Author

Topic: Scientific proof that God exists? - page 412. (Read 845565 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
November 05, 2014, 12:44:44 PM

Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. That's all the higher sciences have. They don't even have witnesses.

Perfect love drives out fear. Come on over and stop being afraid. Convert to Christianity, and find the love so you can cast out the fear.

Smiley
Activity: 172
Merit: 100
November 05, 2014, 12:40:00 PM
legendary
November 05, 2014, 12:36:44 PM

Oh, thanks. I had almost given up on you all, and gone to take a nap.   Cheesy

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9446969
legendary
November 05, 2014, 12:35:08 PM
Come on, guys. I know nobody likes to be proven wrong. But look. It's for your own good.

Consider. Even if science proved that the universe was billions of years old, and that evolution was the REAL thing, and that there was "pure random," and that all the marvels of the universe were really just happenstance, well, guess what? You'd never be able to understand it all anyway. It would take a computer the size of the earth to understand it all. You'd still be living on faith, even if you thought you knew that science had proven it all.

The point? Don't feel so bad that science is the weakest of the religions. Rather, come on over to the strongest religion - the Christian religion. After all, people simply aren't made to live without religion. Make it easy on yourselves. Convert!

Smiley
Activity: 172
Merit: 100
November 05, 2014, 12:29:57 PM
legendary
November 05, 2014, 12:22:51 PM
How predictable. All I have to do is ask you not to cop out, and now I can go take a nap.  Smiley
legendary
November 05, 2014, 12:10:51 PM
Hey! We're on a good run here. Don't cop out. We have a chance at bringing this thread way up in page numbers.

Cheesy
legendary
November 05, 2014, 12:09:30 PM
And as with all online discussions about religion, it ends with irrational flaming and potshots

That's because that's all the other side has at it's disposal in reality, they use either threats of violence or insults to get their way when the science isn't on their side.

I've been noticing that about a lot of atheists when they find out that their science is religion.   Cheesy
legendary
November 05, 2014, 12:08:09 PM
Yeah, I especially like the part where you countered the facts laid before you about your precious Bible falling short on the whole 'word of god' shtick.

Henry VIII decides he wants to get divorced, voila! goodbye RC, say hello to the "Church of England", now, who do I have to behead to get a CofE Bible thrown together?

Just as I figured. You don't have anything else. So you go and pick on the failings of a human being. So, do you really think that your perfection is good enough?

Smiley

...Says he who claims science is "weakest" and then provides absolutely no reasoning behind the statement whatsoever.  It appears you're the one who has nothing else aside from two tactics:  1) Keep saying the Bible is right, and 2) attack people when they call you out on your bogus thinking.

Care to provide justification for your statements?  I remember how you completely failed to create a deductive argument for claims homosexuality is "bad" and "unnatural" even when I created a template for you.

Care to try again?

Premise 1: Insert here
Premise 2: Insert here
Premises 3, 4, etc.: Insert here
Therefore:  Science is the weakest with all of its "ifs"

There you go, sport. There's the template, all you need to do is fill in the premises to reach your conclusion.  If you succeed, I (and I'm sure many others) will concede to a superior argument.

Make my day Wink

Here it is about science. All science that can be used in daily life is practical. All the rest of it is based on "if." "If" means that science doesn't know. Science is fantasy, or else it is the weakest religion.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
November 05, 2014, 12:06:41 PM
And as with all online discussions about religion, it ends with irrational flaming and potshots

That's because that's all the other side has at it's disposal in reality, they use either threats of violence or insults to get their way when the science isn't on their side.
legendary
November 05, 2014, 12:06:09 PM
How dull, you are simply resorting to your usual dishonest response of asking a question about something else when faced with a fact you don't like.

Well, you don't care about the facts. If you did, you'd become Christian.   Wink
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
November 05, 2014, 12:05:32 PM
Yeah, I especially like the part where you countered the facts laid before you about your precious Bible falling short on the whole 'word of god' shtick.

Henry VIII decides he wants to get divorced, voila! goodbye RC, say hello to the "Church of England", now, who do I have to behead to get a CofE Bible thrown together?

Just as I figured. You don't have anything else. So you go and pick on the failings of a human being. So, do you really think that your perfection is good enough?

Smiley

...Says he who claims science is "weakest" and then provides absolutely no reasoning behind the statement whatsoever.  It appears you're the one who has nothing else aside from two tactics:  1) Keep saying the Bible is right, and 2) attack people when they call you out on your bogus thinking.

Care to provide justification for your statements?  I remember how you completely failed to create a deductive argument for claims homosexuality is "bad" and "unnatural" even when I created a template for you.

Care to try again?

Premise 1: Insert here
Premise 2: Insert here
Premises 3, 4, etc.: Insert here
Therefore:  Science is the weakest with all of its "ifs"

There you go, sport. There's the template, all you need to do is fill in the premises to reach your conclusion.  If you succeed, I (and I'm sure many others) will concede to a superior argument.

Make my day Wink
legendary
November 05, 2014, 12:04:52 PM

Oh, we're just having fun.   Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1254
Thread-puller extraordinaire
November 05, 2014, 12:02:09 PM
How dull, you are simply resorting to your usual dishonest response of asking a question about something else when faced with a fact you don't like.

Activity: 15
Merit: 0
November 05, 2014, 12:01:44 PM
legendary
November 05, 2014, 11:58:09 AM

Smiley
legendary
November 05, 2014, 11:44:12 AM

legendary
November 05, 2014, 11:41:01 AM
Ooh, snappy comeback. You sure showed me.

What's the matter? Don't you have a comeback that makes sense?

Smiley
legendary
November 05, 2014, 11:34:40 AM
I did? You're so easy.   Cheesy
legendary
November 05, 2014, 11:31:23 AM
Ooh, snappy comeback. You sure showed me.

Jump to: