Pages:
Author

Topic: Should video games be considered a sport? - page 10. (Read 10346 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 0
absolutely yes, it is considered an e-sport, means electronic sport. look at dota 2 their prize pool is exceeding to 20 million dollars, and the players around the world are millions in number. the e-sport community is growing exponentially every year, so that is why it must be considered a sport.
Activity: 31
No not a sport. Video games is so addicted and for me it cannot help your body to improve. Sports is like reality what u do is happen, In games all of that is fantasy.  Smiley
Activity: 9
Video games should not be a sport. First sport  require physical activity, moving your hand all day and starring at a screen is not a sport.

May be yes may be no but some part of the world the considered it sports.
Activity: 181
Merit: 2
I think cybersport will overcome traditional ones in about 10 to 15 years. Its way more interesting to watch besides you would actually need to work hard as same as you do in "traditional" sports.
Activity: 107
I think its not right
Activity: 112
In Korea it is considered like a sport with competitions

Of course in Korea and Japan, they love video games more then they love to breathe.  Grin
Activity: 60
No, because sports need a move from almost all of your body when video games only required hand and eye coordination
Activity: 224
In Korea it is considered like a sport with competitions
Activity: 80
Merit: 1
If you come up with, for example, virtual reality glasses with some kind of module for movement, this is a very interesting idea of ​​combining sports and computer games!
Activity: 39
I definitely agree. Sport is some kind of physical activity in my point of view. Video games should be called e-sport but definitely not Sport.
Activity: 196
Merit: 4
I think VR games or anything that requires physical exertion and skill can be considered a sport. While most video games require some thinking skills, it can only be done by sitting down. Also take into consideration that when you say sport, people tend to think physical activities immediately so it is going to be hard to convince people to consider video games a sport.
Activity: 66
Gone are the days when gaming was just about a speedy blue hedgehog or fat plumbers with a mustaches. Today.Today there is the dynamic world of competitive gaming out there, where elite players battle it out and millions watch all around the world.
Activity: 5
Video games are already classified as eSport, so I think they consider it as a sport. Video games can also help you in a lot of ways. It teaches you to have good strategies, decision making and also helps you a lot in hand-eye coordination.
Activity: 196
I think no cause this is technology and I think the definition of sports is A game that using strength of the body and video is only using minds and strategy not the power of the body.
Activity: 191
Merit: 32
Video games should not be a sport. First sport  require physical activity, moving your hand all day and starring at a screen is not a sport.
I dont agree with this kind of idea. Video games must be consider as a sport and a gamer must be consider as a sport athlete. Because nowadays esport arise all over the world and the prize of those esport have a very high prize pool so we must consider it as a sport also.
Activity: 112
no in my own opinion  because no physical activity

Chess is considered as a sport and almost no physical activity is involved.
Activity: 18
i dont think so. as far as i know sports games acquire physical activities.
Activity: 240
Merit: 10
Not really, when I think of sports , things requiring great physical activity to mind.  I'm not trying to hate on esports but I dont consider it a sport.  Lets just call it a competition or something, there skills are still very impressive though.
Activity: 116
Merit: 1
I suppose you can consider them a sport, they are quite active.  if you consider bowling , golf, race car driving a sport no reason video games cant be one.
Activity: 32
no in my own opinion  because no physical activity
Pages:
Jump to: