Pages:
Author

Topic: Should I invest $10,000 into Quark or Dogecoin? - page 6. (Read 19726 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Why not invest 9k across a few major coins, then use the final 1k and spread it across 10 long-shot scrypt coins?

Gotta diversify your portfolio, brah.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I would probably put half in bitcoin and half in Quark.
Quark is a rising star and will eventually shine as one the brightest.
What is the debate over? Buy 5k in each and be done.

^^ This.

Forcing yourself into binary decisions when you have infinite options is a mistake from the start.

DOGE will die once the joke is no longer funny.  What serious devs are going to be putting work into it and building infrastructure ?

On the flipside, coins aren't wholly reliant on the devs of the coin. They're a decentralised currency; the community has adopted Dogecoin in spite of any major developer support. The community would need to pick up some of the slack, but people are mining the coin, and selling the coin. It looks like the community is doing the work themselves.

A decentralised currency doesn't have to rely so strongly on the devs. Not if the community support is overwhelming.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
All altcoins are risky. Get a mix of many.

Don't forget to buy some Globe. The only currency to be backed by BTC, have price stabilization mechanisms and fast but secure transaction times. (PM if you want some Globes) or view the exchange https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/glb-globe-exchange-spreadsheet-buysell-362297
Activity: 854
Merit: 1001
I'm gonna say: get into NXT.

It has the potential to go huge, and has already doubled in price since Sunday (i bought in 80 hours ago....).

At least put $1000 into NXT, pretty sure u won't regret it.  

How can I get them, only here on the site, or is there an exchange?

Dgex.com

NXT is the biggest pump I've ever seen. You're late.
http://coinmarketcap.com/nxt_30.html

Well, their exchange and forum are both down, so that tells me something (-)

Yeah, it tells u that the whole NXT network and ecosystem is under a heavy DDoS attack......and is still expanding.

NXT has a serious community behind it and brings lots of innovative features into the game. I'm willing to bet some of my BTC that it will work in the long term.
There are problems with it, but. hey, it's very much in beta right now.

Have a look at:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/nxt-descendant-of-bitcoin-updated-information-345619

for the full (and i do mean full) story.
Activity: 405
Merit: 250
What is the debate over? Buy 5k in each and be done.

^^ This.

Forcing yourself into binary decisions when you have infinite options is a mistake from the start.

DOGE will die once the joke is no longer funny.  What serious devs are going to be putting work into it and building infrastructure ?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
just buy a gpu and mine in a pool like fast-pool.com
you can get 5k or more a day
great pool with low fee
Activity: 364
Merit: 251

It has the potential to go huge, and has already doubled in price since Sunday (i bought in 80 hours ago....).

Dgex.com

Well, their exchange and forum are both down, so that tells me something (-)
legendary
Activity: 1008
GigTricks.io | A CRYPTO ECOSYSTEM FOR ON-DEMAND EC

Dgex.com

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

Activity: 378
Probably 2-4 months from now Litecoin ASICs will hit. Many see $200 by the end of the year after the profit taking to recoup ASIC purchases (like what happened with BTC). So depends on your timeframe. But I am mining whatever to buy more Litecoins. Next year will be it's year!
legendary
I would go zetacoin

I find zetacoin interesting, but not too much talk about it, or support, it seems.

it will be going on btc38 exchange soon and has had several what could be called premonition spikes, to where a certain person or entities expects the price to land. Zeta has also hit the floor just a month or so ago and risen from the ashes to hold value
I would go zetacoin

I find zetacoin interesting, but not too much talk about it, or support, it seems.
legendary
I would go zetacoin
Honestly?

I'd be spreading that money evenly across 5 or so Altcoins that I thought had a future. Putting all your eggs in one or two baskets is such a risky investment as it is would be..well risky. Unless this is money you can afford to lose, or take a hit to, then why not spread it across 5 coins that could potentially be worth several fold more in the long-term?

That's what I would do. Personally. Dogecoin would be one of them, but I'd only be willing to bet a 5th of $10,000 on it if I had that kind of money to invest.
Activity: 492
It is best to invest in Quark.

Why? Because nothing can overcome the relentless raping and dumping of the botnets, etc. All coins nearly die from it. Quark was no exception. But Quark has already been raped and dumped for months. Doge is new and has to go through this phase. This will drive the price of Doge down down and yes down.

Also Quark's distribution is different, nearly all of its coins have been minted, there can be no more raping and dumping. Doge follows the old distribution where it will be profitable to rape and dump for many years to come. This will limit the price of Doge for a long time.

+1 Very good comment

I would agree with this, but for one thing, it also depends on adoption.  If not a lot of people have quark, or have any need to get any, then even though it wont be dumped it wont go up either.  Right now newbies can get some Doge by mining, there is a lot of excitement, faucets, and give aways for it.  Quark does not seem to have this yet, or I expect ever.  So unless there is something you can do with Quark that you can't do with Doge, Doge may still win.

Quarks distribution has also turned a lot of folks off.  If they use their early gains to build infrastructure it will almost certianly beat this "joke coin" doge, but I'm not sure they are doing that.

Good Luck with your investment!

Quark's distribution may have turned a lot of folks off, but clearly not the big money people. Quark has done something no other coin has achieved. In one month's time it has gone from 30 to 30000, a 1000x increase.

Why? Because now there is no longer a constant downward pressure on its price from the raping dumping botnets, etc. Everybody in the crypto community knows that these "botnets" are a major influence on coin's price performance. Quark may now be free of this influence. If so Quark's price will continue to increase and will soon reach that of litecoin at 0.025 btc.
legendary
Activity: 1022
It is best to invest in Quark.

Why? Because nothing can overcome the relentless raping and dumping of the botnets, etc. All coins nearly die from it. Quark was no exception. But Quark has already been raped and dumped for months. Doge is new and has to go through this phase. This will drive the price of Doge down down and yes down.

Also Quark's distribution is different, nearly all of its coins have been minted, there can be no more raping and dumping. Doge follows the old distribution where it will be profitable to rape and dump for many years to come. This will limit the price of Doge for a long time.

+1 Very good comment

I would agree with this, but for one thing, it also depends on adoption.  If not a lot of people have quark, or have any need to get any, then even though it wont be dumped it wont go up either.  Right now newbies can get some Doge by mining, there is a lot of excitement, faucets, and give aways for it.  Quark does not seem to have this yet, or I expect ever.  So unless there is something you can do with Quark that you can't do with Doge, Doge may still win.

Quarks distribution has also turned a lot of folks off.  If they use their early gains to build infrastructure it will almost certianly beat this "joke coin" doge, but I'm not sure they are doing that.

Good Luck with your investment!
Activity: 644
Nextcoin will be right choice at this moment as the price is rising .
Pages:
Jump to: