Pages:
Author

Topic: Sending in fake ID for KYC - page 13. (Read 89308 times)

Activity: 952
Merit: 110
April 24, 2020, 02:27:01 AM
Without KYC I won't be a Bitcoin holder today, in my own country to buy coins you need to go through KYC, remember this is the only way to stop money laundering too, how is KYC not helpful? Crime rates will increase in crypto space if not for KYC
Activity: 1190
Merit: 257
April 24, 2020, 02:14:14 AM
Why not giving fake ID for submit KYC and approved? I think is not serious problem because we can't trust anymore with some project exchange or bounty campaign must participants submit KYC document, how ever they will take benefit from our data using for other else.
If there is a bounty campaign that requires KYC, I usually don't participate because I'm afraid the project will scam someday. Now to do the KYC must be accompanied by a selfie photo so it is difficult to give a fake ID, not all fake IDs will pass the review stage because at this stage, checking is done manually by the team.
Activity: 60
Merit: 1
April 24, 2020, 01:29:05 AM
It's not a new thing and it's obvious that people are not comfortable with sending their IDs but they have no choice especially if some good funds is involved. Whichever way it happens, it's not something that will stop so it's safe to do what you are comfortable with.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 310
April 23, 2020, 11:42:52 PM
I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

This data come from the kyc on other projects that are asking for information, if you have remember even id name are being use and also email address, the reason why is that some bounties don't verify the informations since having a lot of participants will also attract investors, some bounties really ask information and verify it if its authentic, i don't know with some like what you are saying, just verify first the campaign if its legit or not
Activity: 644
Merit: 257
Worldwide Payments Accepted in Seconds!
April 23, 2020, 11:14:03 PM
So better solution is avoid campaign or any project related with KYC as much as you can. There are always campaign that are good and you can join even without KYC. The purpose of this is for investors qualification and hunters should not participate or even asked to this. Fake IDs are the worst case scenario for everyone, someone could using up your identity without you knowing it all. What would happened next? If those guys using IDs of yours got caught in the middle of something illegal and of course you will be pinned down and hunt even you did not do any crime at all. So think twice for this kyc matter when you are going to share your files and make sure your files are all safe when you give in and only to trusted people. Once it goes to scammers folder then considered yourself in big trouble already.
Activity: 854
Merit: 10
April 23, 2020, 12:18:19 PM
I am sure that the use of other people's documents violates the laws of most EU countries, which means that in the case of a criminal case, you can easily be found by IP address and you will be brought to justice.

If we think of the aftermath of submitting our personal details to these untrusted people, we will never want to do it.
I am just disturbed as to what these people really intend to do with the data of the people they collect. There are certain things that should be of priority to them, such as the product they promise or other things that will make people to trust their project, but they choose to go for the less important.
Well, I believe that those who ask for the personal details of others and are so serious about it have wrong motives behind it.
Activity: 462
Merit: 19
April 23, 2020, 12:12:50 PM
Well it's true that you can use others ID to pass KYC but not all KYC verifications, for example binance exchange, their KYC verification is live not dropping or uploading the I.D
Merit: 255
April 23, 2020, 12:07:00 PM

You just be careful not to lose your access or try recovering your data because once you do that these projects especially exchanges are going to once again ask for the KYC for verification. And if you can't get updated information on the last IDs and selfies you sent, you can just say goodbye to your funds.  Some of them require video, that's a lot difficult.

The only who will not submit their data are the ones who have less amount of money to lose in that platform.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 508
April 23, 2020, 11:29:39 AM
Why not giving fake ID for submit KYC and approved? I think is not serious problem because we can't trust anymore with some project exchange or bounty campaign must participants submit KYC document, how ever they will take benefit from our data using for other else.
Activity: 517
Merit: 10
April 23, 2020, 11:08:15 AM
If you can sent your real documents ID with clearly by follow team announced then you will be pass easily. I think everyone want safe their place then their do not want sent real documents so i want agree for bounty hunter no need kyc IT'S better for everyone.     
Activity: 1064
Merit: 500
MOBU
March 24, 2019, 06:27:28 PM
i have sent a passport. i regret it. i got some negligible rewards and passed KYC. it is very unworthy. i won't be stupid again.
I never send international documents like passport for KYC requirements. Some projects ask the identification documents and they later sell this completed data in dark web for money. Very shady and dangerous.

I sent my passport to various projects many times and there is nothing wrong with that. They will not do anything with your documents, so there is nothing special about this. But with the help of KYC, we screen out many unscrupulous participants.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 521
No more Rekt and Bust
March 24, 2019, 06:12:51 PM
i have sent a passport. i regret it. i got some negligible rewards and passed KYC. it is very unworthy. i won't be stupid again.
I never send international documents like passport for KYC requirements. Some projects ask the identification documents and they later sell this completed data in dark web for money. Very shady and dangerous.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 110
March 24, 2019, 06:09:35 PM
I am sure that the use of other people's documents violates the laws of most EU countries, which means that in the case of a criminal case, you can easily be found by IP address and you will be brought to justice.
Activity: 784
Merit: 135
DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization
March 24, 2019, 03:03:21 PM
I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

That's the reason why i'm very hesitant in using my ID for verification of KYC, I don't know where my personal info. will go to, the dev. also don't say a word what they will do in the info they gathered. Such is the reason why i'm avoiding campaign that requires KYC.
Activity: 703
Merit: 250
March 24, 2019, 02:47:20 PM
For sure it is unfair and it should be stopped. There is another way of doing KYC and it is impossible to undergo this process without being yourself. I am talking about video KYC process that takes several minutes but is much more secured.
Activity: 602
Merit: 111
March 24, 2019, 12:14:26 PM

NOT FAIR.

yes, the verification of KYC is created for there will be creating a transparency in this field so sending fake verification ID and make it possible will not be a good thing and you cannot call on this for long period of time definitely you need to put the proper things.
Activity: 318
Merit: 1
March 24, 2019, 11:50:19 AM
I noticed that some investors and bounty hunters are sending fake I'ds on the project that has kyc because they are using multiple accounts and multiple entries on ico.one reason is the scam ico that gathering only I'ds to make scam so investors amd bounty hunters are being wise on this time, to prevent scam.
Merit: 111
March 24, 2019, 07:05:56 AM
It is a gamble to send fake data and find your account frozen at a later point of distribution. For sure not an easy task checking IDs from dozens of countries.

thiS IS TRUE!!!

There are some project who did the second KYC which will eliminate fakes entry.
Like you need to send a picture of you holding your ID with a message for the project and a date.
After that you need to post like the one on the website for them to be sure that the document and picture is legit.
Activity: 546
Merit: 32
March 24, 2019, 06:57:14 AM
The KYC process verification will be involved in this field in recent time so I think there will be lots of regulations will be improved care for verification otherwise checking all the country verification will not be possible for right now.
Activity: 210
Merit: 5
The Future of Security Tokens
March 24, 2019, 05:42:58 AM
Pages:
Jump to: