Pages:
Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 81. (Read 1289635 times)

Activity: 225
Merit: 100
dadon: Hopefully we can somehow add instant  $>btc conversation to the wallet so we can cut the middle men out all together until then ibthink we will have a currencyswap like localbtc built into the market.
But once again im not positive im not on the team
This to me would open so many more doors, especially to those who find acquiring BTC equally difficult. Build a separate in-wallet market to buy and sell SDC directly from payment processors dealing in various fiat currencies and payment methods.
Activity: 624
Merit: 250
dadon: Hopefully we can somehow add instant  $>btc conversation to the wallet so we can cut the middle men out all together until then ibthink we will have a currencyswap like localbtc built into the market.
But once again im not positive im not on the team
dadon: So you dont need to buy sdc on a exchange you just buy btc then the wallet can instantly convert thise btc to sdc so you can buy stuff on the market
dadon: I think what they mean but im not sure and im probably wrong 90% sure i have no clue
I think instant btc to sdc conversation that could be done with shapeshift?
Activity: 168
If you're talking about a system that converts the price of items on the market from SDC to BTC, and lets users pay directly with BTC, that would be great. It will generate alot of buy pressure from people who don't own SDC but want to make use of the market. I like it  Wink

Waiting patiently for the next update!
dadon: ^ that ides of btc>sdc on the market genius love it
Activity: 111
Merit: 15
Eat, sleep, code, repeat.
DirectBTC is not as advanced as they make it seem, I doubt that it's even properly decentralized. I can't say for sure because I haven't looked at the code but it doesn't look that good in my opinion.

DirectBTC seems like a centralized component because it doesn't require the bitcoin blockchain on the buyers computer, yet manages to verify the transaction.
All it does is verify that a transaction happened on the blockchain through some blockchain api on a website.

I don't think I have to explain that it's a bad thing.

At Shadow, we don't pull that kind of tricks. Privacy, anonymity and decentralization is at the core of our application and we will never change that.
We have plans to integrate BTC payment, but it will more likely be as follows:
BTC -> SHADOW -> ESCROW.

We'd make it so BTC is exchanged to Shadow and then you can do the transaction. This way anonymity is preserved..
dadon: Sounds very unamazing
dadon: DirectBTC feature? Whats that do?
I just hope the market will be released real soon.... Syscoin is taking the lead with their just-announced DirectBTC feature.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.
jadesnail: The only thing I see SDC holding back currently is the lack of a cryptographer on the team. We took a serious dent to our reputation when the anonymity was (partially) broken. No serious transactions happened yet at that time, but it sure didn't do us well

Nonsense. EVERY coin worth talking about has had it's drawbacks and temporary failures. The most important aspect of any coin is having developers with talent, great vision, communication, and determination to move forward as planned. If anything, when the anonymity was partially broken it was an epiphany moment. SDC developers responded with amazing speed and clarity. They supplied not only a fix, but even greater features, and an improved road map. It was a moment when those paying attention should have realized how serious this coin really is... A very short time later SDC is already a far better coin!
Yep im loving the new POSV3 The staking is so consistent, so good and im sure if there was any other problems with the code those helpfull guys over at XMR would gladly point it out, so i guess we are all good now, great work team.
legendary
Activity: 1111
Merit: 1000
crypto-enthusiast since 2012
jadesnail: The only thing I see SDC holding back currently is the lack of a cryptographer on the team. We took a serious dent to our reputation when the anonymity was (partially) broken. No serious transactions happened yet at that time, but it sure didn't do us well

Nonsense. EVERY coin worth talking about has had it's drawbacks and temporary failures. The most important aspect of any coin is having developers with talent, great vision, communication, and determination to move forward as planned. If anything, when the anonymity was partially broken it was an epiphany moment. SDC developers responded with amazing speed and clarity. They supplied not only a fix, but even greater features, and an improved road map. It was a moment when those paying attention should have realized how serious this coin really is... A very short time later SDC is already a far better coin!

well said,
Totally agree  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1214
Merit: 1000
Never compromise your standards!

dadon: Will get us more widespread attention and hopefully attract qualified and eager volunteers im sure plenty will jump at the chance at contributing to such a great project
dadon: I believe market release will help fix that problem
dadon: Thats just my vision but it seams to be becoming reality slowly
dadon: I believe there will be many niche markets in crypto digital payments, digital contracts, real estate, privacy, etc and i thiink privacy will be one of the bigger crypto markets and there is a good chance sdc will lead it
dadon: Big money moving into crypto now the good projects are all going to have there day we just need to keep pushing on
Pages:
Jump to: