Pages:
Author

Topic: Sending in fake ID for KYC - page 55. (Read 89308 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 106
June 09, 2018, 11:11:42 AM
Isnt it a crime to send fake documents?
Well, it depends on what the scenario you're applying it for.  In terms of the world of cryptocurrency, one of the  reason why people love its idea is because of its anonomity. Plus, I don't think any team behind an ICO will go through all the trouble of legally suing someone just for passing a fake ID in a KYC.
Activity: 94
Merit: 0
June 08, 2018, 04:56:33 PM
Isnt it a crime to send fake documents?
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047
thecryptocurrency.directory
June 08, 2018, 04:18:53 PM
I have Polymath and Bobs and they have non of my information.  Sorry you sent yours in.

Remember its not illegal to hand your friend a fake ID.  The KYC process is absurd as there is no way in hell they know who is on the other side of the ethernet cable.

Only fools send in real docs.  Jesus guys.

Check out the laws in your area and wisen up to the internet game.  Why in the hell would you give an unknown person your passport?   

I agree it's like you are gambling with your self and its very risk, people are buying anti malware, anti virus and subscribing to vpn to protect their identity and location while this people freely give it away just like that for a small profit, so be wise don't get in it's a trap.
Activity: 467
Merit: 100
Binance #Smart World Global Token
June 08, 2018, 04:07:19 PM
I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

its not really fair, but we cant do anything about that, its actually natural on the campaigns who requires bounty hunters to do kyc, there's a lot of users are using fake ID's. but dont even bother them, just do the right thing, and one day, those cheaters will have their own lesson.
Activity: 420
Merit: 1
June 08, 2018, 03:43:18 PM
No wonder some people easily do KYC even as bounty participants. Even when others complain, these set of people would never complain. I cannot use fake data and so i can't participate in any KYC. I do not even see any reason why i should participate in KYC as a bounty hunter. The only place i feel KYC is necessary is on exchange and this is for security reasons.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
June 08, 2018, 03:31:49 PM
I also think KYC is wrong. and it gives fraudsters a chance to use your data. but without KYC, it is now impossible to get the reward.
Activity: 546
Merit: 255
June 08, 2018, 03:26:05 PM
This is the normal reaction of a person from crypto world  - trying to hide private data and provide fake. It's okay!  fair or not, it doesn't matter.  The main thing is that if managers are satisfied with this, then it isn't so important for the project, otherwise they would not have passed. take it easy!
Activity: 854
Merit: 104
June 08, 2018, 03:16:28 PM
In general, I think that it is illegal to require the participants of the ICO signature campaign to undergo a KYC check. We are not investors and therefore from us the provision of identification data no one has the right to demand. No other ICO team has indicated on the basis of what normative legal act they require us to provide such information and copies of our passports. Since they also quite often try to deceive us by stating that it is necessary to pass such a KYC check after the end of the ICO so as not to pay the earned tokens to those who for various reasons do not want or can not pass such a check, I believe that to deceive them, presenting other people's copies of passports will be quite appropriate.
Activity: 700
Merit: 275
June 08, 2018, 02:54:59 PM
Thats really good point that you have started to discuss here. I guess KYC verification needs to be done with the government portal to verify the authentication of the documents. If they are just going to collect it then I am pretty sure they are just idiots around making the ICO developments. If they have no respect for the real investors then they will never care about such fake KYC's. It is their own loss and thus it is not fair for them and when they loose their money then we are also loosing many things here. I think it has to be brought to attention of someone who cares about the whole thing. As it has direct impact on the true bounty hunters and investors too.
Activity: 798
Merit: 281
June 08, 2018, 02:51:37 PM
I agree what you say, the company that receives the KYC should be careful to check the incoming identity data, because if it is still like that, it is unfair to the person sending the real data.

But how exactly will they check these documents in the first place? Are they going to take them to the national passport agency and get everything verified?!  this is a long and expensive procedure and they will not bother unless it is a big project like THEKEY
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
June 08, 2018, 01:42:31 PM
I agree what you say, the company that receives the KYC should be careful to check the incoming identity data, because if it is still like that, it is unfair to the person sending the real data.
Activity: 364
Merit: 106
June 08, 2018, 01:38:59 PM
The solution is simple, never send your identification info to anybody. If you are so willing to buy that coin/token you should buy from market. Nobody have right to collect personal info, if you are not willing to pass them for free.

Thatbis indeed true. They can just reject the idea of going through a KYC and buy the coin in The market. But the only drawback here is that most ICO investors likes to participate in ICO due to the fact they can actually buy the coin a lower price compared to the market proce. Plus, some bonuses are akso given. But anyway, its still their choice.
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
June 08, 2018, 09:58:28 AM
I know, It may be done by someone who don't want to send their real ID because of some reasons. KYC is actually needed for the investors to know well the investors. But, I know that it must be announced in the beginning of the project launched. So, the investors or the bounty hunters have known this rule. However, whatever the condition, sending the fake ID is really forbidden and it is not fair.
Activity: 749
Merit: 507
June 08, 2018, 09:45:41 AM
The solution is simple, never send your identification info to anybody. If you are so willing to buy that coin/token you should buy from market. Nobody have right to collect personal info, if you are not willing to pass them for free.
Activity: 84
June 08, 2018, 09:43:17 AM
this is really a lot of pros and cons, because I think KYC is really needed to avoid the multi account, but it is also often misused for fraud etc., therefore I hope for the future there is a solution to solve this problem
Activity: 182
June 07, 2018, 11:06:18 AM
If you caught, your account will be be frozen, they are asking to avoid duplicate entries. Better provide original KYC to avoid such kind of things.
Activity: 107
June 06, 2018, 05:17:12 AM
I don't encourage entering campaigns which are asking members to fill in KYC forms which is in itself despicably since it goes against everything crypto and bitcoin stands for. If everybody actively abandon such campaigns, the companies themselves will stop asking for KYC submissions. There are so many campaigns which don't require KYC submissions in order to earn profits. I don't encourage submitting fake KYC in order to earn profits since this could probably pose a problem to the person whose credentials you are submitting.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
June 05, 2018, 06:55:52 AM
Recently, here in my area somebody took a micro credit from a small company using that type of a fake ID, so I fear that this can happen also with mine
Activity: 196
June 03, 2018, 03:28:16 PM
Kyc is a pain in the ass, it's becoming very rampant almost every ICOs requesting for Kyc to be passed and no one can guarantee the documents submitted are safe so I think it's high time everybody revolt against this crypto enemy to nip it in the bud before it kills crypto
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
June 03, 2018, 03:06:41 PM
I heard recently that someone used an id from some movie to claim their bounty tokens. Basically they just paused the movie and took a screengrab and sent it to the bounty manager to get hold of their bounty tokens.
Pages:
Jump to: