Pages:
Author

Topic: Should video games be considered a sport? - page 6. (Read 10346 times)

Activity: 108
Merit: 0
November 03, 2018, 06:11:42 AM
I mean it's as hard and entertaining as normal sport. Don't see reason why it shouldn't become one
Activity: 318
Merit: 1
November 02, 2018, 06:39:13 PM
I totally agree with you.
But there are VR games that make a person go in for sports every day and sweat a lot. Isn't that enough?
Activity: 48
October 05, 2018, 09:29:52 PM
For me it should since the more you play the game the more you're getting good at it.
Activity: 36
October 05, 2018, 09:25:21 PM
Sport? Video games? Absolutely different subjects Smiley
Activity: 14
October 05, 2018, 08:05:48 PM
Yes, it should be included. Its already featured at 2018 Asian Games as a demonstration sport. Officially esports will be a medal event at the 2022 Asian Games.
copper member
Activity: 278
September 19, 2018, 04:55:57 PM
Video games should not be a sport. First sport  require physical activity, moving your hand all day and starring at a screen is not a sport.

Sport also requires skill and takes alot of skill at top levels
Activity: 72
Merit: 9
September 19, 2018, 04:44:00 PM
everyone knows that games are e-sport and for me its just a "new way" of "sport" not sport itself ...but i like gaming Wink ...when there is time for it
Activity: 51
September 19, 2018, 04:01:26 PM
 Isn't there a championship for some gams? So its some sort of sport. But on the other hand we have championsihps for everything now so I don't know.

We have rock paper scissor championship and I don't think that is a sport.  Huh
Activity: 161
Merit: 14
September 19, 2018, 05:41:48 AM
if it can have more physical activity invole, it can be
Activity: 243
Merit: 2
September 18, 2018, 10:56:51 AM
Some games can be considered as sports but NOT ALL.

First, we must consider the popularity of the game and i think they should consider the gameplay also before making it a sport.
Activity: 28
September 18, 2018, 07:52:47 AM
depends on the game I'd say
Activity: 18
Of course they should.
Compare with Chess for example:
1) Chess requires skill? Yes. Videogames also.
2) Chess is phycal game? No - still a sport game. Like Videogames should.
Activity: 29
For me, I'd say eSports... sports require physical activity. So putting something like e as an indication or symbolic for "electronics" is good.
Activity: 17
I do think that if we look at the definition of sports, it really does say that sports involves physical exertion, but it also states that sports is a form of entertainment and fun, and video games do entertain people so I have to say that I agree on considering video games as a sport.
Activity: 5
It is a sport for the mind actually
Activity: 84
Video games should not be a sport. First sport  require physical activity, moving your hand all day and starring at a screen is not a sport.
I mean it's not the "sport" but it's one of the kind because gaming is called cyber sport
brand new
Activity: 0
 I have played video games for as long as I can remember and I will say this, coming from a physical sports background and comparing the 2 I definitely think video games should be considered a sport. At least before competitive eating or a flipping spelling bee both of which ESPN covers every year but even with that said I think all the above 3 I mentioned deserves to be called sports. They are all competitive, they all take special talents like other sports to be able to compete in and all need strategies as well. I`m fond of action games and fights. Right now Im involved in such a game https://farkle.dmnd.games/ You can set a unique style for a fighter, as well as choose weapons, armor and skill that fit the style of the game.
Activity: 53
It is A game but If you compete with one another it will consider as a sport.
Activity: 37
Michal Blicharz, a former Polish national team judo athlete, agreed that esport was classified as a sport. According to him, exercise cannot be judged by how much sweat is pouring, but from the three components of exercise, namely strategy, fitness, and body coordination. If all three components have been fulfilled, then an activity can be classified as a sport.
Activity: 14
Yes I think it can be it's so much fun
Pages:
Jump to: