Pages:
Author

Topic: Should merit be disabled on Bitcoin Wall Observer? - page 4. (Read 1407 times)

legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422
I wonder why people always remembers of the Wall Observer thread during heavy market conditions. Why don't you come hanging out when the market is doing sideways? You guys could find some good pearls in it.
I know it's hard to keep up with the overall thread speed but most of the times the WO is the place to get first hand news, tips and tricks about Bitcoin.
If you don't like it, just do not post inside. And we will be friends.

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392
Be a bank
oh god now cue the statisticians. can't bear those people personally. very dry sticks imo
legendary
Be a bank
It was a conditional statement.
There's no need for any change. It's harmless.
legendary
Be a bank
It is a very easy way for the inner circle to farm merits by content which would otherwise get you banned for posting it in that quality and quantity elsewhere. The way they are, things have always been.

exactly, if i were to merit my friends memes on a offtopic thread and vice versa, id very likely get flagged and distrusted by everyone, but somehow its fine in WO

that's the spirit

I hope you realize you are basically admitting to merit farming

I said before, it seems a low priority for the admin. If he wants to, he can change it and I for one will be willing to adapt. Until then, and it seems unlikely to happen, your whining is just that.
legendary
Be a bank
It is a very easy way for the inner circle to farm merits by content which would otherwise get you banned for posting it in that quality and quantity elsewhere. The way they are, things have always been.

exactly, if i were to merit my friends memes on a offtopic thread and vice versa, id very likely get flagged and distrusted by everyone, but somehow its fine in WO

that's the spirit
legendary
Activity: 1795
Merit: 1198
This is not OK.
LoL @ this thread.  Cheesy

Some things, SwayStar, are bigger than you.  Roll Eyes

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
legendary
Be a bank
Disclaimer: All posts in this thread are for entertainment purposes only.

this covers it fine.

the new rules are somewhere in meta, you could search for them

special rules for special people. so unfair
legendary
Be a bank
While participants of the thread are mostly bullish, they're bullish about BTC, not just the price. You can discuss the day to day moves in the price (purpose of the thread), news about BTC in general, and express bearish sentiments after a while, you can't just do it like dumping a shit on a doorstep "BTC will go to 0" and expect to be welcomed.

i never said bitcoin is going to 0 or anything like that, i only made a few small time frame TA, which was for the day to day movement in price, sufficient to say they were not pleased. The purpose of the thread is to discuss the day to day price movements, i agree with you on that, but the community members there dont, theres barely any TA there apart from the TA  that toxic2040 posts, its mostly just jokes and chitchat

That's the original purpose of the thread (roughly). The original post has been preserved out of respect for the former original poster. The purpose now after the rule change is much more liberal; jokes, chitchat and calling people a doofus are all positively encouraged. Price talk is also welcome.

Which you would know if you had done any research.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 2017
But on that thread signatures are not displayed so I don't think they are getting paid for their posts there.

A question for veteran members: did that thread change a lot since the merit system was introduced? If so, it means OP is right, if not, OP is wrong.

Asking WO members to prove themselves guilty is quite a pointless task dont you think  Tongue

I'm not asking just WO members. I am asking all veterans.
Activity: 2380
Merit: 916
fly or die
While participants of the thread are mostly bullish, they're bullish about BTC, not just the price. You can discuss the day to day moves in the price (purpose of the thread), news about BTC in general, and express bearish sentiments after a while, you can't just do it like dumping a shit on a doorstep "BTC will go to 0" and expect to be welcomed.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 2017
When I go to the WO thread I only see people enjoying themselves and this makes the thread unique. It seems to me it is a much better thread than most threads on the Bitcoin Discussion or Gambling sections.

As for you analysis on merit, AFAIK, merit is not only given for quality posts it is many times for being funny and I see it is given for that reason there many times.

This basically means that merit has become insanely inflated in WBO and legendary rank has become relatively easy to earn, really demeaning the value of the rank, legendary rank was supposed to be reserved for people who get merited alot due to their contributions to this forum, but due to WBO, there have been alot of new legendaries who really just got alot of merits because they pleased the WBO community and participated in the echoing of their opinions between each other, This is problem is also exaggerated due to signature campaigns, legendary rank members can gain a very high price for their signature, which also rewards the members of WBO and provides them incentive to continue this practice.

But on that thread signatures are not displayed so I don't think they are getting paid for their posts there.

A question for veteran members: did that thread change a lot since the merit system was introduced? If so, it means OP is right, if not, OP is wrong.

Activity: 345
Merit: 4
Just tell them to fuck off whenever they try to bully you to post what they would like you to post or not post whatever they don't like you to  post. And you can bet whatever you post someone will try it, so be prepared to send lot of fuck offs.
legendary
Be a bank
Hello. Welcome to the world. It is not fair.

For example, there are special rules for that thread about topicality, ones you clearly haven't researched.

And we are indeed unfairly liberal with merit compared with other threads. This has come up many times, as you'd have found if you'd researched it before launching your self-destructive tirade, and the administration has never seen fit to react. It is just a low level priority it seems.

It is mostly that we merit people for their character and overall contribution more than their specific post, which is within the meriting guidelines. You'd know that if you'd researched it.

Not supplying you any links because #dyor

Activity: 1190
Merit: 755
Homo Sapiens Bitcoinerthalensis
this explains perfectly why i think WO is a toxic community which doesnt deserve its 11000+ merit

So, you think this is constructive in ANY way?
Merits, really? Talk about toxic.

You don't get to say your opinion on where I stick them. Makes sense?
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1643
Verified Bitcoin Hodler
First of all, thank you for cherrypicking my comment. Roll Eyes

I think Bitcoin Wall Observer is a fascinating place to always keep track of what the price is doing and occasional banter or memes is given merit as everywhere else on Bitcointalk wherever people find posts that deserve merit.

Also,
I was defending against a troll spreading misinformation but ok. I never asked for the 2 merits.

How about this: We will make a new thread for you. We can call it charts only observer.

edit: oh and I do post TA. So don't think of me as some time wasting nocoiner.

edit 2: Roach? That you?
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1536
Hello WO gang, although I'm not active here, I love to visit WO thread times to times and enjoy reading the posts.
Here is a thread about deleting this thread, I would love you guys to defend on why you think this thread should be here, immutune forever.
Should Bitcoin Wall Observer thread be deleted?

agreed, i am willing to change my opinion if there are any good arguements against it

Quoting my old reply to you during your first meltdown in WO.....
Welp im glad i didnt listen to u all and kept my shorts open, im outta here now

Good for you Sway. I suggest stay and keep posting.

Thick skin + humility is key.. Just saying.
--------------------

If you are so insecure and can't take few insults in the internet, then Mr Sway_I know it all_Star...... Fuck off respectfully  Tongue, no one cares.
legendary
Activity: 2478
Merit: 2078
$120000 in 2024 Confirmed
Looks like a bad case of Merit Envy

envy

/ˈɛnvi/

noun

a feeling of discontented or resentful longing aroused by someone else's possessions, qualities, or luck.

"she felt a twinge of envy for the people on board"

Activity: 1190
Merit: 755
Homo Sapiens Bitcoinerthalensis
Goodness me, such swaying bullshit.
Only gets exponential outside the WO.
Now you know.

-∞ WO's merits

baseless insult.
no constructive criticism

-∞ WO's merits

Oh I'm sorry I insulted you sweetheart.