Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 193. (Read 1289636 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 253
Has the Shadow Marked already been released? if not, when is it planned to release it? Can not find any information into the opening post. Thanks!

better dev team updates the community about the progress of market release, there is less than a month to deadline

if there will be delay, better they say it in advance and revise the date before end of june (deadline)

my idea, even if it is ready, for sure they will not relase it, and they will delay it on purpose for cheap sdc
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
Hello, I just want to let everyone in here know about our product. It is a dedicated staking device. It uses less than 4 watts of electricity and gets your wallet off of your main computer reducing the risk of viruses or malware resulting in the loss of your coins. It can handle staking up to 5 different coins simultaneously, there are more than 20 coins available for it now, with more in the works. There is no additional hardware or software required, you simply access it via a webpage available from any device on your home network. You could also hook it up to your computer monitor or TV via a standard HDMI cable, add a keyboard and mouse, and interface with it directly. More information is available on our website stakebox.com. We are introducing it here at the SDC thread first, and for the first 2 weeks all units will be shipped with an SDC wallet as our way of showing support for this project. So, go ahead, show your long term support for your favorite coin by buying a device meant to stake your coins for the long haul.

Not a terrible idea, but there's a blatant security issue with getting the device with wallets preinstalled. We've already had a major theft here due to a bugged wallet.

Is this a RPi based device? I think people would be a lot more comfortable with your product if they could load and update their wallets directly and not have to rely on your web interface.

It is based on the Raspberry Pi 2. I understand the concern, If someone chose to download the wallet source files and do the necessary setup to the Pi then they could compile the wallets for themselves and and have more or less the same results, minus the web interface, for a lower cost. This is really intended for those without the knowledge or time to do those things. The web interface is intended to be a simple, quick, way to access and control your wallet. I realize there will be some initial trepidation related to this product, but hope to alleviate those fears over time by putting out a reliable, bug free product. Over the next few weeks we will be sending a few out to some of the more reputable folks in the community to review and share their feedback.

Hello, I like the solution, but I don't like how you manage it :

you use an open source solution and you offer to manage our wallet throught your website : it's a terrible idea. Like Automatic Monkey said we already had some hacking problem with wallet in the community, so it's not against you, but in crypto, NEVER trust a third part. The whole point in crypto it's to control what you own, and the solution you offer have a grey area wich is unacceptable.

BTW, to the whole community, we need to build our secure solution for stacking wallet, and I think Pi2 is a part of the solution. I can't do because I don't have the hardware but I was thinking to a script who auto-update the wallet on automatically when PGP sig will be added (dasource can you confirm?). It's not requiring high skill and can be full open source. Let me know on slack if you're interested

I'm sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear enough, and that has led to a misunderstanding. It is not my website used to control and access your wallet. The wallet is completely on the StakeBox, and the webpage interface is served from an apache server on the device, only accessible on your local network. Once you have it, you have complete control over all aspects of it, I am not hosting the website used to interface with it, and, as I said, the website is just to make life easier for the end user, the wallet can also be used in the traditional fashion with the inclusion of a keyboard, mouse and monitor. I appreciate your feedback, if you have any other questions or concerns, please, let me know.

I totally get it, and don't understand the confusion. It's just like when i mined BTC. using pi's and block erupters many moons ago...You just log into the p's interface over your local area network. It's as secure as your network is, and no less secure than staking on a pc, but with a huge saving in energy, and hardware wear and tear. Good on you mate, and good luck. I love those raspberry pi's and anyone that develops further uses for them.
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

I'm sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear enough, and that has led to a misunderstanding. It is not my website used to control and access your wallet. The wallet is completely on the StakeBox, and the webpage interface is served from an apache server on the device, only accessible on your local network. Once you have it, you have complete control over all aspects of it, I am not hosting the website used to interface with it, and, as I said, the website is just to make life easier for the end user, the wallet can also be used in the traditional fashion with the inclusion of a keyboard, mouse and monitor. I appreciate your feedback, if you have any other questions or concerns, please, let me know.

It would be AWESOME if you could do a "Raspberry Install Guide" on the Wiki for those of us wanting to stake on a Pi without purchasing a completed one already! http://shadowcash.info/ 
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
Hello, I just want to let everyone in here know about our product. It is a dedicated staking device. It uses less than 4 watts of electricity and gets your wallet off of your main computer reducing the risk of viruses or malware resulting in the loss of your coins. It can handle staking up to 5 different coins simultaneously, there are more than 20 coins available for it now, with more in the works. There is no additional hardware or software required, you simply access it via a webpage available from any device on your home network. You could also hook it up to your computer monitor or TV via a standard HDMI cable, add a keyboard and mouse, and interface with it directly. More information is available on our website stakebox.com. We are introducing it here at the SDC thread first, and for the first 2 weeks all units will be shipped with an SDC wallet as our way of showing support for this project. So, go ahead, show your long term support for your favorite coin by buying a device meant to stake your coins for the long haul.

Not a terrible idea, but there's a blatant security issue with getting the device with wallets preinstalled. We've already had a major theft here due to a bugged wallet.

Is this a RPi based device? I think people would be a lot more comfortable with your product if they could load and update their wallets directly and not have to rely on your web interface.

It is based on the Raspberry Pi 2. I understand the concern, If someone chose to download the wallet source files and do the necessary setup to the Pi then they could compile the wallets for themselves and and have more or less the same results, minus the web interface, for a lower cost. This is really intended for those without the knowledge or time to do those things. The web interface is intended to be a simple, quick, way to access and control your wallet. I realize there will be some initial trepidation related to this product, but hope to alleviate those fears over time by putting out a reliable, bug free product. Over the next few weeks we will be sending a few out to some of the more reputable folks in the community to review and share their feedback.

you use an open source solution and you offer to manage our wallet throught your website : it's a terrible idea. Like Automatic Monkey said we already had some hacking problem with wallet in the community, so it's not against you, but in crypto, NEVER trust a third part. The whole point in crypto it's to control what you own, and the solution you offer have a grey area wich is unacceptable.

BTW, to the whole community, we need to build our secure solution for stacking wallet, and I think Pi2 is a part of the solution. I can't do because I don't have the hardware but I was thinking to a script who auto-update the wallet on automatically when PGP sig will be added (dasource can you confirm?). It's not requiring high skill and can be full open source. Let me know on slack if you're interested

Activity: 81
Merit: 10
..|..
Small message to the community about donations for devs : http://www.shadowtalk.org/topic/419/donations-for-the-team
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
..|..

legendary

• Over 400 addys with 1,000 SDC or more
  • Over 2.5M ShadowTokens = 100% Anonymity
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
I do believe the total network weight is the number of coins staking. Seems to be matching for me with my personal coins too. It must just be that not alot of people are staking then. More SDC for you and me  Cheesy
Activity: 606
Merit: 500
Is it true ShadowCoin only gives 2% PoS annualy?

Because according to my calculations I should be earning less SDC then I am right now  Grin

I also noticed the network weight is pretty low: 584014.

This means only 584k coins is staking right? Am I on the correct chain? Up to block 481603 ATM.

shadowchain.info for everything regarding the chain. Usually if you have more than 1 connection to the shadowcash network, you're on the correct chain. You can also compare hashes of the latest block in your client to the shadowchain block.

2% annually spread across the entire network. I believe (please correct me if I'm wrong) that the change to PoSv2 gives a higher reward rate if everyone is not staking. Basically, the less coins that are staked across the network, the more rewards for the current stakers.

As far as network weight, coins go in and out of maturity, which may affect the weight AFAIK.
legendary

Because according to my calculations I should be earning less SDC then I am right now  Grin

This means only 584k coins is staking right? Am I on the correct chain? Up to block 481603 ATM.

Looks like you are on correct chain. 481610 ATM for me.

I'm not sure if the 584014 network weight directly ties to coin numbers. Correct me if I'm wrong, but my personal weight never matches the coins I'm staking or the coins in my wallet.

I do think a lot of the coins are on the exchanges and not staking so I've also noticed a better than 2% APR staking for the last couple months. My weight is currently 5% of total network weight but I don't have 5% of total coins. That makes me think I'm getting lucky at greater frequency than the 2% APR number is calculated on... simply because a lot of the wallets aren't staking.
Activity: 364

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.
Has the Shadow Marked already been released? if not, when is it planned to release it? Can not find any information into the opening post. Thanks!

Estimated release is in Q2 this year (~ next month).

Actually that's this month (June)
Activity: 390

Estimated release is in Q2 this year (~ next month).
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
Activity: 522
Merit: 266
Ohh SDC wants to go up...  One sec, let me add some sell walls

Why would you do that?

Probably Duffield panicking......
Activity: 532
Ohh SDC wants to go up...  One sec, let me add some sell walls

Why would you do that?

I'm not.  My coins are staking.  Someone else has though.  20btc just to get back over 62500.  I was just admiring their logic.  I do not understand the need to smother a small market with large sell walls.
Activity: 429
Pythagoras and Plato are my brothers.

Grin

Please do so I can buy them!

I love people like you who think you can control a market, Please put up the walls. Im hungry.
Activity: 725
Merit: 501
Boycott Qatar 2022

Why would you do that?
Activity: 532
Activity: 821
Merit: 1000
Bootstrap has been updated : https://github.com/dasourced/bootstrap-shadow
Further info on usage : http://shadowcash.info/x/MAAV