Pages:
Author

Topic: Selling Rolex Oyster Perpetual Air-King - 100 BTC - page 12. (Read 15325 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Yeah, I can take another picture tomorrow sometime, hopefully.

Tripped to hard and dropped my phone.

Why don't you love it back to health?
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002
You cannot kill love
Yeah, I can take another picture tomorrow sometime, hopefully.

Tripped too hard and dropped my phone.
Why not real?

The watch is upside down (6 at the top, 12 at the bottom) in that photo.

If you can flip it and retake the photo, I'll believe you have physical access to that watch and aren't just using a stock photo.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Serial number dank.  By the way, you haven't addressed the question of whether the receipt for the original purchase of the watch is available.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026
Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012
^^^^^

@ Dank:  Could you of taken any more of a darkened picture?   Your killing me here.  Smiley

D
legendary
You cannot kill love
Why not real?

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
daytrader/superhero
Depends on how good the fake is...I used to do watch repair, and I've seen some pretty bad ones. I'm not familiar with this model in particular, but the fakes were generally obvious from the case, case back, date magnifier, crown, clasp, lack of kinetic winding, or second hand movement. There are a lot of things that give away a fake, even through pictures and videos.

That said, you can spot a cheap fake, but not a good one.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
I've gotta see this....it's either fake or stolen.

The only way you could really do this is to send the watch to the recipient and let them take it to a Rolex dealer for authentication before the funds were released.  Of course then you have to trust that the recipient will be truthful about the authentication and either release the funds if the watch is genuine or return it if they don't wish to complete the transaction because it's fake.

When you post the pics, you might want to post the original receipt (showing the serial number) for the watch dank.  If it's not from an actual Rolex dealer, forget it.

http://reviews.ebay.com/HOW-TO-DETERMINE-IF-A-ROLEX-IS-A-FAKE-OR-AUTHENTIC?ugid=10000000007996885

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
daytrader/superhero
legendary
It is my friends, he wants BTC for it.  Post pics in a moment.

Thank you.  I am kinda of a watch collector as well. 
legendary
You cannot kill love
It is my friends, he wants BTC for it.  Post pics in a moment.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2156
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
has anyone stop to think, that maybe dank is selling some stuff in order to buy a motorcycle, guitar, lots of lighter fluid, and lumber + labor? If you don't buy his stuff, then you are depriving the world of a motorcycle stunt guitarist  Grin
Activity: 157
Merit: 103
An escrow service and an authorized Rolex dealer should be a pretty safe way to do this.

I am a rolex nut myself so post some pics. If it is a marginal or bad fake I think I could tell (not saying you shouldnt do escrow anyway).
Activity: 210

I guess that is the only way he could of gotten that watch.   

You're right, you're right. I'm jumping to conclusions. After all, it's not like Dank is a delusional 18 year old kid who has never achieved anything in his life.

And with that fact in mind, I'd be extremely careful if you are considering buying this watch.

The new fakes that are coming out of Hong Kong are extremely good, and practically indistinguishable from the real thing. You have absolutely no chance of determining from a photograph alone. Even an expert would have trouble telling from a photograph.

The Air King is a very simplistic watch and particularly easy to fake, as Rolex models go. It also is one of the only Rolex watches to have a quartz movement. Traditionally, you could always spot a fake Rolex because they have quartz movements which make the second hand "tick" as it goes round. The real ones are mechanical and have a smooth "sweep". However with the Air King even the real ones "tick", making it extra hard to tell.

The last thing I'd ever do is buy a Rolex with Bitcoin. Especially not this model, from this guy.

Would you buy a Rolex from an 18 year old stoner kid in the street for cash?

You could be wearing it for a long time, then when you get it repaired or you try to sell it you are told that it's a fake.

Really the only place you should buy a Rolex is from an approved Rolex dealer, or at the very least a long established and reputable bricks and mortar 2nd hand watch store.
legendary
This is unreal, what are you doing with a £1500 watch? And all that bullion?

You're such a spoiled little shit, no wonder you think the world revolves around you. Your rich parents have probably catered to your every whim, and now they've cut you off you are selling all the shit they've given you. You're pathetic.

I guess that is the only way he could of gotten that watch.   

Anyways, can we see a picture of your timepiece? 
Activity: 210
This is unreal, what are you doing with a £1500 watch? And all that bullion?

You're such a spoiled little shit, no wonder you think the world revolves around you. Your rich parents have probably catered to your every whim, and now they've cut you off you are selling all the shit they've given you. You're pathetic.
legendary
You cannot kill love
Comes with nice green padded case, owners manual, and the watch of course!

Give a reasonable offer.  Will post pictures tomorrow.

Pages:
Jump to: