Pages:
Author

Topic: Selling Silver and Gold Bullion at Low Prices! Updated 10/3/16 - page 7. (Read 12408 times)

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
20 1 oz Walking Liberty as well as 2 10 Oz Geiger bars in today! Stock and prices updated! Silver and Gold dropped pretty dramatically over night. Not a bad time to buy in!
legendary
40 1 oz silver eagles arrived today marked for sale at spot +$2 per coin. Discounts available for purchasing multiples! Orders less than 20 will ship in coin flips, orders in multiples of 20 will ship in the mint tube.
legendary
Thank for reply. I hope to get in business with you soon  Smiley

I actually looked into each country's legal stuff to make sure all was on the up and up. There are actually a couple differences from country to country.

Italy and Hungary requires that gold/platinum be sent via Priority Mail and insured. Not a big deal since that was pretty much the only option available anyway. Cyprus doesn't seem to care.

Italy Prohibited list:
Albums of any kind (of photographs, postcards, postage stamps, etc.).
Arms and weapons.
Articles of platinum or gold; jewelry; and other valuable articles unless sent as insured Priority Mail International parcels.
Artificial flowers and fruits and accessories for them.
Bells and other musical instruments and parts thereof.
Cartridge caps; cartridges.
Clocks and supplies for clocks.
Compound medicaments and medicines.
Coral mounted in any way.
Ether and chloroform.
Exposed photographic and cinematographic films.
Footwear of any kind.
Haberdashery and sewn articles of any kind, including trimmings and lace; handkerchiefs; scarves; shawls, needlework including stockings and gloves; bonnets, caps, and hats of any kind.
Hair and articles made of hair.
Human remains.
Leather goods.
Lighters and their parts, including lighter flints.
Lithium cells and batteries - including items containing lithium cells and batteries under 135.6.
Live bees, leeches, and silkworms.
Live plants and animals.
Nutmeg, vanilla; sea salt, rock salt; saffron.
Parasites and predators of harmful insects.
Perfumery goods of all kinds (except soap).
Playing cards of any kind.
Postage stamps in sealed or unsealed First-Class Mail International shipments.
Radioactive materials.
Ribbons for typewriters.
Roasted or ground coffee and its substitutes; roasted chicory.
Saccharine and all products containing saccharine.
Salted, smoked or otherwise prepared meats; fats; and lard.
Tobacco.
Toys not made wholly of wood.
Treated skins and furs.
Weapons of any kind and spare parts for them

Hungary Prohibited List:
Coins; banknotes; currency notes (paper money); securities payable to bearer; traveler's checks; platinum, gold, and silver, manufactured or not; precious stones; jewelry; and other valuable articles, unless sent in insured Priority Mail International parcels.
Radioactive materials.

Cyprus Prohibited List:
Books or other publications giving instructions regarding the construction, operation, maintenance, or care of any prohibited firearm, other than a harpoon gun used for fishing purposes, and excluding books and publications imported by the Cyprus Police Force or any Cyprus Department of Government.
Daggers.
Explosives and flammable substances.
Leeches and silkworms.
Postcards of private manufacture having illustrated designs not previously approved by the Cyprus Post Office.
Radioactive materials.
Rifles and repeating firearms.
Seditious publications.

Activity: 126
Merit: 10
WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM
Thank for reply. I hope to get in business with you soon  Smiley
legendary
Hallo Salty,

Should you tell me shipping cost to Italy , Cyprus and Hungary ?

There is any sort of insurance about shipping risk?

How many Gold you could provide (for example if i  need 500 gr gold you could provide it to me?)

Have you available 18 kt gold too?

For packages valued under $400, I can ship for about $30 to any of those countries via International Priority Mail Flat rate. If the package is valued at over $400 I need to ship via Priority Express International. I can purchase insurance for the package as well. For more accurate shipping figures, I'd need slightly more information such as order size, whether you would like insurance on the package, etc. 

Right now I have a total of 52.5 grams of gold. Shipping charges for the gold should be reasonable since it is pretty light compared rolls of silver coins. I can provide as much gold as I currently have funds to purchase, though I couldn't do 500 grams in a single order right now as my business is just starting up, I don't have the capital to buy 500 grams outright.

I don't have any 18 kt gold right now, but I'd be happy to look into getting some in the future.

Activity: 126
Merit: 10
WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM
Hallo Salty,

Should you tell me shipping cost to Italy , Cyprus and Hungary ?

There is any sort of insurance about shipping risk?

How many Gold you could provide (for example if i  need 500 gr gold you could provide it to me?)

Have you available 18 kt gold too?
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115
Neat trick, and it definitely does start sliding back and forth due to melting almost immediately, and puddle forms in 5-10 seconds (and silver bar gets cold quickly).

Just received 15x 1 oz bars from OP today, and we were discussing by PM. Also, I think we have the same countertops Cheesy
legendary
I thought I'd demonstrate another neat trick for testing silver for those of you who don't have ultrasonic thickness gauges. Another trick that will do in a pinch works, because Silver has the highest thermal conductivity of any metal. This was a bit harder to show in a picture of, but

1) Set your piece of silver down on a room temperature surface.
2) Set an ice cube on top of it
3) Observe

You should notice the icecube melting immediately if not sooner. When I set it on the bar as shown in the picture, the icecube started sliding around within a second or two, and there was a significant puddle of water within 5 seconds.

legendary
Paid and PM'd you, thanks for all the help!

All PMs responded to, I'm happy to answer any questions and provide any help I can. Package has been shipped. (Not just shipping label printed, but actually shipped)

Beat that APMEX!

By comparison, the 40 Silver Eagles I've been expecting for about 3 days now shipped out on the 29th, and made three seperate stops on three different days less than 100 miles from where I'm at. Its taken 7 days for them to go what takes me a total of 4 hours to drive. Way to spring for a premium mailing option online bullion dealers!
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 5894
Meh.
That sounds good. Will send over the funds shortly, to what address should I make the payment?

The Bitcoin address in my profile works:1JXwGd1N8eP4WWMP6mLe6UNAycDhzqvhJo

If you would like a unique Bitcoin address, I can do that as well. I'll pm you for your shipping info.

Paid and PM'd you, thanks for all the help!
legendary
That sounds good. Will send over the funds shortly, to what address should I make the payment?

The Bitcoin address in my profile works:1JXwGd1N8eP4WWMP6mLe6UNAycDhzqvhJo

If you would like a unique Bitcoin address, I can do that as well. I'll pm you for your shipping info.
legendary
Meh.
Sorry if I'm being annoying. But I might want to take this one instead;  Roll of 20 SBSS 1 Oz Silver Trivium

How much would it be for that one including shipping?

Also, it says Spot + 3.8$, Thats the Current Silver price + 3.8$ extra because its a good coin? And the 3.8$ extra is for the entire roll or per coin?

You aren't being annoying, my ability to give customer support like this is one of the advantages I have over big bullion dealers, so please ask anything you would like.

SBSS (Silver Bullet Silver Shield) is a reputable mint that does a lot of art/political rounds and bars. They typically do small batches with beautiful designs so their coins are slightly more collectable hence the higher premium. The price per coin is spot value + $3.8.

0.9278BTC would be the cost including priority shipping.

legendary
Sorry if I'm being annoying. But I might want to take this one instead;  Roll of 20 SBSS 1 Oz Silver Trivium

Also, it says Spot + 3.8$, Thats the Current Silver price + 3.8$ extra because its a good coin? And the 3.8$ extra is for the entire roll or per coin?

You aren't being annoying, my ability to give customer support like this is one of the advantages I have over big bullion dealers, so please ask anything you would like.

SBSS (Silver Bullet Silver Shield) is a reputable mint that does a lot of art/political rounds and bars. They typically do small batches with beautiful designs so their coins are slightly more collectable hence the higher premium. The price per coin is spot value + $3.8.

0.9278BTC would be the cost including priority shipping.
legendary
Meh.
Allright, makes sense!

For starters though. I think I'd like to start with 1 10oz bar and 2 5oz bars. Just because I like the thought of "stacking bars"

How much would that be in shipping to Sweden? Smiley

I only have (1) 5oz bar in stock right now, but I'd be happy to look for another. If you would like 2 10 oz bars instead or if you want to wait until I can source another 5 oz bar, the totals would be

0.763 BTC for the 20 oz + 1st class shipping or
0.790 BTC for the 20 oz + priority international shipping.

legendary
Allright, makes sense!

For starters though. I think I'd like to start with 1 10oz bar and 2 5oz bars. Just because I like the thought of "stacking bars"

I only have (1) 5oz bar in stock right now, but I'd be happy to look for another. If you would like 2 10 oz bars instead or if you want to wait until I can source another 5 oz bar, the totals would be

0.763 BTC for the 20 oz + 1st class shipping or
0.790 BTC for the 20 oz + priority international shipping.
legendary
Meh.
Allright, makes sense!

legendary
Allright, Awesome.

Want to get in on some Silver at this point. Not sure what to buy though. Bars or Coins? What would you have me start with if I wan't to keep it under .8 btc Smiley

So heres a basic explanation. In general there are a couple of main categories of "bullion". There are coins, rounds, and bars. Of course there are subclassess of those like Collectors coins, art bars, granny bait, etc but I'll go over what the general benefits of the main three are. I'd be happy to explain the other things as well as the pros and cons of 1 oz vs 5/10/20/25/1kilo etc bars if you would like, but if I do so in a single post, people's eyes might cross reading paragraphs of text.

Coins: Things like Silver Eagles, Canadian Maples, Austrian Philharmonics, and there are quite a few others.

These are issued by government mints, and are legal tender in the countries that produce them. They tend to have a higher premium than bars or rounds. Its pretty rare to find coins at under $2.50-$3 /oz over the metal spot value. That said, having a higher premium isn't always a bad thing. Coins tend to be more desireable, and easier to sell when you decide to do so. The Premium tends to carry over when you decide to sell as well, so if silver goes up to $30/oz you will likely be able to sell the coins for that $30/oz + the added value of the premium.

Rounds/Bars: They are similar to the point where I can lump them into the same category. Rounds and Bars are bullion not produced by government mints, rather they are made independent mints. They tend to have a lower premium than coins, and typically are the best way to get more metal weight for your buck. As long as you purchase reputable rounds/bars, you shouldn't have an issue selling them either. When I say reputable, I mean bars produced by Sunshine Mint, Scottsdale, APMEX, Englehard, and a plethora of others. I typically advise people stay away from no name bars cast in someone's back yard, as selling them will be a hassle. Rounds/Bars typically go for $1-2 over spot price, so as I mentioned before, if you just want more metals, rounds or bars are the way to go.

For example, if someone had $1000 to spend, they could get 41 1 Oz coins at spot+$3 or 44 1 oz rounds/bars at spot +$2 the total value is still the same, but with the lower premium metal, you get more of it for the same dollar value.

In my personal opinion, both are good options. I stack both rounds/bars, and coins as well as some of the other subcategories. Its kind of like brand name things, some people want to pay a little bit more for something with a name they like, even if both things are identical minus the design.
legendary
Meh.
How much do you think it would cost to ship to Sweden?

Not going to buy kilograms, but looking to start somewhere Smiley

For a relatively small order (under 16 oz or so) around $8-15. A small flat rate box is about $30 and would fit more than a few kilograms. I'd be happy to look into more shipping options if you are interested. I have shipped to Sweden before, and there were no issues.

Allright, Awesome.

Want to get in on some Silver at this point. Not sure what to buy though. Bars or Coins? What would you have me start with if I wan't to keep it under .8 btc Smiley
legendary

For a relatively small order (under 16 oz or so) around $8-15. A small flat rate box is about $30 and would fit more than a few kilograms. I'd be happy to look into more shipping options if you are interested. I have shipped to Sweden before, and there were no issues.
legendary
Meh.

Pages:
Jump to: