Pages:
Author

Topic: Should we boycott the Facebook Coin (Project Libra)? - page 6. (Read 4305 times)

Activity: 966
Merit: 102
The US government has issued a temporary halt to the project.  I think Libra has threatened the existence of banks and their monetary systems.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/2/20680230/facebook-libra-calibra-crypto-maxine-waters-congress-regulation-investigation-halt
Activity: 924
Merit: 100
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
Facebook is the antithesis of everything Satoshi stood for.

Should we, as the crypto community, boycott their effort?

I wouldn't be surprised if Facebook tried to use their massive wealth and lobbying arm to try and push for laws that favored their crypto and somehow harmed others.

It wouldn't be the first time that a company had engaged in lobbying and rent-seeking to harm competitors.

All these points are just guesses. Facebook alone cannot ditch the growth of other popular crypto currencies, especially BTC and ETH.

I never thought Libra coin would be a competitor for bitcoin because Libra coin were like stable coins. There are many differences between Libra coin and bitcoin, I think investors will choose bitcoin as an investment because of the fluctuating price
Activity: 1428
Merit: 251
solidtradebank.com | 5%-15% Welcome Bonus
Its too early for saying "boucott" lets just wait what will happen to Libra in 2020halving we all know the crazy reality that Facebook is the popular social media in the internet world.
I dont see any reason why we need to use this coin if we already have a Bitcoin.

I think boycotts are just a waste of time because if Libra Coin gets approval from the government, Libra coins can start operating and trading on the market. I think Libra Coin will make the crypto market more attractive and from several articles, the increase in bitcoin prices is due to the existence of Libra Coin
Activity: 770
Merit: 100
I do not think so, even the possibility that will occur after the Libra, Crypto will be more known to the public, besides that I am sure Bitcoin will also get a positive impact from this Libra. regarding the boycott we need to review the situation that will occur later, if this has a negative impact we can do that. but we review it first, and don't speculate too quickly.
Activity: 35
Merit: 4

I wouldn't be surprised if Facebook tried to use their massive wealth and lobbying arm to try and push for laws that favored their crypto and somehow harmed others.

It wouldn't be the first time that a company had engaged in lobbying and rent-seeking to harm competitors.

All these points are just guesses. Facebook alone cannot ditch the growth of other popular crypto currencies, especially BTC and ETH.

Facebook can dump millions of dollars into lobbying to push other cryptocurrencies and exchanges out of the market.

"Well yes Mr. Senator, we here at Facebook Libracoin track all transactions with KYC... but Bitcoin doesn't and is used for funding terrorism, you should definitely make it illegal to deal in Bitcoin in the US."

Just wait...
Activity: 1988
Merit: 275
Why boycott Libra? Let it promotes cryptocurrency to the masses. Mass adoption is good for us. We don't have to use Libra, we can still use Bitcoin and no one can take it away from us.

We can't dictate users to boycott Libra. What we can do is educate those fb users what Libra can do to their lives and the pros and cons of using it. Also, the introduction of Libra to masses might really create massive adoption of crypto. And then later on, they will learn more about crypto and the benefits of bitcoin over Libra. Let them decide what they want in life.
Activity: 462
Merit: 13
Trade at Sparrow|Leading Options Trading Platform
Why boycott Libra? Let it promotes cryptocurrency to the masses. Mass adoption is good for us. We don't have to use Libra, we can still use Bitcoin and no one can take it away from us.
Activity: 2044
Merit: 180
Chainjoes.com
I do not see any reason to boycott the emerging new stable coin. Moreover, she can only come out next year. Stable coins we need. Through their use will arise in people and interest in decentralized cryptocurrency. In Germany, they propose to issue a stable e-euro coin, which will be secured by the euro, as opposed to Libra. Such methods are quite acceptable. Banning is not a method for cryptocurrency.
Activity: 868
Merit: 104

legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1440

Some people seem to think that Libra is a good thing. Personally I do not see it the same way. Facebook well know for its dubious practices regarding the privacy of its users and I do not see why it would change now .... Roll Eyes
Activity: 35
Merit: 4
I think you just give people premature fear. Do not be afraid of what is unlikely ever to happen. I am sure that the Facebook coin on the contrary will have a positive effect on Bitcoin.
It will bring more promotions in regards to crypto industry, bitcoin will get more attention when this project start to work inside, curiosity will bring more people inside the market, the industry might be lift as more investors to come around and help, we ain't sure how or where the market will be heading if this project will be a big lift or just another ordinary crypto that will be formed.

Or Facebook will use their massive wealth and lobbying power to create laws pushing other cryptos out of the legal-sphere and into the illegal. Many large companies use this exact strategy to achieve market dominance.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
From common people perspective what we're experiencing is really good for the cryptocurrency network. Some due to the lack of proper information relative to the libra coin intend to oppose it. From my view it is the best and the one to help with the spread about existence of cryptocurrency which entirely a big thing that could take the market reach a higher level.
Activity: 784
Merit: 256
Binance #Smart World Global Token

This could possibly happen but how are we going to boycott and stop it, they have the platform and community and of course products where they can use their own cryptocurrency, it will just be laid out to these platforms, so whether we like it or not, they are going to make an impact.

And you thought that the release of the libra crypto currency will be just a huge step towards the adoption of the crypto currency by the world, even if not in the form that Satoshi nakomoto wanted.
Activity: 462
Merit: 17
I think you just give people premature fear. Do not be afraid of what is unlikely ever to happen. I am sure that the Facebook coin on the contrary will have a positive effect on Bitcoin.
Activity: 1512
Merit: 316
It is individual call as many of my friends are not going to invest because they do not believe them any more after the data confidentially breach and they made money and did not even pay people whose data was leaked . Thus they have even deleted the Fb account
Activity: 1540
Merit: 22

I haven't thought like that. Wise, if it helpful for many people to benefit why not.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

What else do you expect from Facebook and of Facebook coin, the choice is left to us all to know if we should support its ambition or not, as regards boycotting, you can only speak for yourself and retrain yourself from it, but the choice is still left to users to make the decision that will favor them.

Cryptocurrency is an open system, and e all know what will benefit us in it, to some, Facebook system will benefit the, let those be the users, and to some that understands what through decentralization is and what the intention of satoshi is, they will always stand for bitcoin no matter the money Facebook spends in shilling their project, and believe me, we will still have more than 70% of people that would forever prefer bitcoin system to that of Facebook because it runs fully on decentralization.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 354
I won't be using the Facebook coin. But I don't think that a boycott by everyone on this forum will even be noticed. If Facebook bring in a coin it will have a huge number of users. One good thing is that it will likely bring more new people into crypto. I say one good thing - I can't think of a second good thing.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 147
Is the boycot only one way to make everyone aware of that? I don't know your point of view about libra coin that stated antithesis against bitcoin because I haven't saw that. Facebook is centralized and stable coin which is mean everyone will know it and if newcomers know bitcoin and its system they leave libra and use bitcoin.
Activity: 2044
Merit: 565
certainly not going to be a meaningful competitor for bitcoin. it is even possible that Facebook coins can support the crypto market for the better, with mass adoption that can encourage more trade to increase. all depend on events and cooperation that will be carried out with projects, exchanges and other sponsors.
I agree with you Libra will make crypto better known by outsiders and will make the price of all crypto can soar, because of mass adoption. So we all have to support the launch of Libra
Pages:
Jump to: