Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 274. (Read 1289636 times)

legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1006
word of advice: forward shadow.cash to aboutshadow.com or figure something out with shadow.cash

bump

thank you. Yes, we should do that

wow, that was fast.

Smiley

word of advice: forward shadow.cash to aboutshadow.com or figure something out with shadow.cash

bump

wow, that was fast.

Of course it was. SDC is going to be bigger than BTC.

No we won't, I would be already more than happy if we were 1/10 of BTC Smiley
Activity: 725
Merit: 501
Boycott Qatar 2022

bump

wow, that was fast.

Of course it was. SDC is going to be bigger than BTC.

I agree, it was Silkroad that kicked off bitcoin and Haven "marketplace" will kick off Shadow. 
Activity: 326
Merit: 100

bump

wow, that was fast.
legendary

bump

done Smiley

What is the floor price after launch?

what do you mean ?

Hey all
We've been quite busy over the past 2 weeks, working on the PoSv2 merge + SHA-256 enhancements.
The PoS v2 merge is going well, and we should soon be upstream from BlackCoin once again.
Once we're ready, we will start getting everyone ready for the hard fork to PoS v2.

We're having a few issues with the Android wallet, but I'm trying my best to get those sorted.
Hopefully if all goes well, next week we will be able to announce a release date for the latest changes and android wallet.
The new android wallet will have the HTML5 interface, as well as the ability to switch between a full node and a lite node.

From here onwards we'll be doing major enhancements to the secure/encrypted messaging, which is required for the marketplace.

We thank you again for our amazing community, and all the effort that is going into this project from all around the world

Which means a date for the fork should be announced next week, soon Shadow wallet should work more better  Smiley
Activity: 126
©
What is the floor price after launch?
legendary

bump

Activity: 326

bump
Activity: 760
Merit: 500
CryptoZilla
Hey all
We've been quite busy over the past 2 weeks, working on the PoSv2 merge + SHA-256 enhancements.
The PoS v2 merge is going well, and we should soon be upstream from BlackCoin once again.
Once we're ready, we will start getting everyone ready for the hard fork to PoS v2.

We're having a few issues with the Android wallet, but I'm trying my best to get those sorted.
Hopefully if all goes well, next week we will be able to announce a release date for the latest changes and android wallet.
The new android wallet will have the HTML5 interface, as well as the ability to switch between a full node and a lite node.

From here onwards we'll be doing major enhancements to the secure/encrypted messaging, which is required for the marketplace.

We thank you again for our amazing community, and all the effort that is going into this project from all around the world.

+1111

Word up!
Keep up the good job the foundation to grow to higher
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Hey all

We thank you again for our amazing community, and all the effort that is going into this project from all around the world.

My gf is mad for these schleich animal figurines. Been waiting since December for my local department store to get one of these. A schleich rhino. This morning I saw they had one. Now I do too…

My very own schleichorynoverterous!

Good times!

Thanks for the update!

Activity: 277
Merit: 250
Hey all

Thank you for all of your efforts ryno + all other devs!

Thanks for the update! Really cant wait for the market. It will be the biggest innovation in human mankind
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Hey all

Thank you for all of your efforts ryno + all other devs!
legendary
Hey all

We thank you again for our amazing community, and all the effort that is going into this project from all around the world

Which means a date for the fork should be announced next week, soon Shadow wallet should work more better  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Decentralize Everything
whats up with craptsy deposits?  going on 14 hours waiting for my SDC to post.  Small test transaction worked.  Followed that with almost 2800 coins and they never posted.  The coins are there.  I see them on the blockchain.  craptsy wallet now says, "Our wallet is currently offline due to issues with the coin's blockchain."
I think child tweeted to them earlier to offer them help.

It's a head-scratcher.

Poloniex and Bittrex have both kept wallets online 99+% of the time
Cryptsy on the other hand (and Im guessing) is more like 75%

Shadower Pline was the unofficial "point man" for comms with Mullick (BCT member and Cryptsy admin). Perhaps he still is. Irregardless I suggest a Shadower State-side try and connect with him.

Richie (Bittrex) benefited from the rewindchain command which this community appraised him of. (he tweeted about it with great enthusiasm too btw)
As erok states above I tweeted Big Vern (@Cryptsy) once again to try and address this frustrating situation.

n.b the problem is with Cryptsy, not Shadow

Hey CH, I contacted mullick back several weeks ago about why their wallet was still in maintenance.  I never received a reply until today.  He says that the locking issue is still happening, and he has taken the wallet offline until it is fixed. So I guess he is expecting Shadow devs to provide a fix now. A while ago on slack, dasource mentioned he was testing a fix for the linux daemon hanging issues that would resolve this.  Not sure if that ever succeeded.

It is indeed a head scratcher as to why Bittrex and Poloniex wallets seem to work 99% of the time and if there is an issue it is fixed quickly.  Cryptsy wallet is much less reliable, and Cryptsy and mullick have been notoriously slow at responding, locking up people's funds for weeks or months, and ignoring/not answering inquiries.  I have had my tickets ignored there in the past, and was banned from their chat box for complaining about lost funds that were not credited for over a week. Admins and others at Cryptsy were also falsely telling people that ShadowCash was broken and needs a dev to fix it, which is really misleading considering the wallet is working fine on other exchanges.  This turned off a lot of investors in the early days, and possibly was a big reason the price was so low, for so long.  If anybody wants to contact mullick, he is the guy that is in charge of fixing cryptsy wallets, and you can PM him here on bitcointalk: https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/mullick-99433

It would be nice to have the market at cryptsy working properly, but until that happens I think it is wise to avoid there and support Poloniex and Bittrex who have treated us much better.

Im not quite sure how the other exchanges have been dealing with the locking of the wallet. I currently run it in a for loop restarting the daemon every 15 minutes

But even then after a day or 2 it locks up within the 15 minutes. Is there any trick to stopping it? When it locks up it just stops responding to rpc calls. It doesnt reject them it just leaves them open with no response until the daemon is killed and restarted

For the record, our wallet still locks up or flat out crashes every couple of days... we just have alarming and other mechanisms in place to page us so we can fix it.  It would be nice to get that bug worked out no matter how great rewindchain is Wink

thanks,
richie@bittrex

I've just alerted the devs to your post on Slack. 

Dan
Activity: 527
Merit: 500

We build a TechRynoVert!   Full-time!!   Unstoppable!!!

Hey all

Activity: 937
Merit: 1000
whats up with craptsy deposits?  going on 14 hours waiting for my SDC to post.  Small test transaction worked.  Followed that with almost 2800 coins and they never posted.  The coins are there.  I see them on the blockchain.  craptsy wallet now says, "Our wallet is currently offline due to issues with the coin's blockchain."

It's a head-scratcher.

Shadower Pline was the unofficial "point man" for comms with Mullick (BCT member and Cryptsy admin). Perhaps he still is. Irregardless I suggest a Shadower State-side try and connect with him.

Richie (Bittrex) benefited from the rewindchain command which this community appraised him of. (he tweeted about it with great enthusiasm too btw)
As erok states above I tweeted Big Vern (@Cryptsy) once again to try and address this frustrating situation.

Hey CH, I contacted mullick back several weeks ago about why their wallet was still in maintenance.  I never received a reply until today.  He says that the locking issue is still happening, and he has taken the wallet offline until it is fixed. So I guess he is expecting Shadow devs to provide a fix now. A while ago on slack, dasource mentioned he was testing a fix for the linux daemon hanging issues that would resolve this.  Not sure if that ever succeeded.

It is indeed a head scratcher as to why Bittrex and Poloniex wallets seem to work 99% of the time and if there is an issue it is fixed quickly.  Cryptsy wallet is much less reliable, and Cryptsy and mullick have been notoriously slow at responding, locking up people's funds for weeks or months, and ignoring/not answering inquiries.  I have had my tickets ignored there in the past, and was banned from their chat box for complaining about lost funds that were not credited for over a week. Admins and others at Cryptsy were also falsely telling people that ShadowCash was broken and needs a dev to fix it, which is really misleading considering the wallet is working fine on other exchanges.  This turned off a lot of investors in the early days, and possibly was a big reason the price was so low, for so long.  If anybody wants to contact mullick, he is the guy that is in charge of fixing cryptsy wallets, and you can PM him here on bitcointalk: https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/mullick-99433

It would be nice to have the market at cryptsy working properly, but until that happens I think it is wise to avoid there and support Poloniex and Bittrex who have treated us much better.

Im not quite sure how the other exchanges have been dealing with the locking of the wallet. I currently run it in a for loop restarting the daemon every 15 minutes

But even then after a day or 2 it locks up within the 15 minutes. Is there any trick to stopping it? When it locks up it just stops responding to rpc calls. It doesnt reject them it just leaves them open with no response until the daemon is killed and restarted

For the record, our wallet still locks up or flat out crashes every couple of days... we just have alarming and other mechanisms in place to page us so we can fix it.  It would be nice to get that bug worked out no matter how great rewindchain is Wink

thanks,
richie@bittrex
legendary
Activity: 1694
Decentralize Everything
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1075
URGE  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 164
Hey all

legendary
Activity: 1064

It's a head-scratcher.

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Today marks the start of a multi-channel marketing approach set up to create more awareness for The Shadow Project.
With this we hope to attract and inform even more people about Shadow, and to expand and strengthen the community and project further still.

This will be greater in scope than previous efforts to publicize the project and in particular we're hoping to start reaching those in the more general public who might also be interested in what we're doing. The campaign is set up and managed by community members, with the input of Shadow developers. So with that in mind we're pleased to announce that today officially marks the start of a publicity campaign we have all been working very hard on!

Jump to: