Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 334. (Read 1289636 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
is this project still being actively developed?

Yes! Definitly, people are still working on it, but this is an open source project, everybody is free to join. The market is on track, but this should take perhaps weeks, not to say another month or more.  Smiley

Certainly a Team member would be better qualified to answer and im sure they will.
What I've gathered is this.

I think there are around 10 Team members (many of whom are devs). 3-4 are working on the core and the others on UI, design, sites, exporers and whatever else (Im not a dev so dont really know). Unlike all the other members of the Team there is one who never appears in IRC or BCT, Technovert - the crytorgapher who worked with Ryno (lead dev) to architect/code ShadowSend.

Techno and Ryno are both South African and other team members hail from S.A, France and Finland and perhaps other countries too. I am not sure whether the Team has a single U.S dev. Personally I am gratified that Ryno and Techno are not living in the jurisdiction of the NSA.

I cannot speak to the Team's credentials but the work peaks volumes.

I sense a range of ages, some team members perhaps considerably older than others.
Ryno has referred to work in the financial world iirc, altho no details were of course mentioned.
He once mentioned in IRC of meeting up with old buddies to discuss the future of money and my overall feeling is that he's been coding for quite a time.

Off the top of my head Team members include (in no particular order):
Rynomster, Technovert, dasource, St3baS, ludx, ffmad, SebSebastian, crz, TrollsRoyce, Soepkip
(poosibly battbot and 00Smurf too - note sure)

Is it being actively developed? Yes

we just need to break the '40 000 sats mental limit', if it's done, we will go way higher (40k has never been broken)

Seriously? Is that globally for cryptocoins? That's interesting.

Each coin has a limit, but 40k is the shadow's one ^^

We've tested some times this without ever breaking it

Does the market have a release date yet?

Nope. I think we will have a better idea of the timeline for the first version in early April
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
★ IT's Party Time! ★
Activity: 378
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
jurisdiction of the NSA

Cheesy thats a good one. a regular knee slapper.
is this project still being actively developed? how many devs are there? how may hours a day about do they spend working on it? what are their credentials?

Devs are highly qualified. Always delivered, and don't like much PR, they don't hype.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Shadow Motherboard Article:  

Big thanks to Joseph Cox and vice.com for their interest and the coverage.  Smiley

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
★ IT's Party Time! ★
is this project still being actively developed? how many devs are there? how may hours a day about do they spend working on it? what are their credentials?

You should think by your brains and don't look at fud-shills. This project is in active developing stage. Full team is about 10 persons and lead devs are full-time dedicated in this project. You should try to research all info at this places:
http://shadowcash.info/
http://shadowcash.io - IRC logs with lead devs
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/dashxdnxmrsdc-comparison-between-the-most-known-anonymous-coins-must-read-985039 - Comparison leading Anon currencies
Activity: 168

Yes! Definitly, people are still working on it, but this is an open source project, everybody is free to join. The market is on track, but this should take perhaps weeks, not to say another month or more.  Smiley

Certainly a Team member would be better qualified to answer and im sure they will.
What I've gathered is this.

I think there are around 10 Team members (many of whom are devs). 3-4 are working on the core and the others on UI, design, sites, exporers and whatever else (Im not a dev so dont really know). Unlike all the other members of the Team there is one who never appears in IRC or BCT, Technovert - the crytorgapher who worked with Ryno (lead dev) to architect/code ShadowSend.

Techno and Ryno are both South African and other team members hail from S.A, France and Finland and perhaps other countries too. I am not sure whether the Team has a single U.S dev. Personally I am gratified that Ryno and Techno are not living in the jurisdiction of the NSA.

I cannot speak to the Team's credentials but the work speaks volumes.

I sense a range of ages, some team members perhaps considerably older than others.
Ryno has referred to work in the financial world iirc, altho no details were of course mentioned.
He once mentioned in IRC of meeting up with old buddies to discuss the future of money and my overall feeling is that he's been coding for quite a time.

Off the top of my head Team members include (in no particular order):
Rynomster, Technovert, dasource, St3baS, ludx, ffmad, SebSebastian, crz, TrollsRoyce, Soepkip
(poosibly battbot and 00Smurf too - note sure)

Is it being actively developed? Yes

Hey man good to see you here. This is still being actively developed yes. As for how many devs there are I'd hop onto IRC the main cats are in there.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

There was just an update to the wallet a day or two ago.  Don't listen to fud.
http://shadowtalk.org/topic/359/wallet-update-1-3-1-0

Yes! Definitly, people are still working on it, but this is an open source project, everybody is free to join.

The market is on track, but this should take perhaps weeks, not to say another month or more.  Smiley
Activity: 168
My shadow osx wallet crash and crash and crash.  Sad
im trying to sync it, takes a long time.

make sure you're running latest version, 1.3.1.0
use bootstrap, see: http://shadowcash.info/x/MAAV

What version of OSX? I have noticed greater stability issues with some versions of OSX over others.
Please come in IRC (devs might find crash logs useful)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
My shadow osx wallet crash and crash and crash.  Sad
im trying to sync it, takes a long time.
For my ShadowBrothers to watch: ( watch from start to end)

http://youtu.be/_KTrs73j0Xc
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
I must say I fell asleep at the wheel. My good bud trollsroyce kept trying to clue me in, but I didn't listen. At any rate, sdc is pretty incredible. Love what I am seeing thus far. Need to dig deeper, but Love,Love Love, the decentralized exchange and the overall work put in. I feel like this coin has so much to offer. Excellent work ! Needless to say, Im in

Welcome back DP!! We missed you brother Smiley

Activity: 26
Merit: 0
I'm scaling in here.

Monero + Shadow for me now.

Dash will die.

Cheerio.
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050
Yeah, I hope you are both right, but so far, after observing the market, i've noticed many buy walls appearing, disappearing, mostly to push the market up. If you wanna buy stuff, you usually don't put a buy wall of 15btc, 2k over the last buy offer..

Anyway, my doubts are not really about the price, but mostly about the fact i've never seen in crypto a market move up like this, after no news, or no release...  Grin It looks like people just discovered shadow!

I agree. It's obvious the 2 or 3 articles that hit earlier in the week at the same time spurred some new blood. Imagine a Major Announcement.  Smiley
Jump to: