Pages:
Author

Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA - page 76. (Read 1289635 times)

Activity: 503
Merit: 500
Automatic Monkey:
...who would want an Electrum-type wallet?

Who? Crypto newbies!

But I agree with Kewde that full nodes are priority and if SDC wallet installer is released there would be no need of SDC Electrum wallet.

Yes the skill level to use crypto needs to be brought down, across the board. Something super-simple for the Windows world, like a .msi

Anybody here have a grandmother who smokes stuff?  Cheesy When she can order her stuff on the market, Shadow will be ready for prime time!
Activity: 744
Automatic Monkey:
...who would want an Electrum-type wallet?

Who? Crypto newbies!

But I agree with Kewde that full nodes are priority and if SDC wallet installer is released there would be no need of SDC Electrum wallet.
Activity: 111
Merit: 15
Eat, sleep, code, repeat.
code: Yes.

Possible but no reason why we should do that. Our in-house wallet supports lite mode, so no point.

Did not know that. Will try it out. So, the lite version enables all features (send, receive, tor, generation of stealth addresses, shadowsend, etc) except of staking?

I tries lite version. It`s not user friendly because needs some manual interventions from the side of the user.

Have you tried to fork BTC Electrum wallet for SDC? Are there plans in this field?
No, we need to focus on having good full nodes before doing more work on lite mode.

There has been an effort for porting electrum but we'd rather have our own lite mode version.

I'd think the market would obviate that, being market users will already have a wallet running, right?

The other major class of users would be the big holders who already have staking nodes and always will. If they're not going to use the market and not going to stake coins, who would want an Electrum-type wallet?

My thoughts exactly. Most people will be using it for the market, thus electrum wouldn't come in handy.
code: Hi VeritasSapere
When pointing to a path, make sure the directory you are referencing actually exists. You'll have to manually make the directory and assure that the user under which you are executing Shadow has read, write and execute rights to the directory
I did do that and it still puts it in the standard directory. I open the terminal from the folder that shadow is located, I then give this command "./shadow -datadir=/home/***/***/***". If you see anything wrong with this please let me know. I figured using a different directory would increase the security a bit, but I suppose I will just use the standard directory since I am unable to get this to work, this same method did work for other wallets. Thank you for your help however, it is not that big of a deal to get this working in this way, though I figured I am doing everything right unless I have missed something obvious here. If I put in the wrong directory it does say that the directory does not exist, when configured correctly it still puts the data into the standard directory, this is with the latest version of Shadow.

It's noted and will be looked at!
Could you check the debug log for any errors?

If there is an issue we can find, then we'll try to patch it in the next release!
Activity: 503

Possible but no reason why we should do that. Our in-house wallet supports lite mode, so no point.

Did not know that. Will try it out. So, the lite version enables all features (send, receive, tor, generation of stealth addresses, shadowsend, etc) except of staking?

I tries lite version. It`s not user friendly because needs some manual interventions from the side of the user.

Have you tried to fork BTC Electrum wallet for SDC? Are there plans in this field?
No, we need to focus on having good full nodes before doing more work on lite mode.

There has been an effort for porting electrum but we'd rather have our own lite mode version.

I'd think the market would obviate that, being market users will already have a wallet running, right?

The other major class of users would be the big holders who already have staking nodes and always will. If they're not going to use the market and not going to stake coins, who would want an Electrum-type wallet?
Activity: 546
code: Hi VeritasSapere
When pointing to a path, make sure the directory you are referencing actually exists. You'll have to manually make the directory and assure that the user under which you are executing Shadow has read, write and execute rights to the directory
I did do that and it still puts it in the standard directory. I open the terminal from the folder that shadow is located, I then give this command "./shadow -datadir=/home/***/***/***". If you see anything wrong with this please let me know. I figured using a different directory would increase the security a bit, but I suppose I will just use the standard directory since I am unable to get this to work, this same method did work for other wallets. Thank you for your help however, it is not that big of a deal to get this working in this way, though I figured I am doing everything right unless I have missed something obvious here. If I put in the wrong directory it does say that the directory does not exist, when configured correctly it still puts the data into the standard directory, this is with the latest version of Shadow.
Activity: 624
Merit: 250
code: Hi VeritasSapere,

When pointing to a path, make sure the directory you are referencing actually exists. You'll have to manually make the directory and assure that the user under which you are executing Shadow has read, write and execute rights to the directory.
Activity: 546
Hello fellow ShadowCash users, I have a question. How do I change the data directory for Shadow in Ubuntu? I tried using the "-datadir={path}" command when running the shadow executable through command line, but that also did not work. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

I tried lite version. It`s not user friendly because needs some manual interventions from the side of the user.

Activity: 624
Merit: 250

Kewde is that you who works on Shadow Installer? I was wondering if it would be possible to fork BTC Electrum wallet for SDC?
Activity: 725
Merit: 501
Boycott Qatar 2022
Come on guys give him a break, he is helping some kids in a poor Indian village.  Think of the children!
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
With projects like Daemon coming out on the ETH platform what advantages does SDC have over those platforms?

What advantage does SDC market have for vendors over current DNMs on TOR browser?

Does it offer Vendors any more privacy or insurance than your typical DNM?

- Thank you

LOL! They were a tad silly blazin hahah c'mon you know the answers to those...

No, I don't think the questions were silly. I actually think they are some well thought out questions. I am curious to know myself.

Can you answer them?
I do, because blazin has been around long enough to know why a decentralized market is better then a centralized market, and he knows the reasons why it's better also, because he has asked these same questions numerous times in the past in different wording
He even came here once and told us DM users would never use our market so he must know something.... but no problem rub his ego doc, he is really innocently asking a question and im just an asshole

Ah, okay. He's one of those guys. Thanks for the heads up.  Cool
Yeah he is a SYSie troll. Check his post history.
legendary
Activity: 1214
Merit: 1000
Never compromise your standards!
With projects like Daemon coming out on the ETH platform what advantages does SDC have over those platforms?

What advantage does SDC market have for vendors over current DNMs on TOR browser?

- Thank you

No, I don't think the questions were silly. I actually think they are some well thought out questions. I am curious to know myself.

Can you answer them?
I do, because blazin has been around long enough to know why a decentralized market is better then a centralized market, and he knows the reasons why it's better also, because he has asked these same questions numerous times in the past in different wording
He even came here once and told us DM users would never use our market so he must know something.... but no problem rub his ego doc, he is really innocently asking a question and im just an asshole

Ah, okay. He's one of those guys. Thanks for the heads up.  Cool

He is one of the worst of those guys... 

On a positive note, it will be interesting to see what happens to better coins like SDC when the Bitcoin reward halves. SDC is long overdue for a hefty price increase in my opinion. In other words, I don't see many people selling SDC for half as much BTC. Grin
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
As you sow, so shall you reap.

- Thank you

Can you answer them?

Ah, okay. He's one of those guys. Thanks for the heads up.  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

- Thank you

Can you answer them?
This community is racist against me. I did not know that. Please stop im sick of it.
Activity: 672
This community is racist against me. I did not know that. Please stop im sick of it.
Pages:
Jump to: