Pages:
Author

Topic: Security and Privacy Encylopedia - page 2. (Read 2968 times)

Activity: 1722
Merit: 801
August 30, 2020, 07:48:50 AM
Using disposable emails for unimportant things is good and today I add two threads on disposable emails. Please check OP for details.
Activity: 84
Merit: 3
August 19, 2020, 08:37:39 AM
Many things has been learnt from this pandemic. cautious of security, ensure your wallet is well sure from hacker, many wallet have been hack due to lack of security.
Personal details should not be dispose anyhow not to attract any hacker in the forum.
Activity: 840
Merit: 105
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
August 15, 2020, 08:21:20 AM
~

I just want to add my past thread back in May where it was moved in Off-Topic as I posted it on Beginners and Help I guess. I haven't noticed that you made a list or I might just be blind not to notice. Enough said, I made a thread about Ethical Hacking, more likely onto common files and malicious android application attacks, that I guess, fits perfectly with the topic idea about security and privacy, and somehow IMO helpful.

[DISCUSSION] Why you shouldn't trust any anonymous files and applications.

I have already suggested in my local board to add that, yet I missed suggesting it in here too back then.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 450
August 15, 2020, 08:09:32 AM
Found new one, a thread from Baofeng  about fake pop up message for software updates. A malware that can make actions on your computers. Be careful guys.

{Warning} Mekotio: A banking trojan and a bitcoin clipboard stealing malware

Nah, dude. That was an attack news and wasn't definitely pertaining to Security and Privacy and guides to that or some sort. The thread you've mentioned was just literally a news and a little precaution with the modern attack, as I guess, the OP was meant for merely a prevention and guides to be both secured and private.

There are a lot of good threads that wasn't mentioned by the OP. I have read once on off-topic board yet I didn't remember when and where was it now.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 272
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
August 14, 2020, 03:58:52 AM
This is much more effective if we prioritize our security and safety and this thread is the place for it.

Thanks for this easy to access threads that we can visit @OcTradism, by this we can share and if we want to have much more idea about the security and privacy of our accounts, we will not hesitate to read more information regarding this. Hopefully, newbies will spend their time in this thread so that there will be no more threads about newbies seeking help about scamming and hacking in this forum. So that we can also minimize those redundancy about people looking for a thread about security and privacy where there is already a compilation of it.
Activity: 17
Merit: 2
August 14, 2020, 02:23:03 AM
Thanks for bringing this up. Thanks for giving me ideas for projects to work on soon. Smiley I am beginning to start interest in security having projects like this will give me a guide on building from scratch
 Grin
Activity: 1750
Merit: 260
Binance #SWGT and CERTIK Audited
August 13, 2020, 11:54:20 PM
Found new one, a thread from Baofeng  about fake pop up message for software updates. A malware that can make actions on your computers. Be careful guys.

{Warning} Mekotio: A banking trojan and a bitcoin clipboard stealing malware

Activity: 1750
Merit: 260
Binance #SWGT and CERTIK Audited
August 12, 2020, 02:35:19 AM

Yo.
I visited these 2 links and tried to look for their authors.  
Even though they aren't member here, I suggest that you update this and put their name on the Author list because they are the creator of these articles.
It's a way of appreciation and respect.

Here is the author profiles of the above mentioned links respectively:

Rhys Davies

These 3 articles seen on your link are written by Clem.

Here is where you'll be redirected if you click the author's name:

The other 2 articles by Clem from the link you provided:

Activity: 1358
Merit: 134
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
August 10, 2020, 08:16:56 AM
This is a good long list and right now I already read four thr3ada recommended by you OP because previously I'm having trouble with the use of the security before I'm just a person does not have using 2FA passwords because I don't make it hassle to open my applications and other software. But some of those threads enlighten me about the things I need to do right now.

Right now I'm involve in the world of cryptocurrency I think I need to make a lot of improvements right now. Once again this is a good list to keep up your work.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 6618
Currently not much available - see my websitelink
August 08, 2020, 05:18:48 PM
Nice collection!

Maybe you can add my topic to your list: Why it’s important to avoid telling everyone about your crypto holdings

It's not listed yet and would fit in very well there.  Smiley
Activity: 1540
Merit: 219
August 03, 2020, 03:20:54 AM
I'd rather spend my time visiting these threads so that I can improve my knowledge and become aware about those things that can harm my privacy.

Most of the newbies here are not that knowledgeable when it comes to this kind of situation, and this is really helpful for them and that's for sure.

These collections of post is a must read to gather information and become well-informed towards those scenarios and so they know what to do if their privacy becomes at risks. Scammers and hackers in this generation are really unpredictable and hard to capture so as soon as possible, if you don't want to become their victim, read what OP posted.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1108
July 30, 2020, 03:02:58 PM
Security and privacy is a vital aspect in cryptosphere especially, in this era of hackers and scamming being the other of the day and with the decentralized nature of cryptocurrency, one can not be too careful.
It's of note that once one way is closed, another is open so also, once a trick is disclosed and blocked, another is likely to be developed. Hence, the necessity for these topics you've gathered to ensure one hardly misses a chance that best fits the security situation one needs.
Hope you update more as it comes.
Nice idea.
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 2144
https://t1p.de/6ghrf
July 24, 2020, 09:54:35 AM
Didn’t' know this thread and I am happy that I have found it. That is a great list and will give me a long weekend with reading...  Cheesy
Also I am happy as well that my Tutorial has found its way to your list.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
July 23, 2020, 08:43:49 AM
Great post! Thank you for sharing your collection with us. It is very important to know how to keep your security, so I would recommend everyone to read a few of those articles. This is the right way of spending your free time in such a situation. Smiley
July 16, 2020, 07:34:22 AM
Just a thought, I see the list of OP topics has grown a lot lately. Wouldn't it be better to break it and group links on the base of  thematic categories? Currently the list is hard to follow and it’s easy to get lost on a subject that you’re really interested in.
Thank you.

You stepped in my shoes. This is why I delayed to update OP. I saw that post with some good topics but I need time to reconstruct OP format. After having a new format, I will update OP with several new topics.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 10532
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
July 15, 2020, 04:15:11 AM
<…> reserve it in Google Drive it's very possible to urge it back albeit it's lost.
I know companies that do not allow their employees to store sensitive data on non-private cloud based solutions such as Google Drive, Box or OneDrive. That means that, from a security point of view, those are not considered unbreachable, and thus their protocols avoid their usage for certain types of information. On a personal scale that should be considered as applicable with crypto related information too.
July 14, 2020, 08:32:21 AM
OP is updated with two threads on TikTok app and Privacy-o-meter from Blockchair.com explorer.

|
Title
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2348
June 28, 2020, 11:56:39 AM
Thank you for this useful meta-thread but I'm little bit surprised to not find any topic about multisig wallets there while it's one of the best ways to secure funds IMHO.
You just need to install a multisig wallet on your computer and another one on your smartphone to get a kind of secure 2FA wallet. Then you just need to scan the QR-code of your transaction with your smartphone when you want to send some funds.
I see two guides on it.
"multi-sig" or pay to script hash addresses (those with the 3)
Sending a transaction from a multi-signature wallet
These topics aren't dedicated to multisig wallets, they only mention it as a feature among others, and it's not their true titles.
(BTW adresses starting with 3 are not only for multisig wallets, it's for all P2SH adresses)
June 28, 2020, 11:48:39 AM
Thank you for this useful meta-thread but I'm little bit surprised to not find any topic about multisig wallets there while it's one of the best ways to secure funds IMHO.
You just need to install a multisig wallet on your computer and another one on your smartphone to get a kind of secure 2FA wallet. Then you just need to scan the QR-code of your transaction with your smartphone when you want to send some funds.
I see two guides on it.
"multi-sig" or pay to script hash addresses (those with the 3)
Sending a transaction from a multi-signature wallet
Pages:
Jump to:
© 2020, Bitcointalksearch.org