Pages:
Author

Topic: SETHER - Arbitrating Advertising - page 79. (Read 52072 times)

Activity: 60
Merit: 2
December 29, 2017, 03:21:54 PM
Currently the demo isn't showing anything except a couple of graph charts, login,... I went and looked at the project just because McAfee mentioned it...but i honestly think that he only "glazed" at the concept. Also, the concept is based under the assumption that people will give permission to "sether" so that it can access their data...

Also only two team members mention AI experience (one of those two has only 3-4 month experience mentioned on linkedin) and this is is the "core" part of the "product"...

So as far as I see this... people could make money investing in this but not because McAfeee said so but more because every ICO lately makes money for the investors, but I think i'm gonna skip this one.

edit: also, git repository shows "no activity" since they created a github repository a month/two ago... Will this project be open sourced or is the solution proprietary ??
edit 2: did anyone saw the technology landscape or architecture itself? I didn't find any information in the whitepaper. I only assume, based on the linkedin profiles, that it will be oracle based solution...
edit 3: did anyone see a list of partners that they plan to do business with? Partners are the one that will "pay" Sether for the core business (there is a pricing model inside the Whitepaper). Maybe I missed that information somewhere on the web site or in the whitepaper...

Thanks, its always good to hear alternative viewpoints. (I am invested)

Like you I found the alpha demo a little disappointing and not totally relating to the selling points. Hoping theres more going on behind the scenes...

Can you point me in the direction where it says AI is a "core" part of the "product"?
I don't see how AI is relevant to many of the use cases mentioned in the white paper, although every company seems to chuck 'AI' into their sales pitch these days, but to Sether's credit I don't find it anywhere in their whitepaper, and certainly not presented as a "core" feature...

For customer locality schemes etc, I can't see users having a problem allowing Sether to access their metadata to be given discounts.
i.e. like our page 5 times and get 5% discount (automatically triggered via smart contract)

At first I wanted to...but now I have a lot of "question marks" flying around Smiley

Yeah, it would be better if there was no demo...  if you have a feature that throws "server errors" then you cut it out, because the "public" (that is not in DEV background will not understand this)... Also, as you very eloquently put it, the demo MUST pin point the "selling" points... in the demo I don't care about searches, I don't care about logging in, etc. I want to see how did you "envision" the solution could look like in far future (hopefully not too different Smiley )

AI is mentioned on the first page of the web site (part IV). Unfortunately it is not described inside the whitepaper (this is the part that I consider the brain of the operation because anyone can write Web Service calls to Social networks and extract data). Behavior analysis is just shortly described in whitepaper.  Now also, a question pops ups, is this AI opensource or not because that part obviously won't be run on the blockchain (I assume?)...

As I pointed out in my first post, there is no info about possible partnership... if there is no information about that, how did they come up with the pricing sheme? It is described in chapter 7. Prices can only be determined after you analyse the market...

At this time, I would assume that it is "all dev's on deck" time...or in other words "you don't eat, sleep, drink until we launch..." Smiley and there is no activity on GIT for a whole month or more... I also didn't find the demo on the git - but this is maybe my fault I lost motivation to go through all of the folders Smiley

Until I get more detailed information, this looks like it could have used a couple of months more to prepare... "polish" the demo, create some video, get some "partner" names, fill whitepaper with relevant information because, although I have DEV background, I have no intention of reading each API method that Tweeter, Facebook or any other social network exposes...the only thing I care to see regarding that part is "what will they track"/"which data" - I really don't care using which API method they get it (unless I want to see "why" is something slow) - but currently I am looking it through eyes of an innocent bystander  Smiley

If I skipped any of your question, please let me know...
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
December 29, 2017, 02:54:27 PM
Currently the demo isn't showing anything except a couple of graph charts, login,... I went and looked at the project just because McAfee mentioned it...but i honestly think that he only "glazed" at the concept. Also, the concept is based under the assumption that people will give permission to "sether" so that it can access their data...

Also only two team members mention AI experience (one of those two has only 3-4 month experience mentioned on linkedin) and this is is the "core" part of the "product"...

So as far as I see this... people could make money investing in this but not because McAfeee said so but more because every ICO lately makes money for the investors, but I think i'm gonna skip this one.

edit: also, git repository shows "no activity" since they created a github repository a month/two ago... Will this project be open sourced or is the solution proprietary ??
edit 2: did anyone saw the technology landscape or architecture itself? I didn't find any information in the whitepaper. I only assume, based on the linkedin profiles, that it will be oracle based solution...
edit 3: did anyone see a list of partners that they plan to do business with? Partners are the one that will "pay" Sether for the core business (there is a pricing model inside the Whitepaper). Maybe I missed that information somewhere on the web site or in the whitepaper...

Thanks, its always good to hear alternative viewpoints. (I am invested)

Like you I found the alpha demo a little disappointing and not totally relating to the selling points. Hoping theres more going on behind the scenes...

Can you point me in the direction where it says AI is a "core" part of the "product"?
I don't see how AI is relevant to many of the use cases mentioned in the white paper, although every company seems to chuck 'AI' into their sales pitch these days, but to Sether's credit I don't find it anywhere in their whitepaper, and certainly not presented as a "core" feature...

For customer locality schemes etc, I can't see users having a problem allowing Sether to access their metadata to be given discounts.
i.e. like our page 5 times and get 5% discount (automatically triggered via smart contract)
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
December 29, 2017, 02:22:56 PM
Looking forward to this project.  Sether appears that it could be very efficient in analyzing social media data.  This will result in improved customer targeting and marketing campaigns.  It’s going to be the first real intelligent social marketing platform.  It could greatly benefit businesses of all types.
Activity: 60
Merit: 2
December 29, 2017, 01:45:15 PM

edit 4: it is pretty "brave" statement on their front Web page that they are GDPR compliant - GDPR is much more than just hardware protection...it is a business process. there has to be a Data Protection Officer, users have to accept that their data is gathered, analysed and also people can also ask through which algorithms do you process their data, and a lot lot more...

If anyone has some information, please write...
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
December 29, 2017, 12:19:33 PM
Well, mcaffee is putting hands over to say we aren't the owners of the project so don't bother us if the project fails or something.
yes I agree Mcafee is not the owner of the project he only gives support or participation to help build this project, but we hope that this project smoothly does not experience any scam problems or fails. good job.
FYI, John McAfee is not the owner of this project from the start, dude. It is really rare things if John McAfee support a mini project like this because he just only supports a big project that has a bright future.
yes we know that, but this is very encouraging for this project because John McAfee is eyeing and supporting this project, it is also certainly a passion for this project. Cheesy
Activity: 380
Merit: 10
December 29, 2017, 12:11:10 PM
I think the outcome of ICO is very impotant so if you want this project to be successful then you need to pass and and at least have good result on your Initial Coin Offering. You need to take this seriously because if you don’t you will lose this, your investors and other users who are looking up to support you.
I agree with you thier team needs to put all thier efforts to this project if they are aiming to achieve thier goal. Success will follow for sure if they will take it responsibly.
Actually you are right, the project needs to be maintained and constantly regulated by the management team.
Yes i completely agree with you.ICO is the most important part for success of project.so i think devlopers and team members have to give all the answers of questions in to ann thread.And also stay active to all investeros are attracte to the project.
Activity: 308
Merit: 134
December 29, 2017, 11:23:07 AM
If that platform goes live, it also affect the value of SETHER any other coin with a good platform or purpose. If John McAfee quote about Sether is real I asure that sether will go to the moon as he see the future of these platform as useful.
John Mcafee has a good vision on where Seether project is going to. Definitely a good type of asset worth investing . Lets all go together to the moon.
Yeah but dont get me wrong, Sether is not Mcafee project. he is just making review based on his on opinion here. i think it will help to say yes the project is great and awesome but whats your own angle on it, how do you view it and how do you want to invest in the project...i dont want you thinking base on his view i want you to think about how is going to influence you and you business. If his rating is good for you then good but always have your view
The main question after the statement of McAfee is whether he is responsible for his statements. If he speaks responsibly, you must invest in this project, but if there are doubts you will have to watch.

I think he is just advertising and not really that serious with his statements. Or he already received a lot of commissions from all those coins that he already advertised. I'm not sure. But if he is doing it for free then it's really much better.
McAfee advertises not only this coin, but also other coins, so I think we should closely monitor the project. And make your own decisions.
yes, every investor should do his own research, follow other people without any blindly will lost all your money in the end, its dangerous
Activity: 672
Merit: 11
December 29, 2017, 11:06:45 AM
And not only the management team, it's necessary that the users themselves promote the project in social networks. For example, doing retweets.
Activity: 616
Merit: 251
December 29, 2017, 10:59:23 AM
I think the outcome of ICO is very impotant so if you want this project to be successful then you need to pass and and at least have good result on your Initial Coin Offering. You need to take this seriously because if you don’t you will lose this, your investors and other users who are looking up to support you.
I agree with you thier team needs to put all thier efforts to this project if they are aiming to achieve thier goal. Success will follow for sure if they will take it responsibly.
Actually you are right, the project needs to be maintained and constantly regulated by the management team.

Yes, the team needs to be more active in this project. They should assign who will be incharge in advertising and promotions of this project. They need to prove that their project will be successful.
It will be soon i think, because this serious team can't to give up on their project. They just need be more active with any known advertising methods, otherwise a new people will not arrive here.
Activity: 504
Merit: 20
December 29, 2017, 10:57:35 AM
If that platform goes live, it also affect the value of SETHER any other coin with a good platform or purpose. If John McAfee quote about Sether is real I asure that sether will go to the moon as he see the future of these platform as useful.
John Mcafee has a good vision on where Seether project is going to. Definitely a good type of asset worth investing . Lets all go together to the moon.

I kinda doubt he actually does that much analysis of every single coin he promotes. He usually gives the general briefs on what the project is about
Activity: 406
Merit: 105
December 29, 2017, 10:30:40 AM

Yes, the team needs to be more active in this project. They should assign who will be incharge in advertising and promotions of this project. They need to prove that their project will be successful.
Activity: 196
December 29, 2017, 10:14:43 AM
Activity: 420
Merit: 11
BitHostCoin.io
December 29, 2017, 10:04:01 AM
Yeah but dont get me wrong, Sether is not Mcafee project. he is just making review based on his on opinion here. i think it will help to say yes the project is great and awesome but whats your own angle on it, how do you view it and how do you want to invest in the project...i dont want you thinking base on his view i want you to think about how is going to influence you and you business. If his rating is good for you then good but always have your view
The main question after the statement of McAfee is whether he is responsible for his statements. If he speaks responsibly, you must invest in this project, but if there are doubts you will have to watch.

I think he is just advertising and not really that serious with his statements. Or he already received a lot of commissions from all those coins that he already advertised. I'm not sure. But if he is doing it for free then it's really much better.
Activity: 308
Merit: 119
December 29, 2017, 08:26:56 AM
John Mcafee probably understand this project and its potential to be a successful project. Knowing that this project is adopting the social network does people will widely know about new ico because it will be available soon if this project will be going well according to plan.

This ICO will really spread like fire using social network platform. People spend lots of time on social media and soon enough they will learn about this.. Trends on social media plus blockchain will make this success.
I totally agree with you that Sether follow social network trending now is smart. Although this trend is popular, but when they integration with blockchain, it will make Sether have individual point.
Blockchain now is just like the internet in the past . People where using normal mail / photo albums / Dvd's / socializing etc.. now all of that is done trough the internet . Blockchain technology will be implemented on all of those the same way the internet did . So expect to see many traditional networks upgrading to the blockchain technology.
Activity: 574
December 29, 2017, 07:13:18 AM
John Mcafee probably understand this project and its potential to be a successful project. Knowing that this project is adopting the social network does people will widely know about new ico because it will be available soon if this project will be going well according to plan.

This ICO will really spread like fire using social network platform. People spend lots of time on social media and soon enough they will learn about this.. Trends on social media plus blockchain will make this success.
I totally agree with you that Sether follow social network trending now is smart. Although this trend is popular, but when they integration with blockchain, it will make Sether have individual point.
December 29, 2017, 06:10:57 AM
I agree with you that we can see the potential of Sether project clearly. Social Network Integration is smart investing on future.
Activity: 67
December 29, 2017, 05:34:24 AM

Activity: 1162
Merit: 268
50% bonus on your First Topup
December 29, 2017, 05:09:30 AM
Sether sounds fine to me. Well thought out program, putting a lot into consideration. Great idea, Nice advertising stratagies , great and experienced team members. Seriously considering investing in this, gaining more trust for the program everyday I read up the thread.
A good idea, but the team has little to do with community. Developers in many projects behave this way, but those in which the team works together with the community win.

Well I think most of the community work do McAfee  Grin  He is mostly in twitter and recommend Sether but now he could be also in Telegram. I saw yesterday in some Telegram Advertising Channels that McAfee has also an official Telegram Channel  Grin

Wow is this really happening? So they have offer McAfee a big bucks to endorse  now in cryptocurrency world? Will that's natural for now because bitcoin and other altcoins are really popular today.
December 29, 2017, 05:02:35 AM
Activity: 574
December 29, 2017, 05:00:44 AM
I'm sure the initial ISO will go well enough, because the team is making a lot of efforts to develop this project and attract good investors. I think we should not worry.
Pages:
Jump to: