Pages:
Author

Topic: Should I Be Scared Of Hackers If I Have Lot of BTC. - page 9. (Read 4151 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
I am hearing a lot of users' complaint about having a problem transferring their BTC, Nowadays I am not selling it because I am "Hodling" it for future. But I am a bit of scared now because all this news about the people's BTC being hacked.

What should I do If My wallet or BTC gets hacked?

Make sure that your wallet does not get hacked because if this happens there is not much you can do after that. Take all the required precautions like keeping your PC clean from viruses, making sure you don't click some phishing link and similar. Paper wallet or Ledger would be the way to go.
yes that is right you need to be much more careful, because hackers always remain as active to find clue how to hack your account, you need to have doubt security layer for your wallet which can give some extra protection.
Activity: 422
Merit: 250
You shouldn't be scared. Fear of hackers is going to lead to you getting your Bitcoin stolen, for sure. Instead, you should do a lot of research into how to keep your Bitcoins safe and secure from hackers. It really isn't all that complicated. There are many ways to keep them safe and the number one method by far is creating a paper wallet.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
You know how the saying goes, "better safe than sorry"! Online privacy and security should never be underestimated, even if you dont have a large amount of money invested in cryptocurrencies.

Always take care of your computer and wallet's integrity and try to avoid phishing and hacking attempts made by malicious users.
Activity: 247
Merit: 10
Just be always cautious every time when you go online... avoid logging in into public wifi, you should invest into your personal wifi and spend some of your bitcoins in softwares such as anti virus, anti malware and anti hacking softwares to secure your privacy and data. It's better to act now before it's too late.
Activity: 994
Merit: 105
Precautions are better to get rid of anything is what I believe.
If we are careless then we are keeping ourself in trouble, I recommend you to maintain cold storage wallets, ledger Nano S, secure your account with 2FA verification authentication, avoid phishing websites, avoid public access and clean your history. Hackers always exists so prevent it by securing with proper authentication. Ensure you prioritize never clicking any suspicious links; it may come to you by email, forum, web, messenger etc. Do figure out which is phishing site before entering your info, user name, password. Check the domain, ssl very carefully.
Activity: 308
I will not be scared in that kind of situation because after I registered to myEther wallet I saved my private key in a USB and I also write down my private key in a notebook and locked it down in a security vault in which can accessed by my finger prints only. I also invest myself in the newest anti virus and anti hacking software so that's make my worries about that situation goes away. 
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
Do you think Ledger nano S is 100% safe? Do you believe if I plug my Ledger in an infected computer it will not hack my private key?
Just wondering around  Shocked
Activity: 420
I am hearing a lot of users' complaint about having a problem transferring their BTC, Nowadays I am not selling it because I am "Hodling" it for future. But I am a bit of scared now because all this news about the people's BTC being hacked.

Make sure that your wallet does not get hacked because if this happens there is not much you can do after that. Take all the required precautions like keeping your PC clean from viruses, making sure you don't click some phishing link and similar. Paper wallet or Ledger would be the way to go.
Activity: 728
Merit: 101
I suggest using Trezor or Paper Wallet because hackers certainly will not be able to access it, unlike the cloud storage.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

If your bitcoin gets stolen there is nothing to do, that is why most of your efforts needs to be directed at prevention rather than the cure, that way the risk of losing your bitcoin goes lower, in my opinion every single person that has an amount of bitcoin greater than the cost of a hardware wallet should get one.
Activity: 6
I imagine that those who own a lot of BTC never leave on exchanges, or very little and very well scattered
Activity: 868
Merit: 266
Holders of bitcoin should make sure that their bitcoins are safely stored and that they have the maximum security available for their wallet, thats the most important thing or else they are going to risk losing all of their bitcoins which i tell you, you may never recover from the shock of it.
Activity: 285
Organic PR on Tier 1 media

Every shining star has some drawbacks with it. In case of bitcoins hacking is the most sever drawback (apart from volatility). Bitcoin transactions are irreversible so yes hacking should be a nightmare for you.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
I felt the same when I started my journey with Bitcoin. I couldn't afford any hardware wallet so I decided to use a paper wallet. After a long time, I decided to buy a Ledger Nano S which is quite good. Honestly, I think I should have bought a Trezor. I don't use anything beside Bitcoin, Litecoin and Ethereum so it wouldn't be an issue. The most secure way would be to use an old laptop with some linux distribution installed on it. It's easier to download a malware on Windows than on Linux.
Activity: 2240
Merit: 270
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
Yes of course if we have millions of btc then we should be wary that hackers will steal, all we have to do is divide bitcoin into some wallet, use all kinds of wallet such as offline wallet, web wallet, paper wallet and so on.

Paper Wallet and Hardware wallet shall be the best choice, and if using web wallet or exchange wallet better apply or adopt for extra security.
And I also agree, better to divide your Bitcoins or whatever coins you are holding into several wallets.
If you are taking too many precautions, then you can be calm and tension free, but better not let it slip out of your mind.
I am sure his bitcoin is not the largest, people have lost so much in past. No form of wallets is the safest just be extra  careful. If your bitcoin is subject to othe're security try to put your eggs in many basket just in case as earlier said
Activity: 1232
Yes of course if we have millions of btc then we should be wary that hackers will steal, all we have to do is divide bitcoin into some wallet, use all kinds of wallet such as offline wallet, web wallet, paper wallet and so on.

Paper Wallet and Hardware wallet shall be the best choice, and if using web wallet or exchange wallet better apply or adopt for extra security.
And I also agree, better to divide your Bitcoins or whatever coins you are holding into several wallets.
If you are taking too many precautions, then you can be calm and tension free, but better not let it slip out of your mind.
Activity: 140

Of course you should be scared if you are holding bitcoins. hackers are looking for their victim to steal what ever you have in your wallet. You should be very careful when you are using internet and making any bitcoin transactions. Most hacking method hackers are using Phishing method to steal your information especially your private key or password of your crypto wallet.

I strongly recommend that use multiple wallet to store your bitcoins so that if the hacker hacked your wallet he cannot there will be bitcoin left into your other wallet. You can also use hardware wallet like Trezor, ledger nano or paper wallet. Always be vigilant for any suspicious malware when you are using your computer.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 12
Activity: 252
Precaution is better than cure. Always try to keep your account safe with 2FA Security and also try to keep your private key much more personal. Also if you have a huge amount of bitcoins, then you can store them in a offline wallet or paper wallet, etc. Securing your account much more as possible can keep yourself safe from hackers.
Activity: 43
I sugget that you spread your bitcoin over many distinct wallets as possible , so in the case one wallet get hacked , you still can save the other wallets ,  it like a jerry mouse game .
Pages:
Jump to: