Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 367. (Read 1289636 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

Why do you need a group to do that? Isn't that normal market behavior? Even a monkey knows how to buy low and sell high!

by the way, are you one of the main sdc holder??? i dont think so

have you ever heard about market maker??? there is market maker in real stock markets......if you want to use sdc as a digital currency, you have to stabilize the value of sdc
Activity: 503
Merit: 500
..............most alts our price is almost completely based on speculation at the moment.

...............Shadow's already delivered the technology with the ShadowSend v2 release. That's the bit that puzzles me.

Like i said before; just good tech is not enough in altcoin market. For sure, we need a trading group.

Awareness is the biggest problem we face.

People mostly learn about new altcoins by checking the max volume/ max price increase at bittrex.

That is how people first learn about the altcoin, then they read and learn about the coin, some of them become long term investors, others leave after a time

When i look at the volüme and price of sdc, there is nothing attractive for newcomers

I believe that big holders of SDC should come together and form a trading group...that group should buy sdc when there is sell pressure in the market and sell sdc when there is high demand...create volüme etc.

Why do you need a group to do that? Isn't that normal market behavior? Even a monkey knows how to buy low and sell high!

Once there is something to buy with the coin, plenty of people will come around looking to obtain the coin. There are no shortcuts.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
This isn't DarkCoin
..............most alts our price is almost completely based on speculation at the moment.

...............Shadow's already delivered the technology with the ShadowSend v2 release. That's the bit that puzzles me.

Like i said before; just good tech is not enough in altcoin market. For sure, we need a trading group.

Awareness is the biggest problem we face.

People mostly learn about new altcoins by checking the max volume/ max price increase at bittrex.

That is how people first learn about the altcoin, then they read and learn about the coin, some of them become long term investors, others leave after a time

When i look at the volüme and price of sdc, there is nothing attractive for newcomers

I believe that big holders of SDC should come together and form a trading group...that group should buy sdc when there is sell pressure in the market and sell sdc when there is high demand...create volüme etc.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
I'd expect some people to move some of their holdings in response to projects showing exceptional innovation... or at least to hedge their bets to an extent.

That happened a lot in the past. Every time a new anon coin boasting to be the next big thing came along people would hedge on it just in case, and every time they lost their money. Every time. That might explain some of the reluctance.

I think this hits the nail on the head.  This is why there is reluctance. People got burned so many times they don't even want to look into any more alt-coins and their claims.  But in time if Shadow keeps delivering on their goals, I think it will get the recognition it deserves.

Yeah, that makes sense and I can understand why people would be more cautious about investing in cryptocurrencies now. Still this isn't Cloakcoin, Shadow's already delivered the technology with the ShadowSend v2 release. That's the bit that puzzles me.

Yeah that is why I invested, because Shadow has already delivered on the tech, and that speaks for itself.  I think the main thing needed is a good anonymous solution and also an easy to use experience for beginner mainstream users.  In my opinion this is where Shadow has the competition beat.  The wallet experience is incredibly impressive imo.  I don't think other anonymous coins can even compare to Shadow's wallet experience. 

I think the main problem is awareness.  People got burnt on other coins, so they don't even look into Shadow because in their mind everything is a scam now.  If people knew about Shadow's tech and just tried the wallet out, they would be really easy to convince about Shadow's value as a coin and investment. 

When the ShadowMarket drops, its going to be incredible.  I don't think people will be able to ignore it anymore.
I'd expect some people to move some of their holdings in response to projects showing exceptional innovation... or at least to hedge their bets to an extent.

That happened a lot in the past. Every time a new anon coin boasting to be the next big thing came along people would hedge on it just in case, and every time they lost their money. Every time. That might explain some of the reluctance.

I think this hits the nail on the head.  This is why there is reluctance. People got burned so many times they don't even want to look into any more alt-coins and their claims.  But in time if Shadow keeps delivering on their goals, I think it will get the recognition it deserves.

Sure, there has to be some actual stuff there, a coin that does what it claims to do and a market where it is used. We already have the first part, the second part takes time. Just time, there is no substitute for that. In the fast-moving world of crypto time can be underappreciated. In the meantime the speculators will be able to screw with the price. Fortunately it seems to be stable enough right now.

I'm fully invested, not because I can't afford more but because at this point good distribution is worth more than having a lot of coins. And if it reaches its potential, I will have plenty. Grin
Activity: 286
Merit: 250

I think this hits the nail on the head.  This is why there is reluctance. People got burned so many times they don't even want to look into any more alt-coins and their claims.  But in time if Shadow keeps delivering on their goals, I think it will get the recognition it deserves.

Yeah, that makes sense and I can understand why people would be more cautious about investing in cryptocurrencies now. Still this isn't Cloakcoin, Shadow's already delivered the technology with the ShadowSend v2 release. That's the bit that puzzles me.

I think this hits the nail on the head.  This is why there is reluctance. People got burned so many times they don't even want to look into any more alt-coins and their claims.  But in time if Shadow keeps delivering on their goals, I think it will get the recognition it deserves.
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

It's a bit baffling.  

Shadow now uses similar techniques to give a comparable level of anonymity to the cryptonote coins, has a beautifully designed and user-friendly wallet produced and maintained by the core team (with encrypted messaging), lite-wallet functionality and staking mobile wallets (granted they need to be upgraded).

My stock response to your complaints about the price in the past has been that the altcoin market's massively irrational, and those figures only seem to reinforce it.
I'm not sure what we can do about it, but I'd like to hear any ideas you might have.

Do you expect that every time a new coin comes along that is as good or even slightly better on some aspects than the old coins everyone should dump their holdings and buy the new one? That would make one interesting financial ecosystem.

Where in my post have I suggested that? What I would say is that given that most altcoins are speculative investments I'd expect some people to move some of their holdings in response to projects showing exceptional innovation... or at least to hedge their bets to an extent. That just seems like the rational thing to do. Instead, a lot of people cling to coins that use technologies that have been superseded (not looking at anyone in particular  Wink) and instead of rationality exhibit a strange kind of tribalism. Which you've pretty much done by coming here, making some unjustified inference from my post and beating your chest a bit.

Shadow isn't "as good or even slightly better" than some old coins. It's light years ahead of most, and technologically on a par/ahead of many projects with market caps that dwarf ours. But you do have a point in a way though - I think it is partly about loyalty. If Shadow had appeared just 3/4 months before it did maybe its market cap would match that of those other coins. Instead by then many people had already pledged allegiance to their project of choice and remain loyal in spite of the innovations that occur outside it.

illodin is a closet Shadower Wink

Laugh it up while u still can…

I have larger percentage of the float of SDC than I have DRK, so please pump it up already so I can get second round of profit from it.

Doesn't make his comment any less vacuous.  Wink
It's a bit baffling.  

Shadow now uses similar techniques to give a comparable level of anonymity to the cryptonote coins, has a beautifully designed and user-friendly wallet produced and maintained by the core team (with encrypted messaging), lite-wallet functionality and staking mobile wallets (granted they need to be upgraded).

My stock response to your complaints about the price in the past has been that the altcoin market's massively irrational, and those figures only seem to reinforce it.
I'm not sure what we can do about it, but I'd like to hear any ideas you might have.

Do you expect that every time a new coin comes along that is as good or even slightly better on some aspects than the old coins everyone should dump their holdings and buy the new one? That would make one interesting financial ecosystem.

Where in my post have I suggested that? What I would say is that given that most altcoins are speculative investments I'd expect some people to move some of their holdings in response to projects showing exceptional innovation... or at least to hedge their bets to an extent. That just seems like the rational thing to do. Instead, a lot of people cling to coins that use technologies that have been superseded (not looking at anyone in particular  Wink) and instead of rationality exhibit a strange kind of tribalism. Which you've pretty much done by coming here, making some unjustified inference from my post and beating your chest a bit.

Shadow isn't "as good or even slightly better" than some old coins. It's light years ahead of most, and technologically on a par/ahead of many projects with market caps that dwarf ours. But you do have a point in a way though - I think it is partly about loyalty. If Shadow had appeared just 3/4 months before it did maybe its market cap would match that of those other coins. Instead by then many people had already pledged allegiance to their project of choice and remain loyal in spite of the innovations that occur outside it.

illodin is a closet Shadower Wink

Laugh it up while u still can…

I have larger percentage of the float of SDC than I have DRK, so please pump it up already so I can get second round of profit from it.
It's a bit baffling.  

It's a bit baffling.  

Shadow is not just slightly better than the cryptonote clones.  It has several big advantages.  The main one being it is implemented onto a Bitcoin blockchain so it can plug into existing infrastructure much easier.  It has an easy to use functional wallet with amazing features, while other cryptonote coins seem to struggle to even provide a functional GUI wallet for beginners. Shadow seems to have a huge dev team.  I know Duffield says that darkcoin has the second biggest dev team in crypto with 10 developers as well as many testers.  Shadow seems to have a team that can give the DRK devs a run for their money, hence why DRK tried to acquire the team in the merger proposal.  They have built a lot of stuff, and the marketplace will be coming in time.  Once that happens the project is going to get a lot more attention.  Right now people don't really know about Shadow, they are too enamored with pump and dump scams like paycoin.  If we build it they will come.  Price is ridiculously low right now, its only a matter of time before it booms.
it has been long time, since the last time i was here

price still sucks

sorry but it is the truth, price does not lie

I suppose it depends on your motivation for buying the coin. If your goal is to make a couple of USD trading on swings, it might not be for you. But I think big.

Why would anyone expect the price of the coin to represent anything real before there is anything to buy with it?

That's an important point, as with most alts our price is almost completely based on speculation at the moment. Shadow will be exponentially more useful when the decentralised market's done, but as you can imagine it's a huge undertaking. If you'd like to support the people responsible for the next phase of the market's development skip60 - or anyone else - please considering donating to our front-end devs/designers crz- and ffmad whose details you can find here.
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
It's a bit baffling.  

price still sucks

I suppose it depends on your motivation for buying the coin. If your goal is to make a couple of USD trading on swings, it might not be for you. But I think big.

Why would anyone expect the price of the coin to represent anything real before there is anything to buy with it?

price still sucks

It's a bit baffling.  

And yet ...  

price still sucks

Activity: 532
I'd like to request a small fix for the next wallet.  In the wallet's CSS add this line of code at the top:

Code:
html {
overflow-y: scroll;
}

This will force every page to have a scroll bar even if it doesn't need one.  I am a web designer and I get really annoyed when pages adjust side to side when a scroll bar is displayed and then removed. 

Thanks!
Jump to: