Pages:
Author

Topic: Sell all alts to buy more cheaper? - page 3. (Read 2005 times)

Activity: 1274
Merit: 252
October 14, 2017, 07:44:41 AM
With the upcoming bitcoin fork and the so called "dividend" that will be received thru bitcoin gold the price of BTC is on the rise. I am considering selling all my altcoins, even at a loss, so that i can buy more of them once bitcoin's price rises up higher.

What are your thoughts on this? Would this be a good strategy?
I think it's a good strategy, but there's no guarantee that the price of altcoins will fall lower when the bitcoin price is high, if you want to take that risk your profits may be great.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
October 14, 2017, 07:42:42 AM
I think that selling all the altcoins is good at this moment because the btc  hardfork will be on 25th.
Activity: 616
Merit: 251
October 14, 2017, 07:35:01 AM
With the upcoming bitcoin fork and the so called "dividend" that will be received thru bitcoin gold the price of BTC is on the rise. I am considering selling all my altcoins, even at a loss, so that i can buy more of them once bitcoin's price rises up higher.

Is that a good strategy? If I sell my altcoins today I'll be losing about 0.006 btc on my investment it could be a big loss for me because I have small investment on trading. But if I can recover on your idea I will gamble on it.
Activity: 282
Merit: 100
October 14, 2017, 07:23:29 AM
It's not a good idea to sell altcoins right now due to the prices are dropping. If i were on your shoes I will just hold my coins and if i have extra cash in hand i would buy more altcoins. I am pretty sure that after the fork altcoins will recover and there will be a pullback in bitcoins price. As of the moment we are not sure how much Bitcoin gold is.

This is actually what i am doing. It is still your decision and still your strategy how you could earn more profit.
I think it depends on what profits in alts a person had already made. I mean if you bought it at $1, it raised to $5 and now dropped to $3, you can sell it all and you don't lose anything, you may only regret that if you had sold it couple of days earlier you would get more, but it's still more then you had invested so it's good for you. Then you go all in for bitcoin, then sell both bitcoin and the fork and buy your altcoin probably for $4, but with a lot of people dumping bitcoin you can expect it to get to $6 so you are still profiting. Quite risky, but I think the situation in that case is predictable enough to know that now the altcoins are low, but they will skyrocket after the fork and bitcoin will be dumped at least to some extend.
Activity: 966
Merit: 513
October 14, 2017, 07:11:10 AM

Of course this has always been a trading strategy in cryptocurrency but it may not really work out this time because of the after effect of the Bitcoin fork. Mark my word, the dumping of Bitcoin immediately after the fork will likely strengthen the altcoins and not weaken them. So, I advise you still keep your losing altcoins while you may sell off only those in profit.
But if someone sells out his altcoins for just two weeks before the November fork, then this deal should work fine. Also, if not all then selling out at least half amount of altcoins for the sake of bitcoin would not be a bad move. Unlike you, I have full trust in the potential of bitcoin and by watching its past survival plus the present performance, we can say that every dump is basically a symbol of big pump.

As bitcoin even altcoins are also bumps up all the time along with bitcoin whenever bitcoin raises, there are many coins in altcoins list still there are many people investing into ICO token sale purchases and buying top altcoins.  Last time in August 1st we all trolls the bitcoin price dump in the time it happened but now we all supporting bitcoin. Block size may not increases like last time. Please be careful in the time next hard fork like last time.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
October 14, 2017, 07:00:09 AM

i think it is not good idea because bit coin and alt coin has more demand present. so you just keep hold it otherwise you need to face more problems. so my suggestion is keep bit coin and alt coins with you don't sell it is. in the future it has more booming. not only bit coin present alt coins also has good demand so you just try to keep it hold.seriously in the future it's price may goes increase.
Merit: 250
October 14, 2017, 06:51:52 AM
Many people does that because of it dumping so much and BTC have an very bullish chart which can be great for people but actually alts loosing price but ETH and XRP are going to rise if BTC dump.
Activity: 364
Merit: 107
October 14, 2017, 06:24:16 AM
It's not a good idea to sell altcoins right now due to the prices are dropping. If i were on your shoes I will just hold my coins and if i have extra cash in hand i would buy more altcoins. I am pretty sure that after the fork altcoins will recover and there will be a pullback in bitcoins price. As of the moment we are not sure how much Bitcoin gold is.

This is actually what i am doing. It is still your decision and still your strategy how you could earn more profit.
Activity: 910
Merit: 509
October 14, 2017, 04:27:03 AM

Of course this has always been a trading strategy in cryptocurrency but it may not really work out this time because of the after effect of the Bitcoin fork. Mark my word, the dumping of Bitcoin immediately after the fork will likely strengthen the altcoins and not weaken them. So, I advise you still keep your losing altcoins while you may sell off only those in profit.
But if someone sells out his altcoins for just two weeks before the November fork, then this deal should work fine. Also, if not all then selling out at least half amount of altcoins for the sake of bitcoin would not be a bad move. Unlike you, I have full trust in the potential of bitcoin and by watching its past survival plus the present performance, we can say that every dump is basically a symbol of big pump.
Activity: 291
Merit: 250
October 13, 2017, 07:46:15 PM
That s a good idea.
Sell all BTC, start to get in.

I think Altcoin ll jump too, not quite sure to start to buy it.
All time highest ll be made by every coins probably.
Merit: 502
October 13, 2017, 07:39:19 PM
Selling altcoins now to buy cheaper is the same in selling low buy lower. That is one of my strategy in trading that helps me a lot because when i saw that the market is going into a bearish market then i am already preparing for selling my altcoins and just waiting for the price of altcoins to go even lower so i can buy at a cheaper rate and get more quantities.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 252
October 13, 2017, 07:16:29 PM
never a good idea to sell for a lost in my opinion .IF you think the altcoin are goods and have potential hold then .
Activity: 14
October 13, 2017, 06:54:26 PM
Buy low and sell high, not buy low and sell low. Dumping your alts while you're at a a loss is just silly imo, with all this new liquidity from bitcoin altcoins will get pumped soon. Just wait your turn .
Activity: 112
October 13, 2017, 06:48:35 PM
Alts are down because of BTC. Once Bitcoin becomes stable alts will go up. Do not sell in loss.
Activity: 378
Merit: 105
Active forum member, A+ poster, PM good sign camp.
October 13, 2017, 06:13:04 PM
What are my thoughts on this? it is the same mentality people have on this market, including myself, this is the very ugly problem when a single coin is the leader above all the great other coins, alts are highly undervalued since they have great projects and an even amazing team behind them trying to put something real into work ( I am only talking about the best altcoins), if a single coin is the leader the market is shit, the market is corrupt and is only profitable for people wanting more money and more power.
Activity: 95
October 13, 2017, 04:30:27 PM
You selling your alt to buy cheaper doesnt necessarily mean you will win, if you are selling at a loss then first check the intensity of the loss if its something you can bear incase the price of alt later refuse to rise to compliment your loss. Thats only if you are sure the % rise of alts will be great to give you enough profit. Personally i dont recommend that but it can pay you well if you play your cards well. Cheers
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1225
Once a man, twice a child!
October 13, 2017, 01:56:01 PM

Activity: 4
October 13, 2017, 08:06:06 AM
Well Im pretty sure its too late to sell your alts now...selling them now I consider very bad move
Activity: 106
October 13, 2017, 07:50:24 AM

I am not sure if that will really works, yes bitcoin is in positive position that its price will surely increase.
But you can't make sure that altcoins will continue to drop its price so for me I think you should choose the best approach that you will not regret. Goodluck OP.

The idea is correct but the difficulty is timing it appropriately. You need to ensure that you can buy your alts at a later date for a lower price, I could be wrong but I think they are nearing rock bottom now and will begin to recover.
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
October 13, 2017, 07:45:55 AM

I am not sure if that will really works, yes bitcoin is in positive position that its price will surely increase.
But you can't make sure that altcoins will continue to drop its price so for me I think you should choose the best approach that you will not regret. Goodluck OP.
Pages:
Jump to: