Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 315. (Read 1289636 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
On Pedophiles and Terrorists

How many of our personal freedoms and liberties have we already lost to this tiny tiny group of fucked up individuals? How many lazy politicians have pushed their fascist agenda holding onto these mantras to terrify us?

Whilst I do not condone such freaks it may be a Fool's errand to try and prevent such activities. Even with a ranking/banning/filtering system such illicit activities would be near impossible to prevent on a decentralized and anonymized network.

Shadow is not about censorship and if Shadow were to begin acting as a censor than I might have to re-consider my position here. Perhaps a solution can be found to this problem without affecting the platform's decentralization, but I doubt it.

The simple fact is pedophiles and terrorists can communicate securely using ShadowChat and send themselves anonymized transactions using ShadowSend right NOW. Would we ask Ryno to backdoor ShadowChat? No. Never.

I sense this could become a heated debate so I leave you for now with words from the great Benjamin Franklin.

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Join our Reddit!

http://www.reddit.com/r/shadowcash

Already over 250 subs! Keep it up everyone Cheesy!

Join our Forums!

http://www.shadowtalk.org

Want a FUD-Free discussion zone for Shadow? Simply join ShadowTalk!

Join our Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/shadowcrypto

Yes, we are on Facebook too!

Check out our IRC!

#ShadowCash on FreeNode!

Come chat with us!

If you are interested in the Shadow Project, you can now join our Slack Group.

Especially if you have ideas for the project and if you would like to help (communication / dev / ...)

For that, send ffmad your email by PM here or on ShadowTalk

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Child At Heart
there should be at least something to keep those sick pedophiles from selling in the market like a report button or some shit
You cannot moderate a truly decentralized solution. I do hate the idea of CP being on it though... This is a healthy concern to have.

You can influence the user though. Say X amount of negativity = user ban.

Or simply have a restriction in the coding process of the marketplace which initiates a block when a user tries to sell an "unwanted" item. There can be a built in list of "unwanted" items.

Another option is having an account setting.

Change settings to only view "Safe" "Moderate" "Explicit" content.

Both based on the user's selling level and on the item which is listed into a specific category.

Account settings would be a good idea. You would think people selling those things would only display them to people who have an interest in seeing it, but you never know.

Unfortunately any kind of blocking or filtering on the seller end will lead to liability for whoever designed the filter. "Why is CP defined as unwanted but not dumps or drugs? Can we take that to mean you intended to facilitate the sale of dumps and drugs?"

Then you have the problem of determining what is CP and what isn't. Even LE can't always tell for sure.
there are plenty of sick fucks out who would display it
my daughter almost got kidnapped at elementary i thank god that she knew to punch a man in the balls to escape she goes to private school now idgaf how much it costs at least i know shes safe
as for the guy hes lucky i didnt get my hands on him hes looking at 20 years with a 15k fine thats not good and  thats still not good enough
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
^^ Good point Automatic Monkey, I would suggest a checklist system with various categories as a way around that problem.  The user would go through and decide what they do and don't want to see the first time they open the marketplace.  That should hopefully take some of the heat off of the devs.
Activity: 503
Merit: 500
there should be at least something to keep those sick pedophiles from selling in the market like a report button or some shit
You cannot moderate a truly decentralized solution. I do hate the idea of CP being on it though... This is a healthy concern to have.

Or simply have a restriction in the coding process of the marketplace which initiates a block when a user tries to sell an "unwanted" item. There can be a built in list of "unwanted" items.

Both based on the user's selling level and on the item which is listed into a specific category.

Account settings would be a good idea. You would think people selling those things would only display them to people who have an interest in seeing it, but you never know.

Unfortunately any kind of blocking or filtering on the seller end will lead to liability for whoever designed the filter. "Why is CP defined as unwanted but not dumps or drugs? Can we take that to mean you intended to facilitate the sale of dumps and drugs?"

Then you have the problem of determining what is CP and what isn't. Even LE can't always tell for sure.
Child At Heart

"Change settings to only view "Safe" "Moderate" "Explicit" content."
they would still be able to sell in the market what you said is basically dust it under the rug and forget about it which i cant no one with a conscious should
Child At Heart
why not have a AI moderate it i fking hate the fact that they could make money off this i have no problem if its marijuana since its medicine
but but fk man just the thought of them exploiting the market for CP is... there is no word to describe it
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Activity: 224

Yes I was very concerned about this too. So seriously there is no way to address this? Can't there be a decentralized voting system? ...if most people are decent I don't think CP would work. It would get voted out.
Activity: 896
Child At Heart
Activity: 896

The best thing to do is hold Smiley

HODL!
Truth. SUpply and demand will get this coin to where it should be soon. It is just a matter of time and pr.
legendary
Activity: 968
einc.io

The best thing to do is hold Smiley

HODL!
Activity: 588
This seems to be still quite illiquid coin  Wink

Once SDMarket gets released and works as planned that should be solved!
legendary
Activity: 968
einc.io
I'd happily buy more up in the 20k range

congrats on your promotion Hero Member  Cool

Thanks! but I think i've been a Hero since 480. Next up is Legendary around 775 or something.
Cheers!

I wanna be a hero too! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1281
☑ ♟ ☐ ♚
This seems to be still quite illiquid coin  Wink

Thanks! but I think i've been a Hero since 480. Next up is Legendary around 775 or something.
Cheers!
* P3RS3US cleans his glasses

I'll try again when u become Legend.
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

Cheers!

legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050
Jump to: