Pages:
Author

Topic: Should video games be considered a sport? - page 7. (Read 10346 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 1
Unless it’s a virtual reality game. You simply put on a headset like the Oculus Rift, then you can be so immersed into an experience (ex. A battle adventure game like Battle Royale) you don’t realize you’re getting an intense workout until you’re done. I know people who’ve gotten in good shape because of VR games.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
you could say sports in my opinion, video games also require skills such as the foresight and intelligence of users,
Activity: 49
No never because there is no complete physical involvement with the game
Activity: 28
Video games if become sports then it will be something very cool and fun.
Activity: 66
I definitely agree. Sport is some kind of physical activity in my point of view. Video games should be called e-sport but definitely not Sport.
copper member
Activity: 162
Merit: 3
Games are competitive, require training and can have prizes... they are completely a sport.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1019
I do not give financial advice .. do your own DD
I am going to have to go with no.

Unless, it involves running around in a room as part of a VR simulation.
Activity: 30
yes. i think it is an intellectual sport  Wink
Activity: 19
Yes, just like chess its a mind sport
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 3199
you can never sweat by playing video games  Grin

If you play it right , for sure you get sweat , depends on the Game !   lol
Activity: 19
absolute no mate, sport is anything that can make you sweat, you can never sweat by playing video games  Grin
Activity: 27
Seems like a ver interesting idea and if that happens it will be too great.
Activity: 42
I will never want video games to convert in to the sports as it will kill everything.
Activity: 21
Video games should not be a sport. First sport  require physical activity, moving your hand all day and starring at a screen is not a sport.
Yep, why not?
Chess also do not requires any kind of physical activity.
Its all about brains, but Videogames - about brains and skill.
Activity: 71
It  is more of an education because it has to do with the mental and ability skill
Activity: 56
I think long-term video games will have a certain impact on your vision and psychology, especially for kids! So I don't think it should belong to sports!
Activity: 28
video games like virtual reality have physical movements that can be said to be sports
Activity: 5
I personally am not a big gamer, however I believe that some video games could be considered a sport. But what makes sport a sport? Physical activity? Chess is also considered a sport, but you don't have to put much physical effort into it. Things that make sport a sport is partially the competition, the fanbase, and the tense (interesting, and maybe a bit stressful) moments. The idea of winning and passion is a big part of the sports world as well. I think that gaming and e-sports have the same thing as for example other high sports leagues.
Activity: 54
It is not a sport.
Activity: 41
Video games in my opinion could be consider sports. Coz there are no specific the limitation to consider as sport. If you need mentally yes players use it, movements there is even limited to hand and eye. But the essence of winning the game and teamwork is there.
Pages:
Jump to: