Pages:
Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 10. (Read 1289614 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
So SDC will not have its native marketplace anymore right? And this coin becomes worthless?

This is what was announced recently right?
Activity: 784
Merit: 272

Dzimbeck, the wild west days of alts are long past. I have no hard feelings, actually quite the opposite...I am refreshed to see the people who are still around from those days. Your dedication to your project is admirable. It's great to see you are still working on Bitbay. I've been watching the project from the beginning (I own a small chunk of coins...😝). The Halo projects were revolutionary and before their time, they were like the first "smart contracts" in crypto. We could have made a great team back in those days...

I have had no involvement with SDC for a couple years, nor do I own any coins. I have nothing to do with the team other than I believe Ryno is an honest person and (like you) dedicated to his project. I agree with your take on the "shadow" branding, but as I said, I have no involvement in the decisions.

You are right we could have made a great team. However I am not anonymous and as you have seen I've had my fair share of problems with govt trolls. So its a good thing I didn't do darknet centric markets. Although in theory the markets are anonymous and such, we are branding to a larger audience. I was interviewed by Vice.com and told them the same thing. I'm not going to end up like the reddit guy or piratebay guys and definitely not like Ross Ulbright. I'm fighting for peoples freedoms but if I don't watch my ass then I won't be able to keep fighting and my story would have ended before it started. If I chose that path I would have not been able to keep coding at this pace.

Granted, I'm not obligated to moderate markets. Just like the inventor of uTorrent can't possilby control what torrents are traded. But uTorrent was wise to not brand for anything except filesharing. In the case of Halo, it does this as well. We aren't branding anything except DDE and decentralization as a whole, we are simply doing everything in our power to protect peoples right to privacy and protect them from deception. I'm not sure if that will ever get compromised however we are trying to promote good ideas in the hopes that other projects will see those ideas and be inspired to use them in their own projects. It was a shame to see SYS and OpenBazaar choose escrow models even when their own users asked for a DDE/mutually assured destruction model.

This is why I've always been fond of SDC for remaining true to the idea of decentralization and doing the right thing and choosing two party escrow.

Anyways, keep in touch... don't be a stranger. Email me sometime and perhaps we can catch up.

This makes a lot of sense.

vTorrent is implementing a lot of SDC, Blackcoin, etc and many of its own features to produce the option of paid for file sharing with BitTorrent (paid or free, users decide).  vTorrent is a dual use technology so it is legal.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.18181977

It is not so clear how the legal status of decentralised markets will be treated.
legendary
Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

Dzimbeck, the wild west days of alts are long past. I have no hard feelings, actually quite the opposite...I am refreshed to see the people who are still around from those days. Your dedication to your project is admirable. It's great to see you are still working on Bitbay. I've been watching the project from the beginning (I own a small chunk of coins...😝). The Halo projects were revolutionary and before their time, they were like the first "smart contracts" in crypto. We could have made a great team back in those days...

I have had no involvement with SDC for a couple years, nor do I own any coins. I have nothing to do with the team other than I believe Ryno is an honest person and (like you) dedicated to his project. I agree with your take on the "shadow" branding, but as I said, I have no involvement in the decisions.

You are right we could have made a great team. However I am not anonymous and as you have seen I've had my fair share of problems with govt trolls. So its a good thing I didn't do darknet centric markets. Although in theory the markets are anonymous and such, we are branding to a larger audience. I was interviewed by Vice.com and told them the same thing. I'm not going to end up like the reddit guy or piratebay guys and definitely not like Ross Ulbright. I'm fighting for peoples freedoms but if I don't watch my ass then I won't be able to keep fighting and my story would have ended before it started. If I chose that path I would have not been able to keep coding at this pace.

Granted, I'm not obligated to moderate markets. Just like the inventor of uTorrent can't possilby control what torrents are traded. But uTorrent was wise to not brand for anything except filesharing. In the case of Halo, it does this as well. We aren't branding anything except DDE and decentralization as a whole, we are simply doing everything in our power to protect peoples right to privacy and protect them from deception. I'm not sure if that will ever get compromised however we are trying to promote good ideas in the hopes that other projects will see those ideas and be inspired to use them in their own projects. It was a shame to see SYS and OpenBazaar choose escrow models even when their own users asked for a DDE/mutually assured destruction model.

This is why I've always been fond of SDC for remaining true to the idea of decentralization and doing the right thing and choosing two party escrow.

Anyways, keep in touch... don't be a stranger. Email me sometime and perhaps we can catch up.
Activity: 244
I am so happy to see so many Blackcoin guys are together again, now Blackcoin has so many brother projects: Shadowcash and IOcoin, a prosperous family.
Activity: 122
Merit: 100

Can confirm...Bitbay is real deal marketplace. This dev has been around since Blackcoin launch at least.

Hey VeritasBS! Long time no talk. Hope you are doing well. No hard feelings from before Smiley ... glad to see you are still supporting SDC.

Anyways I wish you guys good luck on the rebrand. I'm a supporter of the efforts you guys have made so far. What motivated the peculiar name though? It seems like "Shadow" is better for darknet branding. Or are you guys trying to change your target market to clearnet?!

Anyways Shadow, you guys knew about my project before you made your comparison chart. Why didn't you put BitHalo/BlackHalo/BitBay on there?! I can understand if you guys think its closed source but actually it's not! You can download the source package at www.davtonia.com/bithalo/haloobf.zip

Veritas you might recognize my hilarious Dogefuscator! Remember our fight on IRC? I look back at it and laugh. Smiley

Anyways I hope you are doing well.

The code can be audited in that regard, and many sections don't have variable name changes either so its very easy to decipher for a gifted coder.

Eventually though I will remove the Dogefuscator and put it on Github, its just to prevent obvious cloning attempts. I've talked to other devs and they tell me that they don't get too many contributions to source on Github so I just didn't see the advantage. Perhaps you can point that out in your comparison. Realize we do have a reputation and moderation system that is based similar to downvotes. We use "flagging" and give users a certain number of flags per month.

One thing we don't have is ring signatures but that is sort of easy to add since there is several code bases that we can fork into it and felt like UI/UX was more important.

Granted our market cap is low (only a few million) because we got screwed 2 years ago by the founders but we have made a comeback, they are long gone and the founders left me holding that bag the second it started. But the pegging will rectify everything.

In the meantime good luck. And consider a way to not abandon the Shadow brand. If you do indeed plan on accepting all coins consider the investors who are here and that this decision was made as a surprise to them.

legendary

Can confirm...Bitbay is real deal marketplace. This dev has been around since Blackcoin launch at least.

Hey VeritasBS! Long time no talk. Hope you are doing well. No hard feelings from before Smiley ... glad to see you are still supporting SDC.

Anyways I wish you guys good luck on the rebrand. I'm a supporter of the efforts you guys have made so far. What motivated the peculiar name though? It seems like "Shadow" is better for darknet branding. Or are you guys trying to change your target market to clearnet?!

Anyways Shadow, you guys knew about my project before you made your comparison chart. Why didn't you put BitHalo/BlackHalo/BitBay on there?! I can understand if you guys think its closed source but actually it's not! You can download the source package at www.davtonia.com/bithalo/haloobf.zip

Veritas you might recognize my hilarious Dogefuscator! Remember our fight on IRC? I look back at it and laugh. Smiley

Anyways I hope you are doing well.

The code can be audited in that regard, and many sections don't have variable name changes either so its very easy to decipher for a gifted coder.

Eventually though I will remove the Dogefuscator and put it on Github, its just to prevent obvious cloning attempts. I've talked to other devs and they tell me that they don't get too many contributions to source on Github so I just didn't see the advantage. Perhaps you can point that out in your comparison. Realize we do have a reputation and moderation system that is based similar to downvotes. We use "flagging" and give users a certain number of flags per month.

One thing we don't have is ring signatures but that is sort of easy to add since there is several code bases that we can fork into it and felt like UI/UX was more important.

Granted our market cap is low (only a few million) because we got screwed 2 years ago by the founders but we have made a comeback, they are long gone and the founders left me holding that bag the second it started. But the pegging will rectify everything.

In the meantime good luck. And consider a way to not abandon the Shadow brand. If you do indeed plan on accepting all coins consider the investors who are here and that this decision was made as a surprise to them.
The Greed is biggest issue in cryptos.

Although I agree with your comment, I don't believe greed was the motivation in this case. The dev team has worked diligently on this project for over two years without compensation. In order to compete with the DASH's of the world, the development needed funding and a full time team. The merits of the plan to transfer SDC to PART can be debated but the motivation for doing so was not greed.
Activity: 246
After a few years keeps low profile and undervalued market cap, we see SDC finally went up in recent months, and this time SDC had its new ATH.
legendary
this is the first decentralized market with currency ever ,,, and every body's trying to talk it down because of a rebrand  ,,,, just LOL
No it's not BitBay has been around for more than a year with double deposit unbreakable contracts as well.

And OpenBazaar is centralized, they use arbiters who can steal escrow. (2 of 3 collusion)

In Bitbay you can use cash for your deals to insured by double deposit.

bitbay is not a decentralized system ,, first clue is the login page

https://www.bitbay.net/  us old ones are slow

No it's www.Bitbay.market

ya but its been low for years PART looks like a better version of a market ,,, ya I cut my teeth in blackcoin

plus just read on there site they want to lock the price to the us dollar ,,, no money to be made in the future on that

No not lock, the peg can roll up and down its to emulate larger investments using decentralized pegging to crush volatility because the community votes on supply. No centralized custodians unlike NuBits. So it can go from 1 to 2 dollars etc as long as community sees volume to support it
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
this is the first decentralized market with currency ever ,,, and every body's trying to talk it down because of a rebrand  ,,,, just LOL
No it's not BitBay has been around for more than a year with double deposit unbreakable contracts as well.

And OpenBazaar is centralized, they use arbiters who can steal escrow. (2 of 3 collusion)

https://www.bitbay.net/  us old ones are slow

ya but its been low for years PART looks like a better version of a market ,,, ya I cut my teeth in blackcoin

plus just read on there site they want to lock the price to the us dollar ,,, no money to be made in the future on that

https://www.bitbay.net/  us old ones are slow

idk why people surprised here about this scam are you really so blind?

how is this a scam? ,, honestly
Activity: 666
Merit: 500
idk why people surprised here about this scam are you really so blind?
Activity: 624
wrecksone: Please
wrecksone: Major holder
wrecksone: Can someone  give me the link for a friend to jojn
Activity: 420
many investors hurst due to these scams
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
legendary

Pages:
Jump to: