Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 338. (Read 1289636 times)

Activity: 277
Merit: 250
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
★ IT's Party Time! ★
wow the shadow market looks really awesome:

http://shadowtalk.org/topic/361/shadowmarket-progress-report/4

The top-notch very professional work
wow the shadow market looks really awesome:

http://shadowtalk.org/topic/361/shadowmarket-progress-report/4
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Everyone take a look at the gliph app on the android store. We should make shadow go similar in terms of having different channels so people can chat and meet up as a community would be really neat feature to implement in shadowchat and shadowgo
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
He sold it last week under 20k....

Awesome
Activity: 224
how will the marketplace offers be stored, what about the images/media and other info, how are they stored? I'm assuming your hosting each marketplace via the simple http server you have in your code? How is it decentralized hosting, that i thought was claimed somewhere about this coin?

As I understand the Shadow communication system, all the content for the platform exists in each wallet. That's the way the Shadowchat works- everybody on the network gets the message, only the intended recipient can read it or is alerted to it.

This may eventually create a bit of of bloat and I can foresee the wallet and its content getting very large after a while, but there is no free lunch.

^ this .. However the beauty of it running on the ShadowChat P2P network is that we have full control over data pruning ... So no bloat!
How is the data persisted? Like if there is an offer in the marketplace it essentially is only in your wallet and the html interface just shows it? Would another node be able to sell your offer in his marketplace?

Good you guys brought this up again as I was wondering this myself still..

On the subject of blockchain bloat, I saw this interesting post on reddit earlier: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/301r4e/crypto_primitive_shorter_than_current_monero_ring/

Adam Back I guess has suggested a way to decrease the size of ring sigs by about 1/2 of what they are today. May be interesting to some.

I think there are other anon solutions with bigger problems regarding the blockchain bloat then shadowCash ... I'm definitly waiting to see some more info and comparing into this... Ring sizes are already smaller I think, only I see could be way to many rounds are possible...
I'm not a professional at all but the more I read , the more I believe the tech behind sdc is pretty good.

I was into this project because of this, I was exploring the new tech , the nice wallet, delivery was on shedule etc and it looked all pretty cool.

I sold all my remaining stash last week.
I'm out

Cheapp coins for us! I got another 20 btc on its way in
Activity: 476
how will the marketplace offers be stored, what about the images/media and other info, how are they stored? I'm assuming your hosting each marketplace via the simple http server you have in your code? How is it decentralized hosting, that i thought was claimed somewhere about this coin?

As I understand the Shadow communication system, all the content for the platform exists in each wallet. That's the way the Shadowchat works- everybody on the network gets the message, only the intended recipient can read it or is alerted to it.

This may eventually create a bit of of bloat and I can foresee the wallet and its content getting very large after a while, but there is no free lunch.

^ this .. However the beauty of it running on the ShadowChat P2P network is that we have full control over data pruning ... So no bloat!
How is the data persisted? Like if there is an offer in the marketplace it essentially is only in your wallet and the html interface just shows it? Would another node be able to sell your offer in his marketplace?

On the subject of blockchain bloat, I saw this interesting post on reddit earlier: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/301r4e/crypto_primitive_shorter_than_current_monero_ring/

Adam Back I guess has suggested a way to decrease the size of ring sigs by about 1/2 of what they are today. May be interesting to some.

I think there are other anon solutions with bigger problems regarding the blockchain bloat then shadowCash ... I'm definitly waiting to see some more info and comparing into this... I'm not a professional at all but the more I read , the more I believe the tech behind sdc is pretty good.

I was into this project because of this, I was exploring the new tech , the nice wallet, delivery was on shedule etc and it looked all pretty cool.

I'm out

? why'd you sell out if the tech is good?
Activity: 96
Merit: 10

I think there are other anon solutions with bigger problems regarding the blockchain bloat then shadowCash ... I'm definitly waiting to see some more info and comparing into this... Ring sizes are already smaller I think, only I see could be way to many rounds are possible...
I'm not a professional at all but the more I read , the more I believe the tech behind sdc is pretty good.

I'm out
legendary
Don't overcook that popcorn! Smiley
Activity: 168

* P3RS3US runs off to make popcorn
hi , can anyone help me out.
im trying to run shadow client from my iMAC but somehow i can't find the map Shadowcoin in Application Data folder. I also did the command to show hidden files but its still not there.

I also have loaded the shadow client to create the map upon searching for it.

thanks
Anyone?

Yup

the geniuses at Apple decided 3 years ago to hide the user's Library folder.

OS X has 3 Library folders.

To access your personal Library folder in Finder

p.s. OS X users are not usually familiar with unix speak, paths or directories (translation = folders) or even ~
Activity: 476
im trying to run shadow client from my iMAC but somehow i can't find the map Shadowcoin in Application Data folder. I also did the command to show hidden files but its still not there.

thanks
Anyone?

"Its in /Users/username/Library/Application Support/ and he might be looking for it from /Library/Application Support/ "
Activity: 286

thanks
Anyone?

/Users//Library/Application Support/ShadowCoin/

thanks
Anyone?
Lots of action on Trex
Lots of interest in Shadow
Lots of new investors
And a rapidly growing community

Now 326 addys with 1k+ Shadow
http://www.shadowchain.info/richlist/

A few hours later…

Rise of a Netowrk

C'mon… Fuck yeah!

Activity: 503
Merit: 500
New All Time High hit on Poloniex!  Shocked

44,999 shadowshis satoshis

Da fuq? Thats awesome, but i really wonder WHO bought all these coins suddenly...  Looks a bit like a big noobs move, so I'd say there is a whale around playing and trying to get us crazy.

I don't think any news are coming for now, and SDCdev is not around at the moment either from what I know...
I am thinking this is the accumulation phase for the people in the know about the audit. I have seen about +10btc organic go through this in the past 12 hours. The only issue is that Bittrex and Poloniex are the only trading platforms. Arbitrage could be possible between the two currently though.

We've just had a significant media event, that's probably the reason.

But that wasn't a big media event. Can you imagine if someone like Stossel on Fox did a segment on libertarian dark markets using Shadow, with his audience? Holy crap!
Activity: 406

Da fuq? Thats awesome, but i really wonder WHO bought all these coins suddenly...  Looks a bit like a big noobs move, so I'd say there is a whale around playing and trying to get us crazy.

I don't think any news are coming for now, and SDCdev is not around at the moment either from what I know...
I am thinking this is the accumulation phase for the people in the know about the audit. I have seen about +10btc organic go through this in the past 12 hours. The only issue is that Bittrex and Poloniex are the only trading platforms. Arbitrage could be possible between the two currently though.

What audit? (Been on the moon lately...)
Activity: 896

legendary

When he does come he will drop a big bomb so better get all your sdcs before the price flash jumps 2-3x Cheesy
Activity: 406

Jump to: