Pages:
Author

Topic: Sell your altcoins and tokens TODAY, save yourself the frustration - page 6. (Read 5461 times)

Activity: 442
Merit: 11
In this matter, opinions are likely to be divided.  Yes, BTC undoubtedly dominates the cryptocurrency market, but altcoins can make a profit with the right actions of a trader who knows his business and fully controls all possible risks.  A good idea is to sell all altcoin assets and invest the funds received in BTC.  But in the market now it is better to invest in crypto rather than sell.  How many people, so many opinions, everyone will decide.
Activity: 155
Merit: 1
i have a lot of altcoins and i am hoping for the best. Most of these altcoins are currently worthless so selling it now is as easy as giving it away for free, which i intend not to. am going to hodl as long as it takes because i truly believe in what new projects have to offer and how we can make it from altcoins and even though btc dominance is crazy right now, there are many people who make it with altcoins compared to making it with btc
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1179
I don't get some people, they rush into some nameless projects just cause they saw huge promises of high profit after the end of ico or ieo..when that doesn't happen they come here and cry about it. Not all alts are shitcoins, people should learn to make a difference. And profit doesn't come over night, be patient with your investment couple years at least.
Now we have so many people that invested in bitcoin on top, or some other alt, many of them are down big time from their ath prices, even more people that invested in some scam project that lost value in days after listing, and its a mess, don't make that to discourage you, there are still quality services, good alts, awesome possibilities, but its just harder to find that.
Activity: 1946
Merit: 112
You know how this is going to end. You might be trying to lie to yourself, you might be secretly hoping that some token in your "portfolio" that you have 10 million of is going to moon to $50 and make you rich, but let's be real: that is not going to happen. Even the allegedly strong altcoins like LTC or ETH or whatever is cool these days (I've been out of this game for a while) are not doing well and BTC dominance is growing. Which makes sense if you think about it. BTC can do most of what any altcoin can do and the few really useful features that BTC is missing (private transactions for example) are implemented by multiple altcoins, fragmenting their market share.

And the elephant in the room: 99% of altcoins are total garbage. They're called shitcoins for a reason.

Sell your altcoins and tokens. Take the proceeds in BTC, stick it into a cold wallet, keep some online to play around with Lightning and other things that actually matter for real-life stuff, like being able to buy something. When was the last time you were able to use for example Ethereum for something tangible, not to buy some garbage tokens or to play a game?

Do it today. Your grandkids will thank you.

Well, for me personally, for now, the transfer of their crypto assets only to BTC is not very relevant. I have chosen my strategy and try to stick to it. Of course, if I have the opportunity in the next 1 to 2 months to buy BTC, then I will do it, but now I'm going the other way. Actually, here is my strategy. I now mainly hold tokens of promising projects, which, in my opinion, already in 2020 can make a profit. I believe that very soon 1 - 2 years there will be another good growth of the crypto market, but then there will be a not very good situation. And on this basis, you need to make money. And I think that it’s not particularly important what you will hold: BTC, or top altcoin, or tokens of promising projects. Everything should make a profit.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
The dominance of bitcoin is becoming bigger by the day but I still feel altcoins also have it place, we cannot totally rule out the place of altcoins

Are you sure about that? Because during the past few weeks, the Bitcoin dominance has actually fallen quite significantly. Two months back, the Bitcoin dominance was measured at 71% in coinmarketcap, and this figure has fallen to 66% now. Some of the altcoins (especially Ethereum and Ripple) have made strong comebacks and the current trends also point to an increasing share for the altcoins.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 281
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
It is necessary to divide your portfolio into a large number of altcoins and something from it will certainly grow.

That's actually the wrong strategy. You can lose more money by diversifying your investments this way. Read this thread for more details about altcoin diversification and why it's a bad idea: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/is-diversification-into-different-coins-really-a-good-advice-for-newbies-5199926
not entirely bad if determined for the desired period of time, diversification is very effective for balancing assets, not all altcoins have the same trend so that they can cover each other's losses and profits. the most important thing is how wise the strategy is done. profit quantity (alt) often defeats the profit quality logic (btc)
Activity: 532
Merit: 302
It is necessary to divide your portfolio into a large number of altcoins and something from it will certainly grow.

That's actually the wrong strategy. You can lose more money by diversifying your investments this way. Read this thread for more details about altcoin diversification and why it's a bad idea: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/is-diversification-into-different-coins-really-a-good-advice-for-newbies-5199926
Activity: 1470
Merit: 521
No more Rekt and Bust
It is just funny that people expect the time like the days bitcoin newly started to come again. I doubt if that can be in the current generation. Selling of one's alts at the time the price makes sense is the real deal now. Hoping for a miraculous skyrocketing of a not-well-known altcoin is practically impossible.
Almost all new investors become shocked when they see the small market cap is skyrocketed by the market. It is likely possible but the altcoin's price doesn't stay at the mentioned levels for a long time, the investors rush to dump the price before it becomes too late. I don't deny the possibilities of a surge in top altcoins but it is expected by everyone and everyone holds the same altcoin in their investment portfolio.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 105
It's too late to sell my altcoins because now they cost almost nothing...
So I will wait for altseason or hold them just for fun...
Activity: 602
Merit: 12
I do not agree with you. I think that 99 percent of altcoins are rubbish, but among the heap of rubbish you can really find something that will really cost a lot, you just need to filter out most of the rubbish, and leave only what really has the prospect, and of course, my friends should not forget about the risks. It is necessary to divide your portfolio into a large number of altcoins and something from it will certainly grow.
Activity: 532
Merit: 302
There are quite a few that have a hope though. These are the ones that have an actual developing team and the people involved are skilled and enjoy their involvement, without only looking for short term gains.
Right now there are established coins that are working and don't give up and people that want to succeed and not only get rich quick after a short pump.

That might be the only somewhat legit reason to hold such coins but I would consider that more like a form of moral support for developers than a gainful investment. Technological innovation is not a guarantee of profit. It needs a lot of other things to be successful including marketing and lots of good old-fashioned luck.
Not everyone is interested in crypto and blockchain for making a profit, many investors are here for tehcolgoy+blockahin facilities. The developing projects have a good chance to change the look of the crypto ecosystem but only strong teams have a persistent vision. As an advantage of adoption, the more people will be able to change their lives, the unbanked people have the chance to use financial projects, for example.

I should have said "success" instead of "profit". So you're right, success doesn't have to be just profit. I would still say that in order to achieve success you need more than the technology. There have been many technologically-superior products that never caught on or lost out to inferior ones. But I can understand if someone is holding a coin as a form of support for the team or the technology or the idea. I'm more concerned about those who are waiting for "altcoin season" and expecting profit.
Activity: 646
Merit: 100
tozex.io
Well, you spoke well, actually there are some altcoins that are not worth holding, that is why before buying altcoins, one should do proper research ,if you know you hold good altcoin, then there isn't any frustration to save, but one should have his major investment in BTC
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
Well... it is up to the individual to decide whether they want to sell their altcoins, or hold on to them. In my case, I had sold most of my alts in 2018. Back then, I was a bit reluctant as the prices were really low. However the decision to sell the coins was the right one, as their prices went down even further during 2018-19. But this is my experience and the outcome may be different for others.
Activity: 448
Merit: 1
It is just funny that people expect the time like the days bitcoin newly started to come again. I doubt if that can be in the current generation. Selling of one's alts at the time the price makes sense is the real deal now. Hoping for a miraculous skyrocketing of a not-well-known altcoin is practically impossible.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 658
Looking for gigs
You know how this is going to end. You might be trying to lie to yourself, you might be secretly hoping that some token in your "portfolio" that you have 10 million of is going to moon to $50 and make you rich, but let's be real: that is not going to happen. Even the allegedly strong altcoins like LTC or ETH or whatever is cool these days (I've been out of this game for a while) are not doing well and BTC dominance is growing. Which makes sense if you think about it. BTC can do most of what any altcoin can do and the few really useful features that BTC is missing (private transactions for example) are implemented by multiple altcoins, fragmenting their market share.

And the elephant in the room: 99% of altcoins are total garbage. They're called shitcoins for a reason.

Sell your altcoins and tokens. Take the proceeds in BTC, stick it into a cold wallet, keep some online to play around with Lightning and other things that actually matter for real-life stuff, like being able to buy something. When was the last time you were able to use for example Ethereum for something tangible, not to buy some garbage tokens or to play a game?

Do it today. Your grandkids will thank you.

+1 merit for you buddy!

For me, you are absolutely correct! Long ago, I already sold some of my valuable altcoins and move them either to BTC or ETH (and even converting some to fiat). I kept them in my cold wallet for now, as I don’t see altcoins gonna for a very long time.

As for the rest? They are shitcoins with shit value now, and I can’t even afford to transfer them (because their value is way below gas fee lol).

The reality is this for both existing and new projects.

- Partnerships with XXX companies won’t help or guarantee pumping the token price.
- Product development updates or “just finished our MVP” won’t help or guarantee pumping the token price.
- Token burn announcements won’t help or guarantee pumping the token price.
- Newly appointed Chief “Bla Bla Bla” Officer or advisor won’t help or guarantee pumping the token price.
- Development team showing up at “Bla Bla Bla” conferences or summits (or even taking a selfie with Faketoshi) won’t help or guarantee pumping the token price.

The ICO/IEO/STO market is dying and saturated now. Only less than 0.01% of the projects are actually successful now in maintaining the price and the excitement of the community.

My little piece of advice. Create your own “win-win” shit that will make everybody happy and satisfied for a very long time.

Activity: 1274
Merit: 264
Not a good idea because i am for a long term investment and holding my altcoins for a very long time and i think they will surely pumps up when the time comes and you know the saying "Patience is a Virtue".

And i know its a good idea to sell some altcoins today because of the price of bitcoin will rise up soon but the assets value will decrease.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
There are quite a few that have a hope though. These are the ones that have an actual developing team and the people involved are skilled and enjoy their involvement, without only looking for short term gains.
Right now there are established coins that are working and don't give up and people that want to succeed and not only get rich quick after a short pump.

That might be the only somewhat legit reason to hold such coins but I would consider that more like a form of moral support for developers than a gainful investment. Technological innovation is not a guarantee of profit. It needs a lot of other things to be successful including marketing and lots of good old-fashioned luck.
Not everyone is interested in crypto and blockchain for making a profit, many investors are here for tehcolgoy+blockahin facilities. The developing projects have a good chance to change the look of the crypto ecosystem but only strong teams have a persistent vision. As an advantage of adoption, the more people will be able to change their lives, the unbanked people have the chance to use financial projects, for example.
Activity: 994
Merit: 100
I also think like you and I have also changed all the tokens that I have on bitcoin, for some reason I don't really trust tokens anymore because most of them just throw away prices
Activity: 1568
Merit: 324
https://duelbits.com/
Maybe your advice should we reconsider because there is still plenty of time to go in the future waiting for altcoin which already has the potential to rise, it is true that some altcoins can be said to be rubbish because the price is not going up, but there are some altcoins that we have to save for the future come because I will definitely survive like BTC now, but this all depends on our respective beliefs.
Activity: 149
Merit: 2
The dominance of bitcoin is becoming bigger by the day but I still feel altcoins also have it place, we cannot totally rule out the place of altcoins
Pages:
Jump to: