Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 371. (Read 1289636 times)

Activity: 96
Merit: 10
Screenshots of the brand new In-Wallet Block Explorer. A Slam Dunk & Simply Stunning!
http://imgur.com/a/NQqIf

https://twitter.com/streamuse1/status/573203780948385792

BlockExplorer is pretty cool!
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1006
Back to business...

Signature Competition

We're thinking of running a signature design contest for Shadow similar to this one.

What info/links do you guys think need to be incorporated into the design?

This is important to show in a short and beautiful signature everything that make ShadowCash a unique technology

So what do we need to show ?

- Anonymous coin (with ring signature)
- Beautiful HTML wallet
- Mobile apps

- Next : Market

... ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ShadowCash - distribution's actually not that bad!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do we need to display on signature, other than that ?

ShadowCash

ShadowSend
- 100% Anonymous - POS- ??

ShadowWallet
- Beautiful - Easy - User-Friendly

ShadowMobile
- Android - iOS- (updating)

ShadowChat
- Mobile - Interactive - ??

ShadowMarket
- In Work
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Downloaded the new wallet and it looks fresh. Sleek blck explorer. Nice job devs!
Activity: 725
Merit: 501
Boycott Qatar 2022

ShadowCash - Nothing to see here!

Activity: 390
Merit: 250
Wow, guys, hats off! Since yesterday a lot happened, almost have trouble with keeping up :]

@XST: lolz, I won't bother here (I mean "privacy via Google" threw me off my chair)

@St3baS and everybody involved: amazing job on the wallet!
Stumbled upon just one small thing in the lock/encryption tooltip:

Btw I'm wondering, is there any place with wallet source? I mean CSS is enough. When I'm bored, if I'd like to play with it, will send you pull request afterwards.. is that possible?
Or I could just inspect-out the source on the fly and send someone the diffs? Do you even want that? :]

I will have a look at this little bug

The entire wallet source is available at https://github.com/SDCDev/shadowcoin . This is the latest version with the HTML wallet fully open sourced including the css and js!

Great, found it; thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050
"According to documents newly released by Edward Snowden, US and UK spies hacked into the world’s largest SIM-card manufacturer. This gave them unfettered access to billions of cellphones all over the world. Apparently, this news can spark another international row into overreach by surveillance agencies.

It turned out that the National Security Agency (NSA) and its UK peer GCHQ hacked into Gemalto, a Netherlands SIM-card manufacturer, by stealing encryption keys – this allowed the agencies to secretly monitor voice calls and data. In other words, this hack enabled the agencies to monitor a large portion of the world’s cellular communications. This, of course, violates international laws.

The Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) claimed there was no doubt that NSA and GCHQ had violated Dutch law and are likely to violate laws in many other countries where they used the hacked keys. The consumer privacy outfits also point out that the scale of the hack and its international reach will once again reopen wounds in the diplomatic community. As you know, the US government faced intense criticism from Germany, Brazil, other nations and its own citizens over information disclosed by Snowden.

It became known, for example, that Angela Merkel, the German chancellor, was the target of an NSA spying campaign, and this soured US-German relations. Brazil’s president Dilma Rousseff has also accused the US agency of violating international law.

As for the SIM-card manufacture hack, the attacks could still be ongoing. The Netherlands company produces 2bn SIM-cards each year for major clients: AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon. Gemalto operates in 85 countries and provides SIM-cards to about 450 wireless network providers all over the world.

Encryption keys stolen by NSA and GCHQ would allow them to monitor mobile communications without the consent or knowledge of telecom companies or foreign governments. As you know, calls made on 3G and 4G mobile networks are encrypted, but with the encryption keys any communication made on a device can be accessed (unless you use an extra layer of encryption).

The recent news means that it is difficult for anyone to trust the security of a cellphone, and the situation is unlikely to change anytime soon. Apparently, there is no reason for people to trust their network providers at this point, because their systems remain insecure. So, the stolen keys would allow the spy agencies to target whoever they wanted, even in countries where the government will not cooperate.

As for Gemalto, the company was totally oblivious to the penetration of its systems and promised to do its best to ensure that it doesn’t happen again. It turned out that the company was targeted by the Mobile Handset Exploitation Team (MHET), a unit formed by the surveillance agencies 5 years ago to target vulnerabilities in cell phones. The encryption keys were stolen in a clandestine operation targeting the email and Facebook accounts of Gemalto employees."

This is not limited to nsa either, they share information with agencies all over the world.
Source: The internets
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1006
Back to business...

Signature Competition

We're thinking of running a signature design contest for Shadow similar to this one.

This is important to show in a short and beautiful signature everything that make ShadowCash a unique technology

- Beautiful HTML wallet
- Mobile apps

... ?

Maybe we should have a place for ShadowChat address and pub key Smiley

Also, great job for the new block explorer St3bas Smiley
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Wow, guys, hats off! Since yesterday a lot happened, almost have trouble with keeping up :]

@XST: lolz, I won't bother here (I mean "privacy via Google" threw me off my chair)

https://i.imgur.com/Nsw9AXJ.png

Btw I'm wondering, is there any place with wallet source? I mean CSS is enough. When I'm bored, if I'd like to play with it, will send you pull request afterwards.. is that possible?
Or I could just inspect-out the source on the fly and send someone the diffs? Do you even want that? :]

I will have a look at this little bug

The entire wallet source is available at https://github.com/SDCDev/shadowcoin . This is the latest version with the HTML wallet fully open sourced including the css and js!

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

They said the issue was something to do with stealth addresses and a missing index in the wallet. St3baS said it was something to do with a rare case of the secret key using less than 32 bytes to represent the secret key.  But he has fixed the code to work for secret keys < 32 bytes.  Not sure what that means, but I think it means St3baS rocks.  Really glad to have him on team Shadow.

Haha thanks Pline but the credit for this fix goes to tecnovert! He is a machine!
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
Awesome job guys on the new version.  I think I should provide a bit of an update on a bug I encountered a few weeks back.  I had lost 500 Shadow when sending SDC to Shadow.  The coins appeared on the blockchain but not in my wallet.  After not being able to recover them I sent over my wallet.dat to dasource for the team to have a look.  I am very pleased to announce that with the new version the issue has been fixed and I was able to recover my Shadow by using command "reloadanondata" in the debug console in the new version.

(...)

We should collect all those "broken cases" and fixes for them, e.g. on our new lovely Wiki, for others if they encounter similar issues.

Not bad idea, but this bug shouldn't be a problem anymore for anybody on the latest version.  But for anyone that by rare chance already encountered it, they will be able to recover once they update and then do reloadanondata command. 
Activity: 286
Back to business...

Signature Competition

- Beautiful HTML wallet
- Mobile apps

... ?

Awesome job guys on the new version.  I think I should provide a bit of an update on a bug I encountered a few weeks back.  I had lost 500 Shadow when sending SDC to Shadow.  The coins appeared on the blockchain but not in my wallet.  After not being able to recover them I sent over my wallet.dat to dasource for the team to have a look.  I am very pleased to announce that with the new version the issue has been fixed and I was able to recover my Shadow by using command "reloadanondata" in the debug console in the new version.

(...)

We should collect all those "broken cases" and fixes for them, e.g. on our new lovely Wiki, for others if they encounter similar issues.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100

They said the issue was something to do with stealth addresses and a missing index in the wallet. St3baS said it was something to do with a rare case of the secret key using less than 32 bytes to represent the secret key.  But he has fixed the code to work for secret keys < 32 bytes.  Not sure what that means, but I think it means St3baS rocks.  Really glad to have him on team Shadow.

Also I wanted to update something about Cryptsy's wallet.  I was in contact with mullick the other day from Cryptsy and he had been on vacation for 5 days. That is probably why Shadow wallet was broken for many days.  I believe he had not yet updated to the latest source that had the address locking bug fixes in it.  Now it seems he has updated it, and I have noticed the wallet seems to have no errors generating new addresses on Cryptsy now.  So hopefully it is in good working order now, but I have not tested it out yet with any deposits/withdrawals.

This is really great news.  It seems the foundation of the project is becoming hardened and stronger by the day with these bug fixes.  Hopefully now we can use this foundation to launch forward into the Project's next endeavors.  Keep up the good work guys.

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004
Definitly one of the bests !
Activity: 630
Amazing job on the Wallet Block Explorer. Awesome!

So in the last 48 hours we got

- a NEW WIKI (shadowcash.info)
- a NEW block explorer (shadowchain.info)
- a NEW WALLET with block explorer and other fixes

and rynomster's not even on his computer atm!

It's really amazing, so happy to have such good people working on SDC! Cheesy
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

So in the last 48 hours we got

- a NEW WIKI (shadowcash.info)
- a NEW block explorer (shadowchain.info)
- a NEW WALLET with block explorer and other fixes

and rynomster's not even on his computer atm!
Activity: 630
Activity: 476
Screenshots of the brand new In-Wallet Block Explorer. A Slam Dunk & Simply Stunning!

Def great job St3bas
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Jump to: