Pages:
Author

Topic: Should I Be Scared Of Hackers If I Have Lot of BTC. - page 8. (Read 4151 times)

Activity: 114
Merit: 13
Hackers are often through your computer virus or vulnerability to steal your private key, daily computer maintenance and antivirus.
Activity: 213
Wonderful World
if you want your wallet safe do not use a web-based purse and you should check that your computer is free from malware and most people now choose trezor if you want your wallet safe. if your bitcoin is lost no one is responsible for it
Activity: 199
Merit: 100
0xB911101025014BfCaA3B17BC7683C0817489bB28
Yes if you have some btcs and don't want to sell it for next few years. Please keep them offline, lost hackers are looking for minimum active user account to hack their btc. Minimum active user account, generally don't disturb them trying again and again till success. Please don't share your private key anyone.
Activity: 224
Merit: 19
I am hearing a lot of users' complaint about having a problem transferring their BTC, Nowadays I am not selling it because I am "Hodling" it for future. But I am a bit of scared now because all this news about the people's BTC being hacked.

What should I do If My wallet or BTC gets hacked?

Well if you get hacked then there is nothing you can do since transaction is irreversible. But You should not be scared of hackers but you need to be vigilant.

Most common way to get hacked
-connecting to a public wifi
-via email (phising sites)
Activity: 247
Merit: 10
I think yes... I should be scared of hackers if I have a lot of bitcoins because we all know that hackers never stop in searching ways in how to access anyones private datas and hackers are also getting more sophisticated day by day. Since you have a lot of bitcoins then I would suggest you to invest yourself in the most up to date anti virus, anti malware and anti hacking software so you will have a greater chance against those hackers who will gonna rob you of all your hard earned bitcoins.
Activity: 350
Merit: 108
not much to do after hacking. before you get hacked:
- secure your email account.
- use unique and powerful keywords for all online accounts.
- enable two-factor authentication.
- or you keep it in your hard wallet.
Activity: 294
Merit: 114
As long as you're not exposing your private key. Then your bitcoin is in safe wallet, nothing to worry about. It's all about carefulness, think before you click. Be aware of what you're trying to download. There's something there that we didn't know (virus).

Seems like every website in the worldwide web were all phishing sites. Nothing can be trusted nowadays, since day one were the internet could generate a lot of cash by all means. I was wondering, why there are still a lot of people being victimized despite of warnings and exposes. Maybe, it's also their fault through their end. They might be not contented on what they have, still looking for other opportunities or ways to earn more cash. Fraudsters knows how to catch someones weakness and they will attack when and where they would be vulnerable, taking advantage of this will make innocent and greedy deceived, in the end, they will easily succeed.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
- "Bitcore (BTX) - Airdrops every Monday"
The safest way is to keep it on a hardware wallet or on a offline pc , and keep a backup somewhere.
I think with values this high there will be even more attempts.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 502
Yes even if you are very sure that your system is protected you still need to be aware that anytime someone will hack you for that you need to keep on making sure that you are only visiting safe sites, installing non virus software, be aware on pishing sites and always changing your password from time to time to prevent hack.
Activity: 50
Merit: 2
No I am not scared that hackers might be able to access my wallet where I stored a lot of BTC because I am fully aware of the ways in which could jeopardized my data security and in addition to that I have my most precious private key stored in a room guarded 24 hours by a dozen of security personnels which is inside a very secured vault where it required a retinal scan and password to be able to open the vault. I will certainly do all of that safety precautions if I really have a lot of BTC.

to easy to hack Cheesy
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
No I am not scared that hackers might be able to access my wallet where I stored a lot of BTC because I am fully aware of the ways in which could jeopardized my data security and in addition to that I have my most precious private key stored in a room guarded 24 hours by a dozen of security personnels which is inside a very secured vault where it required a retinal scan and password to be able to open the vault. I will certainly do all of that safety precautions if I really have a lot of BTC.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
With the rising value of bitcoin, many hackers now have added incentive to commit their crimes as they wish. Protect yourself by keeping your bitcoin portfolio in a private wallet where you only have access to your private wallet. Keep small quantities on an exchange  when you have to trade.
Activity: 644
Merit: 252
I'm just a Nobody.
As long as you're not exposing your private key. Then your bitcoin is in safe wallet, nothing to worry about. It's all about carefulness, think before you click. Be aware of what you're trying to download. There's something there that we didn't know (virus).
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
The only way you will lose your bitcoin is by hackers using phishing website cause it needed information about yourself once you logged in to that not secured page you will lose all your bitcoin so be careful about hackers.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
I felt the same when I started my journey with Bitcoin. I couldn't afford any hardware wallet so I decided to use a paper wallet. After a long time, I decided to buy a Ledger Nano S which is quite good. Honestly, I think I should have bought a Trezor. I don't use anything beside Bitcoin, Litecoin and Ethereum so it wouldn't be an issue. The most secure way would be to use an old laptop with some linux distribution installed on it. It's easier to download a malware on Windows than on Linux.
This is why people need to take care of their coins, people have hundreds of bitcoins but are using a pirated copy of windows to store their coins, it is obvious that money is going to get stolen, it is like leaving your wallet with a lot of money in the middle of the street.
Activity: 574
Merit: 12
Yes you should be scared of hackers no matter the amount of bitcoin you have. Hackers are the biggest threat we have in the crypto currency world and so you must be careful with your wallet details and mind what you click online.
Activity: 280
You havd to do something before your wallet is hacked because after hacked you can not do anything.
Make your wallet security complicated like 2FA, it will help to secure your wallet.
Activity: 98
I am hearing a lot of users' complaint about having a problem transferring their BTC, Nowadays I am not selling it because I am "Hodling" it for future. But I am a bit of scared now because all this news about the people's BTC being hacked.

BTC have safe wallet and system it’s hard to be hacked.

use trusted wallets , clean PC , stay away from unknown sites , save your .dat file and will be safe
Activity: 245
https://keepcalm.finance/

No need to be afraid of hackers, they are just a bunch of useless people. Stay relaxed and always keep Private Key safe, so your bitcoin will be safe forever.
Activity: 266
CIBUS FOOD Ecosystem
It is a good idea to make a few wallets. If you have a lot of Btc You should keep them  in different purses. And think about your internet securyty.
Pages:
Jump to: