Pages:
Author

Topic: Should video games be considered a sport? - page 8. (Read 10346 times)

Activity: 64
Merit: 0
i think the idea of sport is competing to show your abilities wheter physically or mentally, and video games show skills mentally so it can be considered as a sport.
Activity: 15
Video games should not be a sport. First sport  require physical activity, moving your hand all day and starring at a screen is not a sport.
So they call this is E-sport.
First sport  require physical activity, moving your hand all day and starring at a screen is not a sport.
So what do you think about chess? Sitting a place and moving the hand?  Grin
Activity: 37
I think that they should be considered, they are already being considered Huh, with all the phenomenom of esports, they need practice and team coordination so yeah, they are not that easy to get into professionaly.
Activity: 4
i dont think so. as far as i know sports games acquire physical activities.
Activity: 23
They are two different things
Activity: 53
August 12, 2018, 11:21:27 AM
Yes it should, some of those games live and work like pro sports men.
 I don't like to see other people play E sports, but I do look for short video's about how to do things in game.
Activity: 69
August 12, 2018, 08:48:37 AM
obviously for being a better gaming player they they should have a talent. I think there is no problem if esport is considered as a sport.
Activity: 82
Merit: 1
August 11, 2018, 11:58:45 AM
it is not a sport but its name is sports esport which is shown electronically. it requires focus and eye care in using it
Activity: 6
August 11, 2018, 10:55:00 AM
I think VR games or anything that requires physical exertion and skill can be considered a sport. While most video games require some thinking skills, it can only be done by sitting down. Also take into consideration that when you say sport, people tend to think physical activities immediately so it is going to be hard to convince people to consider video games a sport.
brand new
Activity: 0
August 05, 2018, 11:52:43 AM
I don't think I waste my life on the internet since the internet actually shows and teaches a lot of things.
Activity: 18
August 09, 2018, 11:36:18 AM
Video games should not be a sport. First sport  require physical activity, moving your hand all day and starring at a screen is not a sport.
The Oxford Dictionary says that sport is "an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment." Video games certainly do involve physical exertion. It's usually not as much as in soccer, for example, but it is there. How can you draw the like? Is golf a sports? Is darts a sport? Archery? The most involve standing in one place and launching something away from you. You could say that they don't involved that much physical exertion. They certainly do involve it though and they are sports. I like to qualify videos games as cybersports, when they are play on a high competitive level.
brand new
August 05, 2018, 11:40:51 AM
what makes me special is the way to communicated  with people around me, I do not limit myself to anyone and I treat them well.
Activity: 28
August 09, 2018, 11:21:08 AM
Cybersport is all fiction, sports are physical exercises, loads aimed at strengthening the body and video games are just a referral to mental activity
brand new
August 05, 2018, 11:38:44 AM
Nothing is perfect in this life. We feel better life is possible, so perfect life is not real. Only in fairy tales, legendary movies.
Activity: 98
August 08, 2018, 10:21:20 AM
They are just for fun and they should not be considered as sports.
Activity: 32
August 07, 2018, 11:15:26 AM
I think it should be considered and it will be fun to watch.
August 05, 2018, 12:04:58 PM
I suppose it have to be as it calls for:

1. intellectual attribute
2. intellectual alertness
three. Coordination of index finger moves
4. vision talents
5. Strategic questioning capabilities
6. crew paintings
7. and so on..
Activity: 93
August 05, 2018, 09:25:01 AM
It is meant for just fun and time pass and should not be considered as the sport.
August 04, 2018, 01:05:04 PM
could be considered a sport because there are video games that use intelligence and brains to complete the game.
Activity: 39
August 04, 2018, 12:35:31 PM
i dont think so
they are FUN yes
but i dont think they should be called sports
Pages:
Jump to: