Pages:
Author

Topic: Should I Be Scared Of Hackers If I Have Lot of BTC. - page 7. (Read 4151 times)

Activity: 93
Merit: 10
There are many ways to protect his fortune, but like anything worth a lot of money, there will always be smart guys to divert all the security system to seize it.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
Just a reminder, be careful with your password. Don't give it to anyone. And no, you don't have to be scared since bitcoin wallets are provided with security codes giving you the best security of your investment.
Activity: 615
Merit: 258
Maybe you should be scared in many hackers that's why if you have a lot of bitcoin is requested that you can have an offline bitcoin wallet for you to be secured or make a two factor air for your wallet to be secured from any hacker because if you have a lot of bitcoin the hacker is Greedy for your wallet to get hacked and steel the bitcoin in your wallet and enjoy it without any hard work.
Activity: 224
I am hearing a lot of users' complaint about having a problem transferring their BTC, Nowadays I am not selling it because I am "Hodling" it for future. But I am a bit of scared now because all this news about the people's BTC being hacked.

What should I do If My wallet or BTC gets hacked?
According to Bryce Boland, Chief Technology Officer of FireEye, the chief of the cyber security agency, Bitcoin's value of about $ 20,000 per medallion and the value of the cryptocracy ecosystem exceeds $ 600 billion. That is why cybercriminals (Hackers) are increasingly targeting the Bitcoin users and cryptocracy exchange, especially in the Asia Pacific region. Safety warning to Bitcoin users needs to be serious.
Activity: 532
Ideally you should not keep too much bitcoin. The first reason is the price of bitcoin is very erratic, do not know whether it will increase sharply or sharply in the future. So when you feel profitable from investing, sell them immediately and retain a bitcoin. The second reason is that if you do not know how to get the best security for your bitcoin, hackers will take advantage of that to steal your bitcoin. You better buy cool credit cards.
Activity: 476
www.daxico.com
You should be even if you already just have a little less amount of bitcoin or other digital currencies in your wallet. Keeping it safe at all time is always necessary because a single mistake can cause you your goodies.
Activity: 217
Merit: 101
Thats why I use hardware wallets, they are super secure when it comes to bitcoin. Use hardware wallets to save your bitcoins and ethers.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273
I would suggest for you to buy a physical wallet, one of those USB ones to be safe. If not, you can have multiple wallets dividing some of the BTC you have on them, it will cost some fees to send them but its better to be safe than sorry. Also, make sure you have enabled the two-factor authentication. On my iPhone I have it set so only using my finger print the wallet can release funds to other addresses.
The hardware wallet is the safest choice to store a tremendous amount of Bitcoin because it doesn't directly connect to the internet which is open a possibility of getting hacked, like the recent Electrum wallet vulnerability. It's essential to store it in an offline wallet and handle it with extra caution. Because of the technology of the crypto extremely secure, the money can be refunded if it getting hacked.
Activity: 295
I would suggest for you to buy a physical wallet, one of those USB ones to be safe. If not, you can have multiple wallets dividing some of the BTC you have on them, it will cost some fees to send them but its better to be safe than sorry. Also, make sure you have enabled the two-factor authentication. On my iPhone I have it set so only using my finger print the wallet can release funds to other addresses.
Activity: 451
Merit: 269
The only way for you to lost your BTC is by phishing scams or the hackers stole your private key.

What kind of wallet do you use?
Web-based wallets are tend to be insecure due to how the private keys are stored on the cloud.

I'd suggest to get desktop wallet as you have more controls of your private key, just make sure your PC are clean from malware and junks.

If you're really serious about security you can get hardware based wallet like Trezor or paper wallet, that should be enough.

^ Great advice...and don't forget or lose your password(s).
Activity: 343
Merit: 250
I am hearing a lot of users' complaint about having a problem transferring their BTC, Nowadays I am not selling it because I am "Hodling" it for future. But I am a bit of scared now because all this news about the people's BTC being hacked.

There is nothing that you can do if your Bitcoin wallet has been hacked. But in order to prevent it from hackers hacking your account, I strongly suggest that you need to have an updated Antivirus on your computer, secure the Home Network especially if you're using WIFI, don't open a suspicious email, if you are on a hotel, airport or in the coffeehouse, always use VPN and avoid website that is not secure.
Activity: 350
Merit: 1
Fun of WINBIX sales system winbix.io
I am hearing a lot of users' complaint about having a problem transferring their BTC, Nowadays I am not selling it because I am "Holding" it for future. But I am a bit of scared now because all this news about the people's BTC being hacked.

You should do is make better safeguards. For example, always updating antivirus and always keep the Private key you got.
Activity: 924
Merit: 500

you shoUld be scared of hackers even if you have a few bitcoins or even just a litlle cryptocurrencies. THE point is that they ate doing everything they can to steal and rob and it doesnt matter if its big or few. it matters that they can get their hands on them
Activity: 266
Merit: 101
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
You should, we all do
With huge amount of btc, first thing to do is having your own hardware wallet. After that, I am thinking splitting my asset to several wallets, depends how bigh my portfolio is
I just cant risk all my money in one place
Activity: 146
Yes ofcourse i could be scared because everything now can be hacked specially in online transactions, so we must be strictly by being secure our accounts. Always dont trust to the unknown website and avoid logging in to the public computers and make sure to log it out everything you use it.
copper member
Activity: 658
Merit: 284

Store your bitcoins in an offline wallet. Once you keep your bitcoin in an offline wallet no one can access it but you. Most of the hacking incidents that you are hearing it happens majority with the online wallets. but once you store bitcoins in an offline wallet you are safe.
Activity: 336
Merit: 1
Do not be afraid of hackers if you have a lot of bitcoins just need to do so do not scatter lots of bitcoins and do not tell them to avoid scammers.
Activity: 336
Merit: 3
you should not be afraid of hackers if you have a lot of bitcoins you just need to do is just do not commit and do not share information abount on your profile with people you do not need to avoid scammers.
Activity: 93
I don't know about this, I think the main reason about some users being hacked was their wallets. I can't confirm if some wallet sites are secured, some maybe a victim of keyloggers and some watching eyes. Some hackers are not found on the net, sometimes you must be aware of your surroundings. You don't know what type of people are watching you
Activity: 354
Merit: 2
Secure all your private details and read first before clicking any sites and entering your details. then you should be fine
Pages:
Jump to: