Author

Topic: Scientific proof that God exists? - page 514. (Read 845435 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 106
August 27, 2014, 12:51:43 PM
How can you prove something scientifically if it cannot be meassured?

Simple:

just don't bother trying to measure it and then shout "it's real" at the person you are trying to "prove" it to!

of course for this to "work" you must recalibrate your own internal understanding of the word "scientific", or better yet; not have that understanding in the first place!

edit: non sarcastic answer: you can't!
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
August 27, 2014, 12:41:49 PM
How can you prove something scientifically if it cannot be meassured?
Activity: 238
Merit: 106
August 27, 2014, 12:05:32 PM
Yes my God allows the murder of such people; he allows murder when the right reason is present. Why wouldn't he?

oh noes murder!

think for yourself man, you have reduced yourself to cannon fodder, remember the "other side" thinks just the same.

Many people do not deserve to live their lives.

well you're a real bundle of fun aren't you! you already wrote:
Also he does not like it when you refer to him as 'god', 'God' is a must.

in that case i will use lowercase AND a smaller font from now on to refer to your fictional god.

i hold no ill will toward you, i just think you should relax and represent yourself rather than some other persons ideas (illogical ones at that!).
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
August 27, 2014, 07:03:04 AM
Does your god allow me to murder those infidels that believe in those fake ones?
If it doesn't, oh well, I'll just make it up as I go along and do it anyway. In the name of god.
Yes my God allows the murder of such people; he allows murder when the right reason is present. Why wouldn't he?
Many people do not deserve to live their lives.
Also he does not like it when you refer to him as 'god', 'God' is a must.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015
August 27, 2014, 06:41:20 AM
Now are you talking about my God?
What if all these Gods up to now were fake, and I'm the first to discover the real one?
Does your god allow me to murder those infidels that believe in those fake ones?
If it doesn't, oh well, I'll just make it up as I go along and do it anyway. In the name of god.

LOL, let's hope so. But I think we'll be disappointed. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233
May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage
August 27, 2014, 03:28:24 AM
What if all these Gods up to now were fake, and I'm the first to discover the real one?
legendary
August 27, 2014, 02:46:45 AM
legendary
Terminated.
August 27, 2014, 02:09:23 AM
Several simple answers.
1. God wants companionship. He is great beyond understanding. He wants companionship that will match His greatness. That's why He made angels and people.
-snip
Think of how esteemed you feel when your friends or co-workers tell you that you did a good job with something that you did. It is similar with God.
3.  It is unfortunate that so many people are unwilling to recognize that He even exists.
Can we lay off the preaching. It annoying and pointless.
Also you didn't specify which god you was preaching about. Was it LaudaM's new one?

1) Prove to me that he did and that it wasn't part of the evolution. Did he make Unicorns too?  Roll Eyes
2) I don't feel esteemed because of that at all.
3) Prove to me that he exists and I'll acknowledge him.

legendary
August 27, 2014, 02:02:20 AM
Every man, scientist or not, feel the deep need to relate to a deity, to a higher being.
Lolwat
I love when people state facts based on not a single proof

My turn
Every man, scientist or not, knows that the real superior being is the Flying Spaghetti Monster and that other religions were created only to bring fear and shame to the mankind.
legendary
August 27, 2014, 12:27:11 AM
i haven't read all thread, but i have an easy question: why a perfect entity had the urge to create men?

honestly i have a bunch of simple questions since my childhood that never got a satisfing answers; maybe someone here could shake my opinions ...

Several simple answers.

1. God wants companionship. He is great beyond understanding. He wants companionship that will match His greatness. That's why He made angels and people. The fact that there are different kinds of angels suggests that there might be a tremendously large number of different kinds of angels. We all have been created for His companionship.

2. God doesn't measure His value in gold. He can create all the gold he wants at any time he wants. Gold holds no value for Him. In fact, the whole universe holds no value for him. His value is in the glory he receives. He receives glory when people praise Him. People have been built with enough of Himself in them. They can recognize how GREAT and GOOD He is. Their recognition of such things, and their ultimate praise of Him, is like money in the bank of God. And God, Himself, praises people in certain ways, at certain times, for recognizing Him.

Think of how esteemed you feel when your friends or co-workers tell you that you did a good job with something that you did. It is similar with God. He did a good job at making this universe and people, and then offering them salvation when they failed. We should hold Him in highest esteem. GOD IS TREMENDOUSLY WONDERFUL AND GREAT!!! When we esteem Him, this is part of the glory He receives. It is as close to money in the bank that He can get.

3. God is so absolutely Great, that, if we can recognize His greatness, and praise Him, standing in awe of His Greatness, He will make things work out well for us, ultimately. For us to live and love God, and praise Him for the Greatness that He is, is better than not having existed at all. It is unfortunate that so many people are unwilling to recognize that He even exists. Such people have no use, either for themselves, or for God. If they will not turn and come to understand Him, they will have locked in their own destruction.

Consider how great that destruction will be. The fact that people have the ability to recognize how great God is, means that they are, themselves, in some ways as great as God. So the self destruction that people are bringing on themselves means that they are actually destroying some of that which is God-like. How do you destroy God? It would take a lot to destroy God. But that is virtually what people are doing to themselves when they push God out of their lives.

In the Revelation, there is a thing called the lake of fire, at the end-time of this universe. My take on it is that it will include, among other things, the dissolution of the whole universe, including the souls of the people and angels that don't accept Him. It will last forever - eternity to God is simply like another tool for Him to use. God will get His energy back, that He used to make the universe, everything in it, including the people and angels.

Fill yourself on God's Word, the Bible.

Smiley

Can we lay off the preaching. It annoying and pointless.
Also you didn't specify which god you was preaching about. Was it LaudaM's new one?
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
August 26, 2014, 08:29:00 PM
i haven't read all thread, but i have an easy question: why a perfect entity had the urge to create men?

honestly i have a bunch of simple questions since my childhood that never got a satisfing answers; maybe someone here could shake my opinions ...

Several simple answers.

1. God wants companionship. He is great beyond understanding. He wants companionship that will match His greatness. That's why He made angels and people. The fact that there are different kinds of angels suggests that there might be a tremendously large number of different kinds of angels. We all have been created for His companionship.

2. God doesn't measure His value in gold. He can create all the gold he wants at any time he wants. Gold holds no value for Him. In fact, the whole universe holds no value for him. His value is in the glory he receives. He receives glory when people praise Him. People have been built with enough of Himself in them. They can recognize how GREAT and GOOD He is. Their recognition of such things, and their ultimate praise of Him, is like money in the bank of God. And God, Himself, praises people in certain ways, at certain times, for recognizing Him.

Think of how esteemed you feel when your friends or co-workers tell you that you did a good job with something that you did. It is similar with God. He did a good job at making this universe and people, and then offering them salvation when they failed. We should hold Him in highest esteem. GOD IS TREMENDOUSLY WONDERFUL AND GREAT!!! When we esteem Him, this is part of the glory He receives. It is as close to money in the bank that He can get.

3. God is so absolutely Great, that, if we can recognize His greatness, and praise Him, standing in awe of His Greatness, He will make things work out well for us, ultimately. For us to live and love God, and praise Him for the Greatness that He is, is better than not having existed at all. It is unfortunate that so many people are unwilling to recognize that He even exists. Such people have no use, either for themselves, or for God. If they will not turn and come to understand Him, they will have locked in their own destruction.

Consider how great that destruction will be. The fact that people have the ability to recognize how great God is, means that they are, themselves, in some ways as great as God. So the self destruction that people are bringing on themselves means that they are actually destroying some of that which is God-like. How do you destroy God? It would take a lot to destroy God. But that is virtually what people are doing to themselves when they push God out of their lives.

In the Revelation, there is a thing called the lake of fire, at the end-time of this universe. My take on it is that it will include, among other things, the dissolution of the whole universe, including the souls of the people and angels that don't accept Him. It will last forever - eternity to God is simply like another tool for Him to use. God will get His energy back, that He used to make the universe, everything in it, including the people and angels.

Fill yourself on God's Word, the Bible.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1697
Merit: 1074
August 26, 2014, 08:21:51 PM
Very simple to proof anything here:

I can conclude that God, miracles, etc. exist.
There are, and what causes there is the faith of those who believe in them. It is a subjective concept, if you do not believe, so will not exist for you.

It is equal if we consider the bitcoin and any other asset, if not the faith, would be worthless or not exist.

Quotes an economics class:
There are three types of knowledge about the world:
Common sense;
science;
Philosophy.

These kinds of knowledge are considered because of criticism: they admit are flawed and can be changed at any time by anyone, from someone proves that his theory explains better.

Already religion, is not a kind of knowledge precisely because it is based on irrefutable truth of his book (whitepapper). Any knowledge - be it derived from common sense, science or philosophy - should accept criticism and change with time. The explanations of forms of knowledge are valid until better ones emerge. For common sense, science and philosophy, there are no absolute, incriticáveis ​​and immune to changing socio-historical conditions truths.
This does not mean that the mythic-religious explanations are useless or inferior. Many contemporary scientists have religious beliefs and bind in some way, the mystical worldviews. Every man, scientist or not, feel the deep need to relate to a deity, to a higher being.

So there is no way to relate science with religion. And not to proof. Smiley

EmbarrassedSorry the GoogleTranslator.
legendary
August 26, 2014, 05:37:00 PM
I really doubt there is any scientific proof to describe god existence.

Who need proofs about unicorn or flying spaghetti monster?

Calm down bro
Don't dare compare my existing god with the imaginary one from Christians' sick minds
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Crypto-ideologist
August 26, 2014, 05:26:37 PM

legendary
August 26, 2014, 04:21:17 PM
If I tell you that I had seen a God, a new one that is different from anything else? Would you believe me now? No.
This is actually a very interesting point. Anyone can create a god. Proof it doesn't exist? No, can't? Well it must exist then.

And this new god exists no more or no less than any other god. The only difference is the age and the number of followers.

This is what I'm trying to say.
How can you disapprove my God now? Have I not seen one because it's year 2014 and I'm on the internet?
Theoretically we would have a new God that is only a day old and has 1 follower for now. I could spread it, would it mean that it is more true if more people followed me?
In this scenario any random person could have a God and it might be the same God as everyone else's, but doesn't have to be.
Now let's fast forward 2000 years from now. LaudaM and this forum has long long been lost in time. People still follow this god, someone (author unknown) even wrote a book, unfortunately over the years bits have been removed, changed and added. Stick in a few miracles to jazz it up a bit.

Strangely more people would be more willing to believe this god than they do now. It's as if obscurity and time gives it more genuineness.

So is that a yes or a no?

If I tell you that I had seen a God, a new one that is different from anything else? Would you believe me now? No.
This is actually a very interesting point. Anyone can create a god. Proof it doesn't exist? No, can't? Well it must exist then.

And this new god exists no more or no less than any other god.

You answered yourself when answering LaudaM. If I answered you, you wouldn't believe me. And if I asked you, you wouldn't answer any better than you did LaudaM.

Smiley
Your talking in riddles now. Just a plain yes or no will suffice.
legendary
Terminated.
August 26, 2014, 04:10:01 PM

And this new god exists no more or no less than any other god. The only difference is the age and the number of followers.

This is what I'm trying to say.
How can you disapprove my God now? Have I not seen one because it's year 2014 and I'm on the internet?
Theoretically we would have a new God that is only a day old and has 1 follower for now. I could spread it, would it mean that it is more true if more people followed me?
In this scenario any random person could have a (or make up one) God and it might be the same God as everyone else's, but doesn't have to be.
legendary
August 26, 2014, 04:07:50 PM

And this new god exists no more or no less than any other god.

You answered yourself when answering LaudaM. If I answered you, you wouldn't believe me. And if I asked you, you wouldn't answer any better than you did LaudaM.

Smiley
legendary
August 26, 2014, 04:04:31 PM
A far greater mystery is, with all the tremendous evidence pointing at God, why are so many people so afraid of Him that they try to push Him out of their lives to the point of firmly objecting to even acknowledging that He might exist? And this is done by the same people - the scientists - who wholeheartedly claim to be looking for truth. Amazing!

More people have been killed in the name of religion than anything else in the history of the world.
More people have been tortured in the name of religion than anything else in the history of the world.
More people have been persecuted in the name of religion than anything else in the history of the world.

Are you genuinely sitting there scratching your head why people are afraid of religion and what to avoid it at all cost? Really?
I don't believe you. I'm calling your bluff.

Are you talking to me? I didn't say religion. I said God. I agree with you about religion. All the wars are fought because people believe whatever personal religion they believe, whether or not it contains God.

For example, in the 1900s more than 200 million citizens of governments were killed by their governments, all because the government leaders had some whacked religious ideals in their heads that suggested that killing off their own citizens was, somehow, going to improve their country.

In the United States, it wasn't big government that killed off its own citizens. In the States it was the common people, who, in the name of freedom, and a religion of material possessions, have killed off almost 55 million of their own fellow citizens by aborting them.

This ain't God. This is religion. God absolutely does NOT condone this... even though there are probably many people who talk themselves into thinking that He does.

Now, consider how difficult this must be for God: continue to love people; continue to offer them freedom, even though it is limited; yet, act justly towards all. He can do it because He is GOD ALMIGHTY. He will do it by destroying this universe in the judgment day. And if you are dead by then, He will raise you to life to call you to account for your ways while you lived here. Almost all of the aborted babies will find renewal and salvation with Him.

Smiley

Is it possible to believe in a god without being religious?

A person might devote himself to atheism religiously.  Smiley

legendary
August 26, 2014, 04:03:11 PM
Actually, when you delve deeply into the history of the Bible and its existence, and ancient Israel its people, you will find the most probable reality of any that has presented anywhere. God was understood by people from the beginning, from the time of the creation. It is only in this recent time that droves of people are trying to force themselves into believing God doesn't exist.

Smiley
Because people before were un-educated fools who believed in witches and all nonsense. Yes, I agree on this part.
With education there comes doubt, and the need for proof.
The people in the past would have.

No, it is because these days the pendulum of a broken universe is swinging ever more slowly towards bottom dead center. People are not as capable as they were, even a hundred years ago. Because of this, two things are happening. The population is growing because people do not have enough sense to abstain on their own until they are in a position where they can support the kids. And the other thing is that people don't have as much strength to resist the Devil's deception that there is no God.

Smiley
legendary
Terminated.
August 26, 2014, 03:57:51 PM
Actually, when you delve deeply into the history of the Bible and its existence, and ancient Israel its people, you will find the most probable reality of any that has presented anywhere. God was understood by people from the beginning, from the time of the creation. It is only in this recent time that droves of people are trying to force themselves into believing God doesn't exist.

Smiley
Because people before were un-educated fools who believed in witches and all nonsense. Yes, I agree on this part.
With education there comes doubt, and the need for proof.
The people in the past would have.
Jump to: