Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 340. (Read 1289636 times)

legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
Been doing some reading...So nodes have to be online for things to be listed? One cannot expect to leave their node offline? If it stays offline for 48 hours those messages get deleted that you received and you lose your offers? Does it differ mich from openbazaars p2p market other than being annonymous?
Marketplace wiil use the same protocol as shadow chat who don't losose your message if you stay offline more than 48h. I'm not a tech guy  and far to be an expert but I read shadow chat is share with all node (all node have all messages) but only people concerned by the message can read it.
not according to whitepaper

"http://www.shadow.cash/downloads/shadowcoin-p2p-em.pdf

deleted after 48hrs and u lose msg if u dont cone online

Sounds like a valuable feature. If they seize/steal your computer they get 48 hours to crack the passwords.

What would be nice is to have some non-evaporating messages too for straight retail use.

LOL no I don't think so.. I think it is not useful for a marketplace feature. Because it is p2p i think that is why there is a time limit... otherwise you would be storing on the blockchain.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Shadow Brothers I mentioned earlier I own a dispensary in Seattle Washington we are adopting CannabisCoin as well...just a heads up to my fellow Shadows Wink. It has the most real world use cases for my dispensery. Please do not invest in Pot coin or any other junk like that, as a dispensary owner I can confirm it has no real world use case.

Enjoy the tip my fellow brothers and feel free to follow my dispensery

Instagram: @5starorganic
http://www.leafly.com/dispensary-info/5-star-organic
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
ShadowToken Supply
1,801,921.61530094* SDT

Lets hit 2 million!! Everyone convert!

Ill try to convert more! Smiley

I love this part "There are also plans for a Shadow Development Kit to be released, meaning that anyone could make applications to sit on top of the Shadow network."
Activity: 503
Merit: 500
Been doing some reading...So nodes have to be online for things to be listed? One cannot expect to leave their node offline? If it stays offline for 48 hours those messages get deleted that you received and you lose your offers? Does it differ mich from openbazaars p2p market other than being annonymous?
Marketplace wiil use the same protocol as shadow chat who don't losose your message if you stay offline more than 48h. I'm not a tech guy  and far to be an expert but I read shadow chat is share with all node (all node have all messages) but only people concerned by the message can read it.

Sounds like a valuable feature. If they seize/steal your computer they get 48 hours to crack the passwords.

What would be nice is to have some non-evaporating messages too for straight retail use.
Activity: 896
dump incoming
Says Navajo Coin. lol son. just... lol. Your coin is down 20% and you are calling our dumps? Check yourself before you wreck yourself.

legendary
dump incoming

It's healthy. We want awesome distribution Smiley

Also do not let the whales get a hold of your stacks so holding is the way to go Smiley

wishing for the day sdc comes back to 16k so i can re enter haha. sdc is the way to go for long term investment.
dedicated devs and community.  hope this continue for years.

legit projects like this is what crypto world needs. so much pump and dump coins right now.

Shadow is aiming towards stability. A real brand used for long term purposes. An actual use and not just speculation. Speculation is currently driving the price, but in the long term you will see that what SDC delivers is a product very useful for people.

Creating a necessity is the best way to ensure your product will be used. SDC is in demand right now. We are still in the smart investor phase, once we get adoption you will see how wonderful this product really is regardless of its price.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
dump incoming

Also do not let the whales get a hold of your stacks so holding is the way to go Smiley

wishing for the day sdc comes back to 16k so i can re enter haha. sdc is the way to go for long term investment.
dedicated devs and community.  hope this continue for years.

legit projects like this is what crypto world needs. so much pump and dump coins right now.
legendary
dump incoming

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
dump incoming
legendary
Marketplace wiil use the same protocol as shadow chat who don't losose your message if you stay offline more than 48h. I'm not a tech guy  and far to be an expert but I read shadow chat is share with all node (all node have all messages) but only people concerned by the message can read it.

Activity: 81
Merit: 10
..|..

Let's get this answered
Activity: 168
The fact Shadow has 2 tokens, one like CN the other like BTC, with the ability to create/destroy between the 2 at will means Shadow is not only useful for anonymity seekers (shadw>shadow tx's) but so too for charities and organizations that wish to keep funds transparent on an SDC (BTC-like) addy.

Additionally the fact one can donate to charity with a Shadow>SDC anon tx means that you can:
Donate anonymously to a transparent SDC addy.

i.e truly anonymous donations to charities and organizations.

Neither XMR or BTC can boast this incredible flexibility permitted by Shadow's unique 2-token network

N.B Shadow>Shadow and Shadow>SDC tx's are remarkably fast and and u can convert (destroy/create) huge amounts of coin/token (should u so desire) within a matter of seconds up to maybe a minute or so.

I highly recommend people download the wallets and experience the magic for themselves.
Until you do so it's all rather abstract and after you do you get that "AHA!" moment as the system's genius crystallizes in your brain.
Morning Shadow Brothers

Morning Shadow Brother
Morning Shadow Brothers
Lots of action on Trex
Lots of interest in Shadow
Lots of new investors
And a rapidly growing community

Now 326 addys with 1k+ Shadow
http://www.shadowchain.info/richlist/

What's all this then? Trolls  Huh
* P3RS3US waves a rubber chicken

I summon the avatar of LongAndShort, BCT's Mack the Knife and Shadow supporter

Cool

Vegas Baby!
https://youtu.be/SEllHMWkXEU
* P3RS3US dances the morning away
legendary
Activity: 448
Just to clear this up, when sending SDC to Shadow, the more rings I opt before sending the more anonymous? What exactly are "rings" and how does changing the number up or down before I send to SDC address or Shadow address make any difference?

Yeah the more the ring size the better anonymity.  But as you add more you kind of get diminishing returns for anonymity at the expense of blockchain bloat.

The ring size refers to the amount of signatures within the ring.  From wikipedia:  

In cryptography, a ring signature is a type of digital signature that can be performed by any member of a group of users that each have keys. Therefore, a message signed with a ring signature is endorsed by someone in a particular group of people. One of the security properties of a ring signature is that it should be computationally infeasible to determine which of the group members' keys was used to produce the signature.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_signature

So maybe this clarifies it a bit.  I think you are blending your transaction signature in with others in the ring.  So I believe an onlooker won't be able to tell which member of the ring made the signature.
Just to clear this up, when sending SDC to Shadow, the more rings I opt before sending the more anonymous? What exactly are "rings" and how does changing the number up or down before I send to SDC address or Shadow address make any difference?
Jump to: