Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 208. (Read 1289636 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Are you sure you didn't get really high last night before bed, wake up in the middle of the night super paranoid of your new computer having NSA backdoors, create a new wallet on your old pc and send the SDC to it, enable it for staking, take another super fat dab and fall back asleep, waking up with no memory of the middle night paranoia fit?

i love people that try to down others that smoke weed. I can be blunted off an eighth to the dome and function perfectly fine. your lame joke would be somewhat humerous if i didnt just lose 55k sdc. its good though atleast dasource has verified the SDC didnt get sent from my wallets. Why would i make this all up?? For what??? a couple free extra SDC and a pitty party? fuck off yo i dont even want anyones sdc its good

Hahaha when i was a butcher i used to get smashed before work everyday never cut my arm off Cool i work better on it.

id smoke a j to the dome of the fire out here in cali before every football game, led the league in rushing yards and received offensive MVP in D1 Mt Hamilton division. So wheatclove, suck my dick.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.
Are you sure you didn't get really high last night before bed, wake up in the middle of the night super paranoid of your new computer having NSA backdoors, create a new wallet on your old pc and send the SDC to it, enable it for staking, take another super fat dab and fall back asleep, waking up with no memory of the middle night paranoia fit?

i love people that try to down others that smoke weed. I can be blunted off an eighth to the dome and function perfectly fine. your lame joke would be somewhat humerous if i didnt just lose 55k sdc. its good though atleast dasource has verified the SDC didnt get sent from my wallets. Why would i make this all up?? For what??? a couple free extra SDC and a pitty party? fuck off yo i dont even want anyones sdc its good

Hahaha when i was a butcher i used to get smashed before work everyday never cut my arm off Cool i work better on it.

Activity: 606
Merit: 500
Nope...no other Wallets. I have spotify, wickr, skype, WoW, CS GO, Steam and the ShadowCash qt.

Brand new computer, ASUS from costco.
Maybe we cant replace all of them but i am happy to donate you some when you sort a new wallet out and all that, sorry to hear for your loss but it's just a bump in the road, don't give up brother, send me a PM when you are ready.

i appreciate it brother. im gonna get off and wipe all my computers once again...4 years into crypto and bam. I feel like a fuckin newb. wtf man
legendary
Nope...no other Wallets. I have spotify, wickr, skype, WoW, CS GO, Steam and the ShadowCash qt.

Maybe we cant replace all of them but i am happy to donate you some when you sort a new wallet out and all that, sorry to hear for your loss but it's just a bump in the road, don't give up brother, send me a PM when you are ready.
Activity: 503
This to me is the major flaw in crypto. The decentralised idea is great until it goes wrong like this. At least if your bank account gets compromised, you have a certain level of protection.
Imagine seeing your lifes savings dissapear like that?

There are solutions like hardware wallets that are becoming better every day.  Once Shadow Project upgrades to be HD compatible then SDC can probably be used with hardware wallets like Trezor also.  Soon we will have hardware wallets that you can stake with.  You don't always have protections with bank accounts either.  In the US, the IRS and other agencies can seize your money with no crime required.  Banks can have bail-ins like in Cyprus where they steal your money too. Its a young industry and anything FIAT can do, crypto can also do.  Once the infrastructure is more established then it will be easy to hold crypto in a bank if you wish, and there is no reason why you can't have insurance on your deposits.  I prefer to hold it myself however, because of the benefits and lack of the need to trust others that it provides.

I hear what you are saying there, yes, hardware wallets etc. etc. we all know this, as it is an interest, and indeed a passion for most of us here. I am talking more regarding widespread adoption. Say for instance i had 50k sterling (i dont!) there is no way i would put it all into crypto- i simply do not trust it completely at the moment, i keep on hearing horror stories like this. And i am into crypto. I see a massive problem in attracting the masses, this fantastic community fighting for decentralised currency- and i talk about the whole crypto community here, are heading for perhaps a need for a certain amount of centralisation and protection. I do not agree with this, but it is a massive paradox.

I'm pretty careful. All of the bad stories I know of involve keeping coins someplace other than your wallet on your computer. If they're there they're as secure as your computer, and personal computer security is something that has a lot of powerful tools.

"wallet private key"

Hey I'm SUPERMAN, nobody would dare mess with me.

No other wallets on my old computer either which i had staking for months on end.

My old laptop is  a chromebook with ubuntu 14.04 and hardly any software at all. I just have the thing on to stake SDC. But as soon as i get a new computer and sync the new bootstrap/wallet, my coins go adios!

Weird.

I am not new to crypto at all. I know how to use pgp and encrypt all sensitive info.

And heres all the addresses ive ever used aside from my bittrex one which ill post.

and heres my bittrex address..

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

what are other wallets are installed on this comp?
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Moon
was your wallet encrypted/pass protected?

edit: it appears u did… had u typed it in at some point (i.e. keylogger got u?)

Its a brand new computer..... I have nothing installed on this thing........
hey go into slack?

what is the slack link?
https://shadowproject.slack.com come chat man
Undecided fuck..I don't know what to say.
we were just trying to see what was going on with his SDC
legendary
was your wallet encrypted/pass protected?

edit: it appears u did… had u typed it in at some point (i.e. keylogger got u?)

Its a brand new computer..... I have nothing installed on this thing........
hey go into slack?

what is the slack link?
https://shadowproject.slack.com come chat man
Undecided fuck..I don't know what to say.
This to me is the major flaw in crypto. The decentralised idea is great until it goes wrong like this. At least if your bank account gets compromised, you have a certain level of protection.

There are solutions like hardware wallets that are becoming better every day.  Once Shadow Project upgrades to be HD compatible then SDC can probably be used with hardware wallets like Trezor also.  Soon we will have hardware wallets that you can stake with.  You don't always have protections with bank accounts either.  In the US, the IRS and other agencies can seize your money with no crime required.  Banks can have bail-ins like in Cyprus where they steal your money too. Its a young industry and anything FIAT can do, crypto can also do.  Once the infrastructure is more established then it will be easy to hold crypto in a bank if you wish, and there is no reason why you can't have insurance on your deposits.  I prefer to hold it myself however, because of the benefits and lack of the need to trust others that it provides.

I hear what you are saying there, yes, hardware wallets etc. etc. we all know this, as it is an interest, and indeed a passion for most of us here. I am talking more regarding widespread adoption. Say for instance i had 50k sterling (i dont!) there is no way i would put it all into crypto- i simply do not trust it completely at the moment, i keep on hearing horror stories like this. And i am into crypto. I see a massive problem in attracting the masses, this fantastic community fighting for decentralised currency- and i talk about the whole crypto community here, are heading for perhaps a need for a certain amount of centralisation and protection. I do not agree with this, but it is a massive paradox.

I'm pretty careful. All of the bad stories I know of involve keeping coins someplace other than your wallet on your computer. If they're there they're as secure as your computer, and personal computer security is something that has a lot of powerful tools.

THE COINS WERE ON MY WALLET, COLD STORAGE. WITH A PASSWORD WITH MORE THAN 30+ CHARACTERS AND SYMBOLS.
Activity: 606

"wallet private key"
Personally, i would have kept that amount of coins in cold storage. But it seems that nothing is 100% safe. Bloody scum out there.

I had the coins in cold storage.....with a password 30+ characters long. This isnt the first time ive dealt with crypto

A blockchain.info wallet? That just doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

This totally sucks.

That's what i don't understand? How is a blockchain wallet secure? Surely that would be dependant on there security measures? And i am sure i have head of problems with these before? Or am i missing something here?

YOu cant hold SDC in a BLockchain wallet...My point is someone tried accessing my Blockchain the same time my 55k SDC went gone. From a brand new computer with no programs on it beside WoW, CS GO, Spotify, and the SDC Wallet qt. Makes no sense at all.

Activity: 226
Personally, i would have kept that amount of coins in cold storage. But it seems that nothing is 100% safe. Bloody scum out there.

I had the coins in cold storage.....with a password 30+ characters long. This isnt the first time ive dealt with crypto

This totally sucks.

That's what i don't understand? How is a blockchain wallet secure? Surely that would be dependant on there security measures? And i am sure i have head of problems with these before? Or am i missing something here?
Activity: 226

This totally sucks.
Activity: 624

You can get invitation from here: http://shadowproject.herokuapp.com/
Activity: 448

Jump to: