Pages:
Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 7. (Read 1289614 times)

Activity: 356
Merit: 250
Not long now.  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017
If I not change my SDC to Particl in this 4 weeks after what with my sdc ? will be dead coin ?
So I need chose change to Part 1:1 ratio or sell on markets ? if I not sell in 4 weeks after sdc will be dead coin and price drop to 1 satoshi on market and I never can sell it for ususally price?
So its Change or Sell order ? or keep it and lost all ?
Its not fud I just need info to make good decision.

Any SDC that isn't exchanged in the swap will be donated to the "foundation" in the form of the new token.  Even if we continued to support the abandoned SDC project, we don't know what the fate of the swapped SDC will be.  They will be somewhere and they could be used to dump on the network at a later time....Just something to think about there.  I would sell or swap if I were you.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050
Although I find the concept quite interesting I am still not sure what the benefits of investing are yet, additionally, can someone please tell me if I will require a wallet to send funds or can I use an exchange?

I cant talk for investing because its reckless but the concept should speak for itself.

Its a working set of privacy tools. Its a working marketplace prototype being moved to a platform that is neutral not bias. Meaning it opens its doors to the world instead of only a few sections. Its more funding, more exposure. Its the next logical step for a crew of developers and testers who have generated a suite of tools ready enough to serve a real world market! Its time for it to become production ready.

It's not a cash grab?  It seems like the "foundation" realized that they could capitalize on the platform by separating what they've been working on by offering it up as a new crowdfund and taking profit for themselves instead of developing on the current project....right?

Its a startup project and the assets are real, we've tested and seen them with our own eyes! How do you move forward without funding?

I'm not saying that an innovative project shouldn't offer investment opportunities to the community.  The way it happened feels underhanded....We've been supporting the network all this time, and now the network we've been supporting is getting abandoned and its "support equity" is being held up for ransom....The new project seems very promising, but the roll out seems like an underhanded maneuver to take profit off the backs of those who've been supporting it.  Right?  It just feels wrong morally....

Its their tech, they can do what they want with it. People can keep the Shadow chain, tech and branding if they want to however, they will have to find competent developers to work on it and PAY THEM!
They don't work for people playing with the currency market. They do not work for the exchanges! People have been freeloading from their work for a long time you know. Its the beauty of open source and its how it should be.

They work for themselves, their vision and you could also say their own profit somehow. We support that vision and some even bet on its token on market exchanges. (which have nothing to do with the project!) Those are our choices to make. No one forces us to do anything. We do it knowing full well it could all have been for nothing or all for something.

The development team have been through thick and thin in this space. They have proven themselves so many times. They are still here and chose now to evolve. Its our choice to evolve with them or walk away. Anyone who got in early has profited. Those who bought on a rally and chose to sell at a loss cant blame anyone but themselves. Its a whole separate game they took risk in.

Those who bought in looking for a quick profit over the last few weeks and now have to hold to regain their money back or even risk waiting for a better yield do so at their own choice and risk. Its the game they entered into knowing full well it could happen and knowing full well they could be rich now or having to hold. There was no waiver but i'm sure if there was one it would have been signed for the chance to become rich. Its not the developers fault that people had a choice and a chance to get rich on another platform, using this techs token. Why are they responsible for the actions of these people when their focus is the tech.

If you chose to bet on it on a exchange then how on earth is that the responsibility of the developer. They made the tech and maintain it and you chose to use it in a risky game then i argue you wear the responsibility of it.
legendary
Here is a run down for the laymen.

ShadowCash development team are taking the tech, a entire suite of privacy tools. They are taking the tools which include a working marketplace protype to a new platform called PARTICL.

They are going to build it from the ground up on bitcoins newest code base.

"The launch of Particl marks the end of the Shadow Project and the Umbra platform, but the development of Particl is a move toward a more technologically sound marketplace that simultaneously protects privacy while also meeting regulatory standards that will ensure its global longevity."

"What is happening to the ShadowProject and your ShadowCash?"

"Out of gratitude and respect for the great ShadowCash community, I would like to exclusively offer the ShadowCash (SDC) holders the opportunity to participate in the commencement of the Particl project. SDC is the only ticket to be part of the Particl network prior to its launch, so if you hold SDC — great, do not get rid of it. If you do not yet hold SDC, and want to support Particl, you will need to obtain SDC to do so. It is our desire and belief that our community will also want to see the greater vision carried out, and will join us in total support. To understand the full scope of our plans and intentions with the Particl project, and how ShadowCash holders can exclusively join us in the upcoming launch, please visit https://particl.io" -Ryno (lead ShadowCash and now Particl Developer)

Read more at https://blog.shadowproject.io/2017/03/17/particl-a-new-platform/

It explains it all very clearly, i'm not sure why people are confused.

"Here is a run down for the laymen."

As an investor, you just lost a shitload of money due to a very poorly executed plan that you didn't get to vote on.

As I said before I plan to invest in this new project. But... due to the way this was dropped on our heads, the vast majority of my funds will be going to projects I feel are more trustworthy.

Thanks longandshort for making sure everyone understands this!

This is the way I see it.  They hyped that they had good news....I believed, probably many others, the good news was that the marketplace was ready to be implemented which would increase the projects value.  But, instead the news was, " Hey, we're scrapping the project you've been supporting for the past couple years, but you can be the first to donate to the new project we have planned."  A project that has at least three cash grabs for the "foundation" included in the roll out....That's just my impression....very under handed.  And, the dump happened just prior to the news being released...seconds before!  So, there seems to be a cash grab there also by insiders....right?

I would not be surprised if Polo orchestrated this behind the scenes...
Someone was ready to buy $2-3,000,000 of SDC and that buy support is now gone = PUMP AHEAD (maybe post ICO).

Also, exactly how is Bitcoin's convoluted 8 yo code base state-of-the-art in any way...
Crypto is full-steaming ahead to ETH clones and IFPS and DAGs... blockchain itself is gonna be an anachronism soon.

I was arbitrating between Polo and Trex while I had the ShadowProject tab open waiting for the announcement (didn't bother with slack---my bad!)....both exchanges dumped hard just seconds before the announcement.  I'm still scratching my head over it.  My first instinct is that the news was announced on the slack channel first which precipitated the dump....
Activity: 854
Merit: 277
liife threw a tempest at you? be a coconut !
Even though we can think of reasons for the devs actions to be legit, the way in which they did it (no prior community communication, only 12 hours until it's over for SDC etc) is unforgivable. As they say in their medium article, SDC's marketcap was 30m$, and as a direct result of their careless actions and arrogance now it's under half that sum.
Users be advised for future trust: buy low, sell high, and don't have much faith in their deadlines or ethics.

Couldn't agree more. Most profound statement made here in the last 24 hours!

happens a lot...
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
If I not change my SDC to Particl in this 4 weeks after what with my sdc ? will be dead coin ?
So I need chose change to Part 1:1 ratio or sell on markets ? if I not sell in 4 weeks after sdc will be dead coin and price drop to 1 satoshi on market and I never can sell it for ususally price?
So its Change or Sell order ? or keep it and lost all ?
Its not fud I just need info to make good decision.
Activity: 624
wrecksone: People wanting part.
Activity: 624
wrecksone:  Could be a pump today
legendary
Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

ShadowCash development team are taking the tech, a entire suite of privacy tools. They are taking the tools which include a working marketplace protype to a new platform called PARTICL.

"The launch of Particl marks the end of the Shadow Project and the Umbra platform, but the development of Particl is a move toward a more technologically sound marketplace that simultaneously protects privacy while also meeting regulatory standards that will ensure its global longevity."

"Out of gratitude and respect for the great ShadowCash community, I would like to exclusively offer the ShadowCash (SDC) holders the opportunity to participate in the commencement of the Particl project. SDC is the only ticket to be part of the Particl network prior to its launch, so if you hold SDC — great, do not get rid of it. If you do not yet hold SDC, and want to support Particl, you will need to obtain SDC to do so. It is our desire and belief that our community will also want to see the greater vision carried out, and will join us in total support. To understand the full scope of our plans and intentions with the Particl project, and how ShadowCash holders can exclusively join us in the upcoming launch, please visit https://particl.io" -Ryno (lead ShadowCash and now Particl Developer)

As an investor, you just lost a shitload of money due to a very poorly executed plan that you didn't get to vote on.

As I said before I plan to invest in this new project. But... due to the way this was dropped on our heads, the vast majority of my funds will be going to projects I feel are more trustworthy.

This is the way I see it.  They hyped that they had good news....I believed, probably many others, the good news was that the marketplace was ready to be implemented which would increase the projects value.  But, instead the news was, " Hey, we're scrapping the project you've been supporting for the past couple years, but you can be the first to donate to the new project we have planned."  A project that has at least three cash grabs for the "foundation" included in the roll out....That's just my impression....very under handed.  And, the dump happened just prior to the news being released...seconds before!  So, there seems to be a cash grab there also by insiders....right?

I would not be surprised if Polo orchestrated this behind the scenes...
Someone was ready to buy $2-3,000,000 of SDC and that buy support is now gone = PUMP AHEAD (maybe post ICO).

Also, exactly how is Bitcoin's convoluted 8 yo code base state-of-the-art in any way...
Crypto is full-steaming ahead to ETH clones and IFPS and DAGs... blockchain itself is gonna be an anachronism soon.
legendary
Activity: 1111
crypto-enthusiast since 2012
It's not a cash grab?  It seems like the "foundation" realized that they could capitalize on the platform by separating what they've been working on by offering it up as a new crowdfund and taking profit for themselves instead of developing
I'm not saying that an innovative project shouldn't offer investment opportunities to the community.  The way it happened feels underhanded....We've been supporting the network all this time, and now the network we've been supporting is getting abandoned and its "support equity" is being held up for ransom....The new project seems very promising, but the roll out seems like an underhanded maneuver to take profit off the backs of those who've been supporting it.  Right?  It just feels wrong morally....

It's exactly that.... and the market responded. A dump of 50% at the same time a dump of btc is happening. double-whammy
legendary
Although I find the concept quite interesting I am still not sure what the benefits of investing are yet, additionally, can someone please tell me if I will require a wallet to send funds or can I use an exchange?

I cant talk for investing because its reckless but the concept should speak for itself.

Its a working set of privacy tools. Its a working marketplace prototype being moved to a platform that is neutral not bias. Meaning it opens its doors to the world instead of only a few sections. Its more funding, more exposure. Its the next logical step for a crew of developers and testers who have generated a suite of tools ready enough to serve a real world market! Its time for it to become production ready.

It's not a cash grab?  It seems like the "foundation" realized that they could capitalize on the platform by separating what they've been working on by offering it up as a new crowdfund and taking profit for themselves instead of developing on the current project....right?

Its a startup project and the assets are real, we've tested and seen them with our own eyes! How do you move forward without funding?

Activity: 350
Merit: 100
Ok i see a bunch of lunatics who want to point fingers at the dev team for their own losses on a market not controlled by said dev team.

And i see me and all the people not saying a word (who are the majority here) scratching our heads as to how stupid you are being.

Its this simple though, if you don't like what they have done or are doing then move on. No one is stopping you. Bye bye! To be honest, no one who actually matters gives a ff.

true that I agree with this
legendary

legendary

Thanks LongAndShort. They don't really explain how the SDC and BTC funding will work. I don't suppose you know if a wallet is required do you?

I would prefer being given private keys upon transfer of the coins to be used on the up coming block chain. I have no clue what they plan to do actually. Exchanges can also facilitate such things as this also.

Currently i don't think there is a new genisis block made but i could be wrong. I hope there is.
legendary

Activity: 300

Thanks LongAndShort. They don't really explain how the SDC and BTC funding will work. I don't suppose you know if a wallet is required do you?
legendary

legendary

legendary
Activity: 1214
Never compromise your standards!
Even though we can think of reasons for the devs actions to be legit, the way in which they did it (no prior community communication, only 12 hours until it's over for SDC etc) is unforgivable. As they say in their medium article, SDC's marketcap was 30m$, and as a direct result of their careless actions and arrogance now it's under half that sum.
Users be advised for future trust: buy low, sell high, and don't have much faith in their deadlines or ethics.

Couldn't agree more. Most profound statement made here in the last 24 hours!
Activity: 432
Pages:
Jump to: