Pages:
Author

Topic: Sending in fake ID for KYC - page 56. (Read 89308 times)

Activity: 671
Merit: 103
Moni
June 03, 2018, 03:03:10 PM
To be honest I sent fake ID multiple times and no one notised, so I guess that companies running this process don't really check ID either filter chineese and americans, just glancing on a passport.
But remember that it isn't legal to use fake id and probably in future it will be more strict and some of fakes will suffer
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
June 03, 2018, 02:58:23 PM
it's required for them to report to the central banks if they received any fake docs or id, KYC is a compliance requirement for most countries      
Activity: 359
Merit: 100
June 02, 2018, 05:58:30 PM
It is quite easy to do and I can understand people who are doing that, because they fear that their funds will be stolen or something
Activity: 484
Merit: 124
June 02, 2018, 07:26:19 AM
It's reasonable when people try to take their identity since any crypto activity shall be anonymous.
People also afraid for giving their real identity for uncertain project !
Activity: 433
Merit: 100
June 02, 2018, 07:21:00 AM
If you're sending a fake, it's very easy to check it, if they have access to third party tools such as world check and etc   
Activity: 272
Merit: 12
June 01, 2018, 06:26:30 PM
I also wonder sometimes about the machine they use for the KYC check. A lot of people submit fake ID and the machine will still confirm the fake ID as original one. In my own view I think all those KYC are not genuine.
Activity: 854
Merit: 104
June 01, 2018, 04:28:44 PM
If organized the group with the notary will enter your information that you provided to the fraudulent ICO team in a fake real estate purchase and sale agreement on behalf of the killed owners, do you think the police will respect your rights if there are women and children among the dead ? There will apply to you such methods. that during the day you will sign any confessions. Most, sitting on the bunks in prison, only then think about what such a seemingly innocuous direction of your data might lead to. Believe me, I know that I write, in my experience there were many such cases.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
June 01, 2018, 04:04:04 PM
Thia ia one of the disadvantages getting online transactions using blockchain unless otherwise thumb marks are used plus one on one video calls. Been part of a group too and I should really say that was unfair.
Activity: 966
Merit: 546
June 01, 2018, 03:53:17 PM
I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.
Not fair? Obviously when people commit crimes like identity theft it's not fair for everybody involved. You think people are fools for not committing extremely risky crimes? For what? What is the end game of stealing somebody else's identity for exchange KYC? Money laundering?

I'd call you a fool for even considering using identity theft and fraud to make some shitty exchange account to "remain secure".
Activity: 722
Merit: 258
June 01, 2018, 01:53:21 PM
a serious discussion of such a pressing problem in the forum.Who is afraid to send documents-do not send.who sends fake documents to a crook and a thief.Here because of such people the others also are afraid to send documents for KYC check.who can tell me how your documents without your presence can have some value.
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
June 01, 2018, 01:37:10 PM
I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

my experience is that for KYC you also need to take your picture with ID or passport, so unless you're a maestro with photoshop, I'm not sure how it would be possible to bypass that one
Activity: 378
Merit: 1
June 01, 2018, 01:24:39 PM
This has also been my concern. Some of these things are just inevitable. They cannot just be avoided. I have always known that some could go about using fake ID and most times, there is no way the team or those in charge of the KYC, can know about this. Some are just good at deceiving people and it makes them safe. I just believe in doing the right thing at the right time.
Activity: 532
Merit: 12
KEEP CALM and HODL
June 01, 2018, 01:04:33 PM
In fact, I believe that quite a large number of people use fake documents in order to undergo the procedure of KYC. I can not blame them for anything, Because they care about their safety.
Activity: 910
Merit: 255
June 01, 2018, 01:01:22 PM
yeah true. i dont like kyc procedures at all. crypto investments supposed to be anonymous. that is why many people interest in crypto market. but when we give our personal informations to invest, it is too meaningless. there are so many people using fake identities because of this reason.
Activity: 364
Merit: 106
June 01, 2018, 12:52:28 PM
-snip-
Not join the ico campaign which need kyc is good choice. But how can you make sure that before joining the campaign?
You can not make sure that. As i know, the information will come after ico finish. When we have no choice t send or not. If not complete Kyc so we will loss. What is your choice?

Well, there are campaigns that doesn't require KYC. Plus, before joining the campaign, one can simply ask if there will be a 100% assurance that there will be no KYC right after the campaign. By doing so, we can avoid wasting our efforts in case we don't want to join the KYC.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
June 01, 2018, 12:16:58 PM
I didn't pay attention before but there are lots companies offering high quality and reliable fake ID that help buy anything you want. Probably they should be banned
Activity: 140
Merit: 0
June 01, 2018, 12:12:00 PM
Good question, I don't think the ICO-s have the capacity of deeply checking the documents, so probably it is easy to cheat. I would not do that anyways, just not my thing.
Activity: 19
June 01, 2018, 12:09:14 PM
Verifying the identity to accept the account is essential to protect the interests and assets of the user, I do not complain about this, so will control the account to create name
Activity: 238
Merit: 11
June 01, 2018, 08:47:06 AM
I try not to join the ICO campaigns, which, under the conditions of accession, do not exclude the conduct of the KYC verification in the future. However, if such campaigns put forward such a requirement after the completion of the ICO, then there is no way out. In this case, it would be foolish to send your personal data to people who can eventually turn out to be scammers. Moreover, these persons do not have the opportunity to conduct a full-fledged verification of the information we send. Therefore, I fully admit they are not sending data to the steps, given that the KYC audit should be conducted against investors, and not those who do not invest in ICO projects.
Not join the ico campaign which need kyc is good choice. But how can you make sure that before joining the campaign?
You can not make sure that. As i know, the information will come after ico finish. When we have no choice t send or not. If not complete Kyc so we will loss. What is your choice?
Activity: 169
June 01, 2018, 08:36:45 AM
I'm just like you sending your real data, because I'm sure of the projects I'm participating in. If you think the project fraud, it is better not to participate at all in it
There are a lot of people using fake documents to get more accounts in one project. I think they should not be involved in all the other projects while they are a scammer
Pages:
Jump to: