?  

We can only directly observe this universe; however, if one interpolates back to nothing, one may indirectly observe "naked" existence (i.e., "Ω = 0").

Because we are interpolating, we may apply the "laws" of this universe (e.g., "S₁ − S₂ < 0") to that "totality" of existence.

In doing so, one finds that it is, within the confines of the second law of this universe's thermodynamics, possible for any of an absolute quantity of microstates (i.e., "Ω = −0") to manifest into existence.

In summary, what was addressed wasn't so much "nothing" as it was "nonexistence."

If I'm understanding you correctly, you are essentially notating the relationships between what things are and what they are not, e.g. we can ascribe things to exist specifically because they are not non-existent.  And, extending to specific conditional events, we define them in terms of both what they are and what they are not, e.g. apple is an apple because it isn't a not-apple.

If this isn't what you're implying, could you provide additional clarity?  Furthermore, how would you describe the relationship between consciousness and "non-existence?"

. . .

As an (I presume) atheist, how would you reconcile that belief with the sameness-in-difference principle of logic which state any two relational entities X and Y must share a common relational medium?  The implications of this principle are vast in that it demonstrates it is a logical impossibility for any two entities to be absolutely different from the other.  This means that the physical and abstract aspects of reality are identical at a fundamental level and their differences only arise as a result of their similarities.

So, are you confident enough to rule God out completely when the Universe can't exist independent of its abstract/mental constituents?  

Within Homo sapiens thought, the following often holds:
Code:
∀x Microstate-of(x, Existence) ∧ Mezostate-of(f(x), Existence) ⇒ x ≔ f(x)

Yeah. I need to learn more about notation.  Any way you could take that mathematical statement and phrase it in English?  I should be able to reverse model it back to your notation.

It's predicate logic.

For all x, if x is a microstate of existence and f(x) is a mezostate of existence then x is defined to be another name for f(x).
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
November 06, 2014, 04:54:34 PM
. . .

. . .

. . .

I'm not privy to those sets of evidence. However, I am privy to there being nothing whereby they would not exist.

We can only directly observe this universe; however, if one interpolates back to nothing, one may indirectly observe "naked" existence (i.e., "Ω = 0").

Because we are interpolating, we may apply the "laws" of this universe (e.g., "S₁ − S₂ < 0") to that "totality" of existence.

In doing so, one finds that it is, within the confines of the second law of this universe's thermodynamics, possible for any of an absolute quantity of microstates (i.e., "Ω = −0") to manifest into existence.

In summary, what was addressed wasn't so much "nothing" as it was "nonexistence."

If I'm understanding you correctly, you are essentially notating the relationships between what things are and what they are not, e.g. we can ascribe things to exist specifically because they are not non-existent.  And, extending to specific conditional events, we define them in terms of both what they are and what they are not, e.g. apple is an apple because it isn't a not-apple.

If this isn't what you're implying, could you provide additional clarity?  Furthermore, how would you describe the relationship between consciousness and "non-existence?"

. . .

As an (I presume) atheist, how would you reconcile that belief with the sameness-in-difference principle of logic which state any two relational entities X and Y must share a common relational medium?  The implications of this principle are vast in that it demonstrates it is a logical impossibility for any two entities to be absolutely different from the other.  This means that the physical and abstract aspects of reality are identical at a fundamental level and their differences only arise as a result of their similarities.

So, are you confident enough to rule God out completely when the Universe can't exist independent of its abstract/mental constituents?  

Code:
∀x∀y[microstate(x, existence) ∧ mezostate(y, existence) ∧ x ∈ y ⇒ x ≔ y]

Yeah. I need to learn more about notation.  Any way you could take that mathematical statement and phrase it in English?  I should be able to reverse model it back to your notation.
November 06, 2014, 04:45:06 PM
. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

Code:
∀x Microstate-of(x, Existence) ∧ Mezostate-of(f(x), Existence) ⇒ x ≔ f(x)
legendary
November 06, 2014, 04:38:55 PM
Nope nope and nope.

No God, sorry to break it to you.

As an (I presume) atheist, how would you reconcile that belief with the sameness-in-difference principle of logic which states any two relational entities X and Y must share a common relational medium?  The implications of this principle are vast in that it demonstrates it is a logical impossibility for any two entities to be absolutely different from each other.  This means that the physical and abstract aspects of reality are identical at a fundamental level and their differences only arise as a result of their similarities.

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1068
Juicin' crypto
November 06, 2014, 04:24:37 PM
Nope nope and nope.

No God, sorry to break it to you.

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
November 06, 2014, 04:22:22 PM
Do you understand everything about your FSM? If you do, then it is you that are god, not the FSM. If you are serious, read the New Testament in the Bible.

No one can understand everything about God.  

Reading a 2,000 year old book, when so much has changed since then, doesn't make much sense.  I understand this, but then again I had pasta 3 hours ago.

Read the scripture if you are serious.  

http://www.venganza.org/

Indeed it does not. I always asked myself why we (well in my classes in the past) learned some stuff that people said BC, or even in the Bible when science in the meantime proved them wrong.
Why should I read/believe what people said when they believed in magic, witches and similar things.
I'd rather join that Church than read the Bible  Cheesy.
legendary
November 06, 2014, 03:57:16 PM
Non-existance is conciousnous. (the thought that grew in the abyss)

I'm a current believer of the following: 

God:Universe :: Man:Thoughts
Activity: 630
November 06, 2014, 03:06:03 PM
Non-existance is conciousnous. (the thought that grew in the abyss)
legendary
November 06, 2014, 12:51:04 PM
. . .

How may a theory prove inaccurate without one's conception of that inaccuracy?

Hindsight?  For current theories, I'm not sure why it would be an issue so long as you acknowledge the limitations of your methodology.  I'm speaking here in reference to conclusions based upon observation.  With reference to purely abstract theories, you can avoid the issue entirely by knowing that you're absolutely and provably correct.  This latter type of theories must only acknowledge the boundary of sound reasoning.

One's "hindsight" (the joint) consists of one's own conceptions of one's own experiences.

The "hindsight" I'm talking about is what occurs at the introduction of new evidence that does not fit the current theory.

That "hindsight" is, partially, a function of the set of evidence one could receive.

Different universe? Different set.

So long as that 'other' universe is beyond the scope of observation, that's fairly irrelevant, especially in a practical sense.  Are you aware of any proofs that necessitate other universes with unique syntax?  

. . .

. . .

If I'm understanding you correctly, you are essentially notating the relationships between what things are and what they are not, e.g. we can ascribe things to exist specifically because they are not non-existent.  And, extending to specific conditional events, we define them in terms of both what they are and what they are not, e.g. apple is an apple because it isn't a not-apple.

If this isn't what you're implying, could you provide additional clarity?  Furthermore, how would you describe the relationship between consciousness and "non-existence?"
November 06, 2014, 12:27:04 AM
. . .

Hindsight?  For current theories, I'm not sure why it would be an issue so long as you acknowledge the limitations of your methodology.  I'm speaking here in reference to conclusions based upon observation.  With reference to purely abstract theories, you can avoid the issue entirely by knowing that you're absolutely and provably correct.  This latter type of theories must only acknowledge the boundary of sound reasoning.

One's "hindsight" (the joint) consists of one's own conceptions of one's own experiences.

The "hindsight" I'm talking about is what occurs at the introduction of new evidence that does not fit the current theory.

That "hindsight" is, partially, a function of the set of evidence one could receive.

So long as that 'other' universe is beyond the scope of observation, that's fairly irrelevant, especially in a practical sense.  Are you aware of any proofs that necessitate other universes with unique syntax?  

. . .

. . .

Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
November 05, 2014, 11:44:55 PM
Do you understand everything about your FSM? If you do, then it is you that are god, not the FSM. If you are serious, read the New Testament in the Bible.

Reading a 2,000 year old book, when so much has changed since then, doesn't make much sense.  I understand this, but then again I had pasta 3 hours ago.

hhaha. this is a new religion and its funny. xD

Luckily, God (aka FSM) allows you to laugh and even mock it with no consequences!  Earth has been free to evolve for billions of years and it sees no reason to start interfering now.
legendary
November 05, 2014, 11:40:56 PM
. . .

If you would read my posts, I wouldn't have to repeat myself.

Again, science *never* states conclusions as perfectly or absolutely true.  For example, if someone says, "Science (now referenced as a body of knowledge, as you did) supports evolution, so evolution is true," it's the same as saying, "We interpret our findings to mean evolution is the best explanation at this time."  If you would read the scientific papers instead of reading news articles or other sources of informal discourse, you would find that exactly 100% of all peer-reviewed, scientific studies never state conclusions with a 100% confidence level.  And if you find a scientific paper that does, then it should never have been published.

It's not that science (now referenced as a method; I can't believe I actually need to do this for you) stops at evolution.  If new evidence presents itself, then scientists will simply try to learn as much as they can to reach a new, more comprehensive theory that incorporates the new data.  I personally interpret the same evidence used to support the traditional view of evolution in a different way, and so I have reached my own conclusion based upon what I've evidenced.  If new evidence arises, then I will have to drop my original conclusion.

By the way, the definition of *any*thing is a theory of that thing.  Theories can be good or bad, right or wrong, comprehensive or inapplicable/hypothetical.  A theory is just an abstract, mathematical construct.  All reported conclusions in science are abstract, mathematical constructs.  [Edit: I forgot to mention that, while there are many types of theories, a scientific theory is one that has strong scientific rigor, which means the theory has been thoroughly explored in a consistently methodical way.]  All of your thoughts are also abstract, mathematical constructs.  Do you see where I'm going with this?

If not, it's this:  Yes, I'm arguing against you, but my primary argument here is that you do exactly what you criticize all the time.  So, basically I'm just trying to tell you that you are the one defeating your own argument.  I could say nothing and just let you contradict yourself all day and be a hypocrite, but I'm taking the time to help you with this, so I'd appreciate it if you would actually try to read my posts.  Is that so much to ask?
(Emphasis mine.)

So long as that 'other' universe is beyond the scope of observation, that's fairly irrelevant, especially in a practical sense.  Are you aware of any proofs that necessitate other universes with unique syntax? 

. . .

. . .

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
November 05, 2014, 11:36:51 PM

hhaha. this is a new religion and its funny. xD
November 05, 2014, 11:12:51 PM
. . .

Again, science *never* states conclusions as perfectly or absolutely true.  For example, if someone says, "Science (now referenced as a body of knowledge, as you did) supports evolution, so evolution is true," it's the same as saying, "We interpret our findings to mean evolution is the best explanation at this time."  If you would read the scientific papers instead of reading news articles or other sources of informal discourse, you would find that exactly 100% of all peer-reviewed, scientific studies never state conclusions with a 100% confidence level.  And if you find a scientific paper that does, then it should never have been published.

It's not that science (now referenced as a method; I can't believe I actually need to do this for you) stops at evolution.  If new evidence presents itself, then scientists will simply try to learn as much as they can to reach a new, more comprehensive theory that incorporates the new data.  I personally interpret the same evidence used to support the traditional view of evolution in a different way, and so I have reached my own conclusion based upon what I've evidenced.  If new evidence arises, then I will have to drop my original conclusion.

By the way, the definition of *any*thing is a theory of that thing.  Theories can be good or bad, right or wrong, comprehensive or inapplicable/hypothetical.  A theory is just an abstract, mathematical construct.  All reported conclusions in science are abstract, mathematical constructs.  [Edit: I forgot to mention that, while there are many types of theories, a scientific theory is one that has strong scientific rigor, which means the theory has been thoroughly explored in a consistently methodical way.]  All of your thoughts are also abstract, mathematical constructs.  Do you see where I'm going with this?

If not, it's this:  Yes, I'm arguing against you, but my primary argument here is that you do exactly what you criticize all the time.  So, basically I'm just trying to tell you that you are the one defeating your own argument.  I could say nothing and just let you contradict yourself all day and be a hypocrite, but I'm taking the time to help you with this, so I'd appreciate it if you would actually try to read my posts.  Is that so much to ask?
(Emphasis mine.)

So long as that 'other' universe is beyond the scope of observation, that's fairly irrelevant, especially in a practical sense.  Are you aware of any proofs that necessitate other universes with unique syntax? 

. . .

. . .

legendary
November 05, 2014, 10:55:05 PM
. . .

(Emphasis mine.)

November 05, 2014, 10:49:44 PM
. . .

(Emphasis mine.)

legendary
November 05, 2014, 10:20:54 PM
. . .

(Emphasis mine.)

Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
November 05, 2014, 10:15:23 PM
just live ur life man

That's what God/FSM preaches!  We may have different names for him*, but we all worship the same noodle!

(*The FSM is both male and female.  He appeared as a male 2,000 years ago hence the gender references in the bible)

Smiley
Activity: 129
Merit: 100
November 05, 2014, 10:12:47 PM
just live ur life man
November 05, 2014, 10:03:31 PM
. . .

(Emphasis mine.)

Jump to: