Pages:
Author

Topic: Sell your altcoins and tokens TODAY, save yourself the frustration - page 8. (Read 5461 times)

Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
only a few coins have a few characteristics that are different from bitcoin, like privacy coins, but the rest do not bring anything to the market and deserve to disappear.

Even that is just a matter of time. Schnorr signatures and Taproot soft fork that could happen some time next year would bring privacy features to Bitcoin. This works both ways. Altcoins can improve on Bitcoin and add new features, and that's great. But if the idea is worthwhile then Bitcoin can also take it and implement.
I always thought that the mission of altcoins was to try all kind of crazy ideas to see if they work, if altcoins were doing this I will have no problem with them because even if they fail at least we'll know that is a path bitcoin should not take because it leads nowhere, but that is not what we see, what we see is a bunch of altcoins that are just copying the code of bitcoin, making a few cosmetic changes to it and then saying that they improved the code and all of those altcoins should not be in this market.
Activity: 532
Merit: 302
your saying that you know everything or you know the truth about those tokens and altcoins  . what is your background ? are you one of those devs ? or are you a time traveller to say those things like you mean it ?  what i know is that the world of cryptos are totally unpredictable  . no one knows or no people can possibly state or predict thier total outcome  . all cryptos including the shittiest ones can possibly recover or possibly be listed and have its own value anytime of the day  . so i will still continue to hodl all my tokens and altcoins whether you like it or not .

Yes, I'm a time traveler from 2015. Bitcoin was the top coin then and one altcoin boom later it's still the top coin but many top 10 or top 100 altcoins are gone. You're saying that a miracle can happen and I'm saying it's silly to bet on a miracle.
copper member
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
CINEMADROM ⥋ BLOCKCHAIN FILM PLATFORM
It is understandable that people are getting disappointed in crypto currencies, because science 2017 there is no market improvement, but the hope is still alive and the mass adoption is increasing so no need for worries.
Activity: 1492
Merit: 269
This is a good idea but it is only natural that we are frustrated by these events especially since the market has not fully recovered from the previous dump. For now it's better to look at every single coin we have and choose it here that really has the potential to rise in price. So that our frustration will be reduced as well.
Best thing if selling altcoin today without waiting for tomorrow or next year because price can be down, many people trust with holding for long term they can increase of altcoin assets but is wrong with price always down for long term beside bitcoin price have down.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 118
your saying that you know everything or you know the truth about those tokens and altcoins  . what is your background ? are you one of those devs ? or are you a time traveller to say those things like you mean it ?  what i know is that the world of cryptos are totally unpredictable  . no one knows or no people can possibly state or predict thier total outcome  . all cryptos including the shittiest ones can possibly recover or possibly be listed and have its own value anytime of the day  . so i will still continue to hodl all my tokens and altcoins whether you like it or not .
Activity: 1273
Merit: 507
This is a good idea but it is only natural that we are frustrated by these events especially since the market has not fully recovered from the previous dump. For now it's better to look at every single coin we have and choose it here that really has the potential to rise in price. So that our frustration will be reduced as well.
Even if I agree with the OP statement in a big percentage he is missing an important thing. The liquidity on altcoins is very low and we can't know if institutional funds will pour into them eventually. Personally I think they will do and when that happens we will probably see those spectacular gains again. IMO it is worth the risk reward equation Wink

Low liquidity is a bad thing, don't make sound like a good thing. It means than any big bag holder which are usual with premined shitcoins can dump and crash the coin at any time. Institutional investors will not put their money into that kind of risk.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1035
Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins
Even if I agree with the OP statement in a big percentage he is missing an important thing. The liquidity on altcoins is very low and we can't know if institutional funds will pour into them eventually. Personally I think they will do and when that happens we will probably see those spectacular gains again. IMO it is worth the risk reward equation Wink
only a few coins have a few characteristics that are different from bitcoin, like privacy coins, but the rest do not bring anything to the market and deserve to disappear.

Even that is just a matter of time. Schnorr signatures and Taproot soft fork that could happen some time next year would bring privacy features to Bitcoin. This works both ways. Altcoins can improve on Bitcoin and add new features, and that's great. But if the idea is worthwhile then Bitcoin can also take it and implement.
I don't think all the new altcoins appear like that, there are some that have the potential for investment short-term or long-term and i have some tokens that I've gotten since 2017. Now, I still hold some because i believe the project won't die
And how many times are we going to hear the same story over and over again? How many times do we need to hear the same excuses? Investors are tired, it is not really a surprise the bitcoin dominance is above 65% and at some point during this year it was above 70%, altcoins have failed at their promise of trying to improve the code of bitcoin, everything that altcoins do bitcoin can do better and only a few coins have a few characteristics that are different from bitcoin, like privacy coins, but the rest do not bring anything to the market and deserve to disappear.
maybe holding bitcoin is a good idea, but the high price makes most people have it in small amounts. but, if holding coins like ethereum, BNB, LTC, I think it's still quite worth it. Well, if you hold those coins from the beginning of 2019, you have also benefited from them. like ethereum, at the beginning of the year 2019 the price was $ 133, and now the price is almost $ 200, if you have that in large quantities,  you get a profit that is not inferior to bitcoin, and this applies to altcoin which also has a price development since the beginning of the year 2019.

Both ETH and LTC are lagging BTC in 2019.

https://coinlib.io/compare/2019-01-01/BTC/ETH/LTC

Click for full size image
Activity: 2072
Merit: 503
I agree to sell my altcoin if it is a coin that is not included in the popular coin. but, I might continue to hold popular altcoins moreover like Ehtereum which has quite a promising development in 2020.

maybe holding bitcoin is a good idea, but the high price makes most people have it in small amounts. but, if holding coins like ethereum, BNB, LTC, I think it's still quite worth it. Well, if you hold those coins from the beginning of 2019, you have also benefited from them. like ethereum, at the beginning of the year 2019 the price was $ 133, and now the price is almost $ 200, if you have that in large quantities,  you get a profit that is not inferior to bitcoin, and this applies to altcoin which also has a price development since the beginning of the year 2019.

change my mind  Roll Eyes
   Where that frustration comes from? Unfulfilled dreams and expectations? Around this forum I see many disappointed people.
Luckily I'm not one of them, I plan to hold my alt-coins and tokens.
   Some of them will go to zero, but some of them will rise high. I don't know which one, so I have both. It's risky and I know it,
we should all know that dealing with crypto-currencies can be very risky.
   Don't invest more then you can lose! I don't care if I lose, but I would eat myself from the inside if I sell now and coin become
successful in the future.

I would appreciate if you could read before posting in this thread. I don't want this to become spam thread.

I had already explained many times why I created this thread and it's not frustration. Many users already said "some coins will go down some coins will go up". Please read more than just the first post and take part in the discussion. Thanks.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 257
You know how this is going to end. You might be trying to lie to yourself, you might be secretly hoping that some token in your "portfolio" that you have 10 million of is going to moon to $50 and make you rich, but let's be real: that is not going to happen. Even the allegedly strong altcoins like LTC or ETH or whatever is cool these days (I've been out of this game for a while) are not doing well and BTC dominance is growing. Which makes sense if you think about it. BTC can do most of what any altcoin can do and the few really useful features that BTC is missing (private transactions for example) are implemented by multiple altcoins, fragmenting their market share.

And the elephant in the room: 99% of altcoins are total garbage. They're called shitcoins for a reason.

Sell your altcoins and tokens. Take the proceeds in BTC, stick it into a cold wallet, keep some online to play around with Lightning and other things that actually matter for real-life stuff, like being able to buy something. When was the last time you were able to use for example Ethereum for something tangible, not to buy some garbage tokens or to play a game?

Do it today. Your grandkids will thank you.
I agree with your opinion - you cannot be so naive and believe in a miracle. The time of miracles has passed. Tokens should be disposed of immediately while their price is acceptable, and you should not wait until their price drops and becomes zero. It is best to buy bitcoins or altcoins from the top 10 for the money received.
I don't think all the new altcoins appear like that, there are some that have the potential for investment short-term or long-term and i have some tokens that I've gotten since 2017. Now, I still hold some because i believe the project won't die
Activity: 728
Merit: 10
You know how this is going to end. You might be trying to lie to yourself, you might be secretly hoping that some token in your "portfolio" that you have 10 million of is going to moon to $50 and make you rich, but let's be real: that is not going to happen. Even the allegedly strong altcoins like LTC or ETH or whatever is cool these days (I've been out of this game for a while) are not doing well and BTC dominance is growing. Which makes sense if you think about it. BTC can do most of what any altcoin can do and the few really useful features that BTC is missing (private transactions for example) are implemented by multiple altcoins, fragmenting their market share.

And the elephant in the room: 99% of altcoins are total garbage. They're called shitcoins for a reason.

Sell your altcoins and tokens. Take the proceeds in BTC, stick it into a cold wallet, keep some online to play around with Lightning and other things that actually matter for real-life stuff, like being able to buy something. When was the last time you were able to use for example Ethereum for something tangible, not to buy some garbage tokens or to play a game?

I agree with your opinion - you cannot be so naive and believe in a miracle. The time of miracles has passed. Tokens should be disposed of immediately while their price is acceptable, and you should not wait until their price drops and becomes zero. It is best to buy bitcoins or altcoins from the top 10 for the money received.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 261
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
   Where that frustration comes from? Unfulfilled dreams and expectations? Around this forum I see many disappointed people.
Luckily I'm not one of them, I plan to hold my alt-coins and tokens.
   Some of them will go to zero, but some of them will rise high. I don't know which one, so I have both. It's risky and I know it,
we should all know that dealing with crypto-currencies can be very risky.
   Don't invest more then you can lose! I don't care if I lose, but I would eat myself from the inside if I sell now and coin become
successful in the future.
This thread is what I am really looking for all this time. finally, i found the same opinion as me
i sold almost all my shitcoins months ago. i dont care wether i get big loss or not, but i just make sure i wont get bigger lose in the future
there is no hope for altcoins in this time, that's why i prefer to sell my coins to avoid big lose
what if altseason will happen soon? of course i will start buying too. at least i can get lower buying price than i sold my coins
You did well, while there are some investors that will criticize your attitude the truth is that even good coins can crash from time to time but at least you know those coins will recover in the future, but this is not the case with bad coins, you already took a bad decision by buying those coins do not make the mistake of holding those coins for too long, it is better to take a loss even if it significant than to wait too long and lose all your capital.
Activity: 42
Merit: 2

The first and most obvious is best explained with a simple phrase. Opportunity Cost. What is the next best option? That's what this opportunity is costing you. By weighing the opportunity cost, you get a good look at whether your money would make more money elsewhere. If it will, you're getting bigger gains by realizing a loss.
The second I'll cover here is much more complex and touches on tax strategies (USA, not familiar with taxes elsewhere). It's called Tax Gain/Loss Harvesting. You're in crypto, so you've had a rocking year. The year is closing out and your tax liability is looming. You can strategically realize some losses, which offsets your gains. This is complicated and should be discussed with a tax professional that is familiar with cryptocurrency trading, but realizing losses is a strategy that is used in the stock market as well.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 333
I refuse to believe that its the end for all people who hold on to altcoins for long term, i know its profitable to buy bitcoin for short term because of its quick recovery but altcoin time will return no matter how worsen things way be

I think it's the other way round, BTC wins out in the long term while some alts may or may not make gains in the short term.

There might be reasons for people to hold alts. Maybe they believe in the project and want to support it even at a loss. Maybe they need it to conduct business. But I think it's crazy to hold alts hoping for alt season that may never come and even if it comes it will not be the way most bag holders imagine it.
totally support project for long time will need more sacrifice,we will suffered loss for long time when developer team could not deliver product yet to inventors.for them that still have trust , it will be their Faith and prefer waiting although it could make them stress. Holding altcoin must have deadline time ,when we ha to sell it before price continuesly drop again.
I refuse to believe that its the end for all people who hold on to altcoins for long term, i know its profitable to buy bitcoin for short term because of its quick recovery but altcoin time will return no matter how worsen things way be

I think it's the other way round, BTC wins out in the long term while some alts may or may not make gains in the short term.

There might be reasons for people to hold alts. Maybe they believe in the project and want to support it even at a loss. Maybe they need it to conduct business. But I think it's crazy to hold alts hoping for alt season that may never come and even if it comes it will not be the way most bag holders imagine it.
Pages:
Jump to: