Author

Topic: Scientific proof that God exists? - page 416. (Read 845565 times)

Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
November 03, 2014, 07:39:27 PM
Let's look to the Mayans.

The survived the big flood that was supposed to have killed everything on the planet.
They had better knowledge of astronomy than any other culture in the world.
They had the most advanced numbering system in the world.

They were never touched by the word of the christian god until they were destroyed by the invasion of religious fools.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
November 03, 2014, 07:20:18 PM
The more the thread progresses, the worse their answers become.
I always saw religion as a way to manipulate the 'sheep' population, nothing more nothing less.
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
November 03, 2014, 03:37:13 PM
AzIz.. AZIZ..LIGHT's!!!
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
November 03, 2014, 02:45:31 PM
study His character and this is done by reading the Bible in it's entirety, both the Old and the New Testament.  

We can also "know God" by spending time in prayer as well.

He says, "His sheep know His voice."

How is it that there are only two written volumes containing recorded transcriptions of God's voice?

Can one really know God's voice if one is reading a translation?

My husband likes to read the New Testament in Greek.  Feel free to study Biblical Greek, as well as Hebrew for the Old Testament, if it concerns you that reading a "translation" makes it hard to know God's voice. Wink

Fortunately, I feel that many of the translations are fairly accurate to the original texts so this isn't a huge concern to me.

That said, I do believe God still speaks to us today.  Why are the scriptures that we have the only canonized scriptures?  Well that is a debate in of itself, but there were good reasons why some books were included and some were not.  
There are political reasons that certain books were included and others were not; also, there are political reasons for the translations of key words.
Reincarnation
Ekklesia

That is not even the point.
Without the original renderings, there is no inspired text.
Christ never set up a church nor did he set up a canon, that was all done by men of this world. Christ warned you about Pharisees (Matthew 23), Christ also told you exactly who rules this world, your volumes will not escape that corruption because they are of this world and a great many of those books come from a Pharisee (see Acts 23:6, Matthew 5:20).

The nature of the soul is indeed a complicated study and humanity has yet to master all that there is to know about itself. This is why religion exists. To limit yourself to two volumes (consisting of books chosen by men) is really absurd, ESPECIALLY IF GOD IS ALWAYS SPEAKING TO YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE.

To those tampered volumes I say "no thanks"; they are useful study, but I have heard God's voice in plain English with over 100 volumes, and it speaks about the reality of life and the illusion of death, not just "one life after death and a 'savior' that will take away your responsibility", which is the most irreligious sentiment that I have ever heard. God will forgive those mistakes made in ignorance, but do you think that God's forgiveness can excuse you from seeking out the real truth which is at all times being spoken to everyone and even being recorded?

How are you going to recognize the truth without both a reference point and a search?
See The Problem of the Criterion from Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy

One of the very important things that the Bible tells us in this regard is, the devil makes himself look like an angel of light. 2 Corinthians 11:14:
And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.

So, who did you hear when you thought you heard God talking those more than 100 volumes in English?

Smiley

If I was Satan, and if I wanted to deceive the people, I would write the Bible and pretend to be God and claim that it was written under divine influence.  Then I'd have a couple billion Christians thinking that they're preaching the word of God as written in the Bible, when in reality it's the influence of Satan.

Wouldn't that be a trip -- to think that, all this time, you've been believing you're preaching the word of God like a good Christian, and maybe you're just a Satanist?

Or what if God is a billion more times powerful than He is, and has set this whole universe up as a complete game, to make us all think that He is a good Guy, and that He is here to help us. But all the time He simply wants to torture us like some mean child who pokes at a gerbil in its cage with a stick.

We are so absolutely weak and limited that all we can do is trust and hope. We can barely interact with the things of life in our personal situations. Even though most of us have pleasure and joy right along with the pain and sadness of life, we don't really have any control. We all die. If there are any who are, say, a thousand years old, they are of childhood age with regard to the age of the universe.

The best we can do is understand our weakness, live life in enjoyment (not heavy pleasure) because it is all we get out of life, and trust that God is good because of the goodness that we see around us and that penetrates into our souls, and do good as we see fit in our lives.

What else is there? The deep mysteries of this complex universe are hidden from us.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
November 03, 2014, 01:56:02 PM
study His character and this is done by reading the Bible in it's entirety, both the Old and the New Testament.  

How is it that there are only two written volumes containing recorded transcriptions of God's voice?

My husband likes to read the New Testament in Greek.  Feel free to study Biblical Greek, as well as Hebrew for the Old Testament, if it concerns you that reading a "translation" makes it hard to know God's voice. Wink

Fortunately, I feel that many of the translations are fairly accurate to the original texts so this isn't a huge concern to me.

That said, I do believe God still speaks to us today.  Why are the scriptures that we have the only canonized scriptures?  Well that is a debate in of itself, but there were good reasons why some books were included and some were not.  
There are political reasons that certain books were included and others were not; also, there are political reasons for the translations of key words.
Reincarnation
Ekklesia

Christ never set up a church nor did he set up a canon, that was all done by men of this world. Christ warned you about Pharisees (Matthew 23), Christ also told you exactly who rules this world, your volumes will not escape that corruption because they are of this world and a great many of those books come from a Pharisee (see Acts 23:6, Matthew 5:20).

The nature of the soul is indeed a complicated study and humanity has yet to master all that there is to know about itself. This is why religion exists. To limit yourself to two volumes (consisting of books chosen by men) is really absurd, ESPECIALLY IF GOD IS ALWAYS SPEAKING TO YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE.

To those tampered volumes I say "no thanks"; they are useful study, but I have heard God's voice in plain English with over 100 volumes, and it speaks about the reality of life and the illusion of death, not just "one life after death and a 'savior' that will take away your responsibility", which is the most irreligious sentiment that I have ever heard. God will forgive those mistakes made in ignorance, but do you think that God's forgiveness can excuse you from seeking out the real truth which is at all times being spoken to everyone and even being recorded?

How are you going to recognize the truth without both a reference point and a search?

One of the very important things that the Bible tells us in this regard is, the devil makes himself look like an angel of light. 2 Corinthians 11:14:

So, who did you hear when you thought you heard God talking those more than 100 volumes in English?

Smiley

If I was Satan, and if I wanted to deceive the people, I would write the Bible and pretend to be God and claim that it was written under divine influence.  Then I'd have a couple billion Christians thinking that they're preaching the word of God as written in the Bible, when in reality it's the influence of Satan.

Wouldn't that be a trip -- to think that, all this time, you've been believing you're preaching the word of God like a good Christian, and maybe you're just a Satanist?
legendary
November 03, 2014, 01:42:36 PM

Reincarnation
Ekklesia

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
November 03, 2014, 12:30:51 PM
God is real. Period.

Well, you can't argue with that logic. Literally.

lol. Cheesy
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
November 03, 2014, 07:44:17 AM

Reincarnation
Ekklesia

November 03, 2014, 07:20:23 AM

God spoke the universe into being. Therefore, the universe is His word. However, because of our triviality, we will never see much of God by looking at the universe. How can you tell? Just look at all the atheistic scientists.

God gave us the two volumes so that we can make sense of Him... a sense that we can't see in the complex, gigantic universe. Nobody understands anything exactly the same way as anyone else. Everyone has his own inner, private interpretation, even though the outer one may be similar to outer interpretations of many other people.

The Word of God in the two volumes speaks to the heart of the reader.

Smiley

If the whole universe is the word, why did God only give us two volumes? He can't do any better? He doesn't need to give us more guidance?

His angels are not delivering messages to us? It is most absurd to limit yourself to two volumes when you are talking about GOD.
November 03, 2014, 12:49:03 AM
Pray tell me the difference between masonic/biblical initiation, I think it's about time I tested some of that!!
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
November 02, 2014, 10:21:59 PM

My husband likes to read the New Testament in Greek.  Feel free to study Biblical Greek, as well as Hebrew for the Old Testament, if it concerns you that reading a "translation" makes it hard to know God's voice. Wink

That said, I do believe God still speaks to us today.  Why are the scriptures that we have the only canonized scriptures?  Well that is a debate in of itself, but there were good reasons why some books were included and some were not. 
legendary
November 02, 2014, 07:06:01 PM
Thank Goodness there are those with minds who understand what is being preached.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
November 02, 2014, 06:54:06 PM
See? They just ignore you and turn to mindless preaching Tongue
legendary
November 02, 2014, 06:38:07 PM

God spoke the universe into being. Therefore, the universe is His word. However, because of our triviality, we will never see much of God by looking at the universe. How can you tell? Just look at all the atheistic scientists.

God gave us the two volumes so that we can make sense of Him... a sense that we can't see in the complex, gigantic universe. Nobody understands anything exactly the same way as anyone else. Everyone has his own inner, private interpretation, even though the outer one may be similar to outer interpretations of many other people.

The Word of God in the two volumes speaks to the heart of the reader.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
November 02, 2014, 06:30:36 PM
God is real. Period.

Just say "Prove it" Cheesy
ern
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
November 02, 2014, 06:08:10 PM
God is real. Period.

November 02, 2014, 04:39:28 PM
Prove it, after all, this is what this threads for Cheesy
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
November 02, 2014, 07:40:07 AM
God is real. Period.
November 02, 2014, 03:54:30 AM

Activity: 252
November 01, 2014, 09:41:24 PM
because God is real. 
Jump to: