Author

Topic: Scientific proof that God exists? - page 413. (Read 845565 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
November 05, 2014, 11:27:45 AM
Way stronger than anything else. In fact science is the weakest with all their "if"s.

Jesus fucking Christ, well done, another epic example of just how poisonous religion is, you are so far gone you cannot even see the absurdity of your statements.

Science: We don't have enough data yet to explain [insert subject here] fully.
You: Haha, science fail! Old men in silly hats have given me the answers to everything and I believe them because, well, they tell me God told them, so it must be true. I can haz all the answers!

Poor baby. You're losing it. Take hold, man, and come to your senses before it is too late for you.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1254
Thread-puller extraordinaire
November 05, 2014, 11:25:58 AM
Way stronger than anything else. In fact science is the weakest with all their "if"s.

Jesus fucking Christ, well done, another epic example of just how poisonous religion is, you are so far gone you cannot even see the absurdity of your statements.

Science: We don't have enough data yet to explain [insert subject here] fully.
You: Haha, science fail! Old men in silly hats have given me the answers to everything and I believe them because, well, they tell me God told them, so it must be true. I can haz all the answers!

legendary
November 05, 2014, 11:21:00 AM
"do as I say, not as I do".   Cheesy

Yes, this is an axiomatic point, very relevant to talk of "god".

All religions are created to establish a hierarchical structure.

"Hierarchical structure" is the way everything works. Think of how your body would function if there wasn't the hierarchical structure of your brain ruling over it. In fact, you'd be dead without hierarchical structure.

Smiley
X7
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone
November 05, 2014, 11:19:10 AM
I don't subscribe to religion per say.. Just try to live life as lovingly as possible.
Also try to establish an emotional connection to whatever force or creator is out there, to better understand it.
legendary
November 05, 2014, 11:19:01 AM
This thread is just another depressing example of the sheer magnitude of human ignorance, particularly that which is wilful.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1254
Thread-puller extraordinaire
November 05, 2014, 11:15:48 AM
This thread is just another depressing example of the sheer magnitude of human ignorance, particularly that which is wilful.

Activity: 238
Merit: 106
November 05, 2014, 10:49:20 AM
"do as I say, not as I do".   Cheesy

Yes, this is an axiomatic point, very relevant to talk of "god".

All religions are created to establish a hierarchical structure.
X7
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone
November 05, 2014, 10:04:47 AM
I never asked that anyone read my bible or try my God, so you cannot claim that I am a hypocrite, period.

Of course you are a hypocrite.

You don't even follow your own god's commandments.   Roll Eyes

Open and shut, period.

lol Vod well if you genuinely believe in a flying spaghetti monster that is your right - If you are being facetious then maybe it is worth examining the reasons why.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
November 05, 2014, 04:03:56 AM
I never asked that anyone read my bible or try my God, so you cannot claim that I am a hypocrite, period.

Of course you are a hypocrite.

You don't even follow your own god's commandments.   Roll Eyes

Open and shut, period.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
November 05, 2014, 01:05:55 AM
Is that post supposed to be a joke? Would you message me in private with such questions?

It's not a joke at all.  I find you very hypocritical.  You ask that others try your god, but you won't even try sodomy.  You ask that others read your bible, but have you read the FSM scripture?

How is my mind closed if I have read your noodly book? That book was once my reference point for truth.

Vod
legendary
November 04, 2014, 09:34:47 PM
It is impossible to have a "reasoned conversation" with a brainwashed person.  Your mind is closed.   Undecided
November 04, 2014, 09:32:44 PM
Breach of Contract is not the same as theft. Insolvency is not the same as theft either. Do you have some privileged knowledge which defines otherwise?

I would not expect a hypocrite to understand the truth about anything. It was the hypocrites who murdered Christ, and you are ready to accuse me of anything when we could instead be having a reasoned conversation.

I never asked anyone to try my God, and I will not do so. So where on Earth did you get that notion (if you don't mind me asking)?

The beliefs which Science has forced upon Religion, have been intrinsically more religious than those which they supplanted, and Science has but very incompletely fulfilled its office. So it is useless to use Science to prove God because God is a mode of being as much transcending Intelligence and Will as these transcend mechanical motion.

But in any case we can see how Religion and Science may one day be at peace with each other.
Vod
legendary
November 04, 2014, 09:07:01 PM
Cease your hypocrisy in this thread; you are full of presumptions and lies and you have no shame.

You are an "excellent" example of "do as I say, not as I do".   Cheesy

Hmmm, and how many examples of my bad behavior do you have?

I listed two of the commandments you have broken within the last five minutes!

I really don't care about you enough to go slinging through your post history to see others you have broken.

I just find it funny how closed minded you are.   Wink
November 04, 2014, 09:06:36 PM
Back to basics, like existence:

Is it not possible that there is a mode of being as much transcending Intelligence and Will, as these transcend mechanical motion? Doubtless we are totally unable to imagine any such higher mode of being. But this is not a reason for questioning its existence; it is rather the reverse.
November 04, 2014, 09:04:23 PM
Cease your hypocrisy in this thread; you are full of presumptions and lies and you have no shame.

Hmmm, and how many examples of my bad behavior do you have?
Vod
legendary
November 04, 2014, 09:02:44 PM

November 04, 2014, 09:01:39 PM
We have already agreed that you are a hypocrite, and that is enough agreement for me.

Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour

Tell me, do you follow any of the commandments?

I don't need to speak to your creditors to know you stole.  

Wink

It means nothing if you claim to know something because you are a hypocrite by all accounts and you don't even take yourself seriously in this thread.
Vod
legendary
November 04, 2014, 09:00:00 PM
We have already agreed that you are a hypocrite, and that is enough agreement for me.

Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour

Tell me, do you follow any of the commandments?

I don't need to speak to your creditors to know you stole.  

Wink
November 04, 2014, 08:58:44 PM
You have to admit it's hypocritical to ask others to follow your god when you don't even follow it's COMMANDMENTS yourself.

Wouldn't you agree?

See how you ignore the questions?   Wink
I wouldn't agree.
I don't have to agree with you.
Because I have the facts and you have not spoken to my creditors.
See how that works?
Cease your hypocrisy in this thread; you are full of presumptions and lies and you have no shame; I don't need your agreement to see that.
Vod
legendary
November 04, 2014, 08:55:43 PM
You have to admit it's hypocritical to ask others to follow your god when you don't even follow it's COMMANDMENTS yourself.

Wouldn't you agree?

See how you ignore the questions?   Wink
Jump to: