Pages:
Author

Topic: Selling Rolex Oyster Perpetual Air-King - 100 BTC - page 8. (Read 15325 times)

copper member
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032
Why don't we have a world where we can trust everybody rather than no one?  It would be much simpler if the untrustworthy outted theirselves.  The truth is always revealed with time.

Because Lawyers would be out of work.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002
You cannot kill love
Why don't we have a world where we can trust everybody rather than no one?  It would be much simpler if the untrustworthy outted theirselves.  The truth is always revealed with time.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
J-Norm

Welcome to bitcointalk.

I am a foreigner in this land. I am starting to realize that what I consider to be proper may not match the culture I have exposed myself to. Perhaps this sort of thing is perfectly acceptable behavior in this land and if so please excuse the ignorance of this wayfarer.

It's just that people have reason to be suspicious around here because we've had a lot of scammers.  When people are trying to sell a high value item for BTC and it's known that item is frequently counterfeited, the onus is going to be on them to prove the authenticity of the item.  Someone new to the boards trying to sell a similar item would have been given a much harder time than dank was, but even long-standing members don't get the benefit of the doubt just because they've been around for a while and nor should they.

I think a brick and mortar shop that specializes in watches should know what they are selling, but who knows.

You would think so.  But then you'd think they would have gone to the trouble of getting a certificate of authenticity, too.  I have little doubt that dank will send the watch.  He just mightn't get the price he wants without the certificate if the person who buys it is looking to sell it down the track.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I was sold fake watches that are worth almost nothing here.  Suspicion is warranted.  Rolexes are often counterfeited and some of the copies are very accurate. Even with this watch and the information so far, the only real way to know if it is real is to have a professional look at it.  They usually need to open it and look at the movement.  Personally I do think that this watch is real but I am not an expert. 

The going rate on ebay for this watch in good condition fully working is about $1500 though if you go for auctions and get lucky $1200 is possible. 

Update:  I called Wingate's and the invoice is legitimate.  I verified the purchase date, invoice # and amount.   Now to finalize the process we would need to match the serial number with the number on the invoice and at that point, it would be the real deal.

Given the image of the receipt and the fact that is has been corroborated, I think it now comes down to if you think the store is capable of authenticated the watch and if you trust that it will actually be sent.

I think a brick and mortar shop that specializes in watches should know what they are selling, but who knows.
J-Norm

Welcome to bitcointalk.

I am a foreigner in this land. I am starting to realize that what I consider to be proper may not match the culture I have exposed myself to. Perhaps this sort of thing is perfectly acceptable behavior in this land and if so please excuse the ignorance of this wayfarer.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004
This place sure is suspicious. I suppose suspicion is healthy but really if you don't think something is legit you can just move on, if you are really worried then post your concerns once. However this thread has basically been trolled by the same people posting over and over who have no actual interest in participating in the transaction.

This might be legit, it might not be. But accusations without evidence is about as tacky as scamming. A word of caution may be warranted but pages and pages of accusations are out of line. If you had a good point then a single post should suffice to make it, if people are not convinced the repeating yourself over and over will not help.

I was sold fake watches that are worth almost nothing here.  Suspicion is warranted.  Rolexes are often counterfeited and some of the copies are very accurate. Even with this watch and the information so far, the only real way to know if it is real is to have a professional look at it.  They usually need to open it and look at the movement.  Personally I do think that this watch is real but I am not an expert. 

The going rate on ebay for this watch in good condition fully working is about $1500 though if you go for auctions and get lucky $1200 is possible. 
BCB
vip
Activity: 1078
BCJ
J-Norm

Welcome to bitcointalk.
This place sure is suspicious. I suppose suspicion is healthy but really if you don't think something is legit you can just move on, if you are really worried then post your concerns once. However this thread has basically been trolled by the same people posting over and over who have no actual interest in participating in the transaction.

This might be legit, it might not be. But accusation without evidence is about as tacky as scamming. A word of caution may be warranted but pages and pages of accusations are out of line. If you had a good point then a single post should suffice to make it, if people are not convinced then repeating yourself over and over will not help.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026
Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012
No worries.

I have also posted an update on the other posting and locked it, pending a deletion.
legendary
You cannot kill love
No worries.
legendary
Update:  I called Wingate's and the invoice is legitimate.  I verified the purchase date, invoice # and amount.   Now to finalize the process we would need to match the serial number with the number on the invoice and at that point, it would be the real deal.

Dank - I know you may think this was excessive but this is standard practice when buying luxury goods.  I was skeptical you would do this with the amount of time you have spent with us on the forums but I hope you understand how your initial responses would raise red-flags.
legendary
You cannot kill love
Dank - Can you tell me the number that is on the back?   It is under the band in your back picture and it ends with 557.

Thanks
It only says 557.  There's also a number on the band reading 78350 with 19 below it.
Merit: 502
Yeah I think that first image hosting site you were using was only allowing people from the US to view the pictures. maybe?
legendary
Dank - Can you tell me the number that is on the back?   It is under the band in your back picture and it ends with 557.

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2156
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
I have been posting pictures, don't know why they're not showing for some people.

ah sorry, Yeah they aren't showing up at all of me, but if I quote your blank post I get the image links

legendary
You cannot kill love
I have been posting pictures, don't know why they're not showing for some people.

Alternate links:

http://i.imgur.com/80K6A.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/eaIgj.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/pxHZR.jpg
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2156
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
I have removed the words "Potential Scam" from the posting summarizing  of the sellers responses up to the point where a picture of the receipt and serial number was provided.  Now we do some due diligence.   

We still need some more picture with the light on to evaluate its condition. 

Yep

Dank, I can understand if you are without a camera, but I would suggest not bumping the thread anymore until you can update with more pictures, of what is needed to prove authenticity.
It wont load the picture.. all I see is a white box with a red X in it

nvm I just went to the link in "properties" and it showed the back...

wonderful.... it's ugly.. Smiley
legendary
You cannot kill love

It's a watch man.
why can't I see the pictures? Did you host on some USA only poo?
Pages:
Jump to: