Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 192. (Read 1289636 times)

Activity: 503
Merit: 500
Hello there,

a while ago I've posted on reddit, but unfortunately no one did respond, so here's the link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Shadowcash/comments/2z4mls/shadowcash_tails_qubes_os_whonix/

Additionally any ideas if it could run on OpenBSD?

We really need some step-by-step guides on how to set this up on secure systems.

Love the Shadowtalk Forum, hate the JavaScript...

I've recently set up on a tightly locked down Linux machine, one of those old Dells you can pick up cheap. That's probably good enough; running a staking wallet on TAILS or something might be a little rough, especially if you are holding more than one coin. Crypto by its nature is secure so as long as you avoid malware on your machine and keep control of your keys there should be no problem.

My method for key control is dumping all the keys I have to an encrypted text file on a USB drive. I also have copies of the install files for the wallets on the drive, to save time in an emergency. There's a copy of the USB drive well hidden and another one in a bank vault. So if I come home at midnight and find my apartment stripped, I can drive out to Walmart and buy a cheap laptop, sit in a diner with wifi and my thumb drive and in an hour or two I will have wallets installed, the keys loaded, and all my coins moved someplace safe so if they ever do get into my machine all they will find are empty addresses.
Activity: 429
Merit: 250
Pythagoras and Plato are my brothers.
Hello there,

a while ago I've posted on reddit, but unfortunately no one did respond, so here's the link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Shadowcash/comments/2z4mls/shadowcash_tails_qubes_os_whonix/

We really need some step-by-step guides on how to set this up on secure systems.

Thanks for reposting. I must have missed it the first time.
I'll get some chatting going on there too now.
Thanks again.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Hello there,

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Moon
Well done - great looking roadmap.

What are the coin specs - total coin supply? POS rewards?

Good luck with the coin - just bought some Wink.
sweet welcome to Shadow!

welcome to the best anon coin around  Smiley

supply is 6 millions ish coins with a slow pos inflation (2%)

Available supply on exchanges may be reduced a lot when people will start convert more and more shadow tokens for full anonymity, might be boost a lot by the in-wallet decentralized market release Smiley

Have a good day.
hope you have a great day too! ShadowCash is the best Anon coin around
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012
welcome to the best anon coin around  Smiley

supply is 6 millions ish coins with a slow pos inflation (2%)

Available supply on exchanges may be reduced a lot when people will start convert more and more shadow tokens for full anonymity, might be boost a lot by the in-wallet decentralized market release Smiley

Have a good day.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
wow much coin such love
Well done - great looking roadmap.

What are the coin specs - total coin supply? POS rewards?

Good luck with the coin - just bought some Wink.
legendary
if vtc average tech can reach 130k with 15M supply surely sdc will go 200K pretty short term.

What happens next will depend on how awesome and used the in wallet market will be. I think of it like a holy grail which could makes all dark markets obselete, future will tell.

Anyway feel free to dump, pressure is on. 20 days left.

Moon
mun

man one could bump the price to 80k with 20 btc  Smiley
yea im surprised that nobody else dont be like ohhh nice coin bam drops 20 btc lol
legendary
mun

man one could bump the price to 80k with 20 btc  Smiley
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Zeuner. Isidoneyet?

If no are there any other cryptographers that'll take a look? This tech is off the hook but WE NEED a peer review ffs
I bet they are waiting for market release for that to boost it even further. Only 80k available on bittrex right now and it is spread out all the way up to 1btc.
Activity: 168
Zeuner. Isidoneyet?

If no are there any other cryptographers that'll take a look? This tech is off the hook but WE NEED a peer review ffs
Moon
Market has to be near completion. I don't foresee the time, energy, & money being spent on that marketing push unless there is a tangible goal pending near-term. SDC volume at the exchanges certainly hasn't justified it as of late. End of June marks end of Q2. T - 25 days.

There's nearly 60k subscribers at /r/DNM who more or less bitch constantly about the state of the markets. This tech is so badly needed in that community it's not even funny.

In terms of the investment, getting in this early could pay off (my optimism is showing).

Have a good weekend.

yes it is needed in the community but the thing is that nobody i think really cares about it on DNM because they dont really talk about it. this tech is awesome! we need to get this on DNM need people to open their eyes and just hear us a little you know? its time for #Privacy its time for change !
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Market has to be near completion. I don't foresee the time, energy, & money being spent on that marketing push unless there is a tangible goal pending near-term. SDC volume at the exchanges certainly hasn't justified it as of late. End of June marks end of Q2. T - 25 days.

There's nearly 60k subscribers at /r/DNM who more or less bitch constantly about the state of the markets. This tech is so badly needed in that community it's not even funny.

In terms of the investment, getting in this early could pay off (my optimism is showing).

Have a good weekend.

Activity: 725
Merit: 501
Boycott Qatar 2022
looks like sdc going under 30s soon... Shocked

Your not doing it right, maybe you should change your name to Mrdumperitis.  Tongue

Do people actually believe what anybody says on these forums anymore.  There is a lot of shady business and characters around here and I for one dont believe much of what anyone says.  I invest in Shadow because I think an anon coin will be the killer app.  People thought they could use bitcoin anonymously which I believe is what made bitcoin such a huge success and they could go onto silkroad and buy their drugs without having to go down dark alleys to find drug dealers.  The online darkmarkets are hurting and so is bitcoin and I don't see a coincidence there, if silkroad was still thriving how do you think bitcoin would be going now?  So to me the next big coin will be an anon coin and not some gimmick coin that can play tricks. 

And so that leads me to decide which is the best anon coin going around at the moment.  Dark/Dash are not even serious about being anon anymore and Monero are still trying to reinvent the wheel.  Shadow has the framework in place to crush all opposition and it will happen, its just a matter of time because it has the best solution by being a bitcoin fork with a opaque blockchain, simple and elegant. 

Of course you should disregard everything I've said because you shouldn't believe what anyone says on these forums and feel free to invest in coins with skulls on their logo.
Activity: 226
Some good news, i e-mailed gift off the other day (they used to be pock.io) basically you can use various coins  to buy gift cards off of them. I have used them many times for over a year now, and i have found their service to be first rate.

I just received an e-mail to they will add SDC. They are rolling out some new features soon, and SDC. will be added during that roll out.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1075
looks like sdc going under 30s soon... Shocked

I'm sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear enough, and that has led to a misunderstanding. It is not my website used to control and access your wallet. The wallet is completely on the StakeBox, and the webpage interface is served from an apache server on the device, only accessible on your local network. Once you have it, you have complete control over all aspects of it, I am not hosting the website used to interface with it, and, as I said, the website is just to make life easier for the end user, the wallet can also be used in the traditional fashion with the inclusion of a keyboard, mouse and monitor. I appreciate your feedback, if you have any other questions or concerns, please, let me know.

It would be AWESOME if you could do a "Raspberry Install Guide" on the Wiki for those of us wanting to stake on a Pi without purchasing a completed one already! http://shadowcash.info/ 

Ask and you shall receive, I am putting this here, feel free to copy it to somewhere else if you see fit.
Instructions for installing the SDC wallet on a Raspberry Pi:
1. Install the Raspbian image to a micro SD card, this write-up is based on the newest version currently available 2015-05-05-raspbian-wheezy.img
2. Upon first boot expand the file system and allow booting to desktop using raspiconfig, it comes up automatically on the first boot, while your at it you may also want to set your time zone.
3. After you are happy with your changes finish and reboot your Pi.
4. Open a terminal and sudo apt-get update && upgrade.
5. Download the latest SDC wallet ZIP from https://github.com/SDCDev/shadowcoin.
6. It will be in /home/pi/Downloads, extract it there and move it to your /home/pi directory.
7. In shadowcoin-master/doc/readme-qt.rst we can see the dependencies, so let's install them.
8. I think this is where most folks run into problems, if you just try to apt-get the list of dependencies you will be met with a lot of "unable to locate package" errors. This can be remedied by utilizing the Raspbian jessie repo, so, sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list change wheezy to jessie, ctrl+x to exit, y to save, enter to accept.
9. sudo apt-get update
10. sudo apt-get install qt5-default qttools5-dev-tools build-essential libboost-dev libboost-system-dev libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-program-options-dev libboost-thread-dev libssl-dev libdb++-dev libminiupnpc-dev libqt5webkit5-dev libqrencode-dev  **This step will install a lot of other dependencies and remove some applications that ship with Raspbian. If you plan to explicitly disable upnp libminiupnpc-dev is unnecessary, also, libqrencode-dev is only required if you intend to explicitly enable QR code support. libqt5webkit5-dev isn't in the list of dependencies, but is required.
11. Raspbian ships with openssl 1.0.1e, which is susceptible to heartbleed, so, sudo apt-get openssl will upgrade from 1.0.1e to 1.0.1k. This step isn't necessary, but c'mon.
12. sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list change jessie back to wheezy, ctrl+x to exit, y to save, enter to accept.
13. Finally, we can compile the wallet. cd shadowcoin-master
14. qmake This is where you can include flags regarding upnp and qrencode if you desire(see shadowcoin-master/doc/readme-qt.rst).
15. make -j3 The -j3 flag will compile using 3 of the Raspberry Pi's 4 cores speeding the process considerably, drop the -j3 flag if your not doing this on a RPi 2. This will take a long time, go get some sun, do something outside, you've been sitting in front of the computer for a while now.
16. We've come this far, go ahead and launch the wallet. If you are not going ahead and taking steps that aren't listed here you should still be in the shadowcoin-master directory so just ./shadow. You could alternatively close out the terminal and, using the file manager, navigate to the shadowcoin-master directory. There you should see the executable, double click it and select execute.
17. The option to launch the wallet on startup seems to be inconsistent, at best. If you want it to automatically start at boot copy the executable to /bin and sudo nano /etc/xdg/lxsession/LXDE-pi/autostart, add @shadow to the bottom of the list, ctrl+x to exit, y to save, enter to accept.

You will now have an SDC wallet on your Pi. I recently noticed one serious issue, I can't seem to pin down the cause, in the upper right hand corner where it should say "me" and list your address there will be nothing. Also it seems to constantly display a balance of zero. If you close the wallet, rename your wallet.dat file to something else, and restart the wallet it will create a new wallet.dat automatically. If you once again close the wallet, remove that wallet.dat, or rename it, and rename your original wallet file back to wallet.dat when you restart the wallet again, your addresses and balances will display correctly. While the wallet is in this screwy state everything seems to work fine, you can send and receive coins even though it reflects a balance of zero, and notifications of incoming and outgoing transactions are shown. Staking also seems to be unaffected. The reason I only recently noticed the strange behavior is when the wallet is on a completely setup StakeBox the webpage displays all of the information the qt wallet is missing. So there are still some bugs with the wallet on a Pi. If anyone has a fix for that, I'm all ears.

I'm sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear enough, and that has led to a misunderstanding. It is not my website used to control and access your wallet. The wallet is completely on the StakeBox, and the webpage interface is served from an apache server on the device, only accessible on your local network. Once you have it, you have complete control over all aspects of it, I am not hosting the website used to interface with it, and, as I said, the website is just to make life easier for the end user, the wallet can also be used in the traditional fashion with the inclusion of a keyboard, mouse and monitor. I appreciate your feedback, if you have any other questions or concerns, please, let me know.

It would be AWESOME if you could do a "Raspberry Install Guide" on the Wiki for those of us wanting to stake on a Pi without purchasing a completed one already! http://shadowcash.info/ 

It'll be done but I can't before one month so if anyone else can do it, I eventually can help

I'm surprised a RPi has enough RAM to handle multiple wallets. I'm configuring an old machine with 2G as a coin vault. It's going to be running a full Bitcoin node as well as staking wallets for Shadow and a couple of other coins. It doesn't have the RAM to load the BTC blockchain if anything else is running, I'm going to have to install more.

The available RAM is really the limiting factor as far as how many wallets can run at a time. Some wallets require more than others, here is a quick screenshot I took of one of the StakeBoxes I had right next to me. All 5 of the wallets are syncing right now, that is the most resource intensive period. You can see the processor is about maxed out. Usually, once all the wallets are finished syncing the CPU usage will float between 15%-25%, and the available memory will come up slightly.
Activity: 503
Merit: 500

It'll be done but I can't before one month so if anyone else can do it, I eventually can help

I'm surprised a RPi has enough RAM to handle multiple wallets. I'm configuring an old machine with 2G as a coin vault. It's going to be running a full Bitcoin node as well as staking wallets for Shadow and a couple of other coins. It doesn't have the RAM to load the BTC blockchain if anything else is running, I'm going to have to install more.
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
..|..

Jump to: