Pages:
Author

Topic: Sending in fake ID for KYC - page 53. (Read 89308 times)

Activity: 2590
Merit: 549
Rollbit
June 12, 2018, 10:24:35 AM

If you send false data during KYC, then do not be surprised if false tokens are sent to you. It should be determined whether you play the rules of regulators and pass KYC, or simply do not participate in similar projects. Because of the uncertain behavior and fussiness of the masses - regulators need to be.

Those who send fake ID's or info may get through the KYC verification, but on a latter part when transactions become huge that deals a huge amount of money, there might be a further KYC verification that asks for another piece of information to procede on your transaction, and that would make your assets on hold.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
June 12, 2018, 10:08:05 AM
If you send false data during KYC, then do not be surprised if false tokens are sent to you. It should be determined whether you play the rules of regulators and pass KYC, or simply do not participate in similar projects. Because of the uncertain behavior and fussiness of the masses - regulators need to be.

Very wise comment men, but according to this, we need to send our ID only for those campaigns, which are trustworthy and the official. Avoiding all the scam projects, which isn't so easy I would say. Nevertheless, I think that ICO process would be changed in near future into something else.
Activity: 296
Merit: 2
June 11, 2018, 11:50:26 PM
Sometimes it is right to send prior documents to support the KYC. It is required for their KYC/AML law compliance. But in sending fake documents when you purchase it on the ico, once the team finds out that you send fake documents, you may have a possibilities to be banned by the ico and cant get the amount you purchased.
Activity: 182
Merit: 2
Market Integration Platform
June 11, 2018, 07:46:02 PM
I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

This is how it happens, a huge number of people use fake or other documents to register more than one dozen accounts on the ICO. The procedure in my opinion is idiotic, and nobody needs it. I hope one day they will understand that it is necessary to provide a legal, juridical documents about personal data safety.
Activity: 882
Merit: 112
Your Data Belongs To You
June 11, 2018, 07:38:05 PM
I think of sending my ID only and only then when there is a very well known and reputable KYC company hired by ICO. If they try to gather data for them self's ,that is just stupid and i dont even think of it.
copper member
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
June 11, 2018, 07:27:37 PM
I do not think it's a good idea to send fake documents to the KYC procedure! Firstly, in some projects this can be prosecuted by law, in the second you can simply be banned and prevented from going to any project!
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
June 11, 2018, 06:31:50 PM
I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

I didn't fake anything, I covered up all the IDS. Because if they had the opportunity to test them (most likely by illegal methods), they would declare it in large print.
copper member
Activity: 269
June 11, 2018, 06:25:40 PM

NOT FAIR.

I am very disappointed with this development. I honestly submitted my documents because they asked for it and others just faking it, it is not fair. I hope that someday they would stop asking for KYC.
Activity: 266
Merit: 12
Decentralized global logistics platform
June 11, 2018, 06:19:41 PM
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1332
June 11, 2018, 05:20:35 PM

NOT FAIR.

I'm not an expert when it comes to the law or anything like that but those that think they outsmarted the system and sent not only fake data but the data of someone else over the internet committed a crime and if they are caught they are going to pay with time in jail, also if you do not feel secure sending your documents to an ico that is a sign you should not send your money either.
Activity: 2996
Merit: 609
June 11, 2018, 05:03:14 PM
this is really a lot of pros and cons, because I think KYC is really needed to avoid the multi account, but it is also often misused for fraud etc., therefore I hope for the future there is a solution to solve this problem

i know and people know it
but the question just,
how they make our data safe.
even, the ETH wallet it's easy to hacking by bad people.
well ,
i will skipped some project needing KYC.
Even myself would simply skipped out project with have KYC requirements no matter how good it is. Anonymity or privacy would always concern me and once you comply such documentations to them then you are already risking out your entity. Above on all things that do happen about selling out informations into blackmarket we wont even know that our information is already there and being sold out by other people and use up on other purpose.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 256
June 11, 2018, 05:02:03 PM

NOT FAIR.
I think the data we send via KYC is not checked, it just verifies that you are real. considering the crypto for the world. and not everyone has a passport. and they only use driving sim data, and ID cards. remembering that, they will never know if what we send is really ours. so KYC or anything like that just makes it difficult for both parties.
Activity: 252
Merit: 14
June 11, 2018, 04:53:31 PM
I'm not afraid of checking KYC and why are you afraid of it. Well, that, they will have your copy of your passport and photo and what threatens you, I can not understand.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol
June 11, 2018, 04:51:29 PM
In my country, the data in the passport is not written in Latin letters, often I face problems with the passage of verification. It is good to have a second passport from another country, usually, pass verification with it. I do not use other people's data. English-world language
Activity: 126
June 11, 2018, 04:47:17 PM
Sending in fake ID is equal to denial of passing kyc.If you send in a fake id ,you may manage to pass through or fail but definitely in way or the other you will be caught and shall not get away with it .l personally do not think kyc is a bad idea.Everyone just has to do the right thing and we shall have a stable ecosystem and everything will move smoothly.
Activity: 117
June 11, 2018, 04:43:06 PM
today, one of my friends did a kyc to get a payment and one of my friends told him to use a fake ID by using photoshop of course and after a few hours later my friend got the token, it was very easy and used the VPN of another country .. me now want to ask, is my friend right or wrong?
Your friend is right only until the veracity and reality of the documents are checked. As soon as they begin to check the reality - it's simply banned (not in this project of course, but in any of the following)
Activity: 210
June 11, 2018, 04:37:35 PM
I do not understand the meaning of passing KYC. Buy fake documents is not a problem. Everyone knows that. In fact, even no one really checks for a fake. I see that there are no obvious signs and miss everything.
Activity: 174
June 11, 2018, 04:21:39 PM
today, one of my friends did a kyc to get a payment and one of my friends told him to use a fake ID by using photoshop of course and after a few hours later my friend got the token, it was very easy and used the VPN of another country .. me now want to ask, is my friend right or wrong?
Activity: 252
Merit: 101
Global Risk Exchange - gref.io
June 11, 2018, 04:18:13 PM
Not fair indeed, but sending in KYC documents that aren't your own are either illegal or should be illegal. I know you feel screwed over and rightfully so if you got surprised with KYC but stooping to their level won't help the situation. Besides being a bounty hunter you should now expect that you won't get all of your assets because things like this are going to happen. There will be scams and there will be surprise KYCs, this is the life of a bounty hunter sadly.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 518
June 11, 2018, 04:07:36 PM
this is really a lot of pros and cons, because I think KYC is really needed to avoid the multi account, but it is also often misused for fraud etc., therefore I hope for the future there is a solution to solve this problem

i know and people know it
but the question just,
how they make our data safe.
even, the ETH wallet it's easy to hacking by bad people.
well ,
i will skipped some project needing KYC.
Pages:
Jump to: