Pages:
Author

Topic: Siacoin Epic Monster Moon - page 31. (Read 76268 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
March 26, 2017, 12:23:38 PM
Bought 600k at 0.00000055. Your successfull Decred and Lisk predictions made me invest Smiley
What do you expect to see in let's say 6-12 months?

i agree lisk and especially decred show that dbt1033 knows his shit

if siacoin will explode someday youre rich Cheesy i bought 90k
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
March 26, 2017, 12:00:44 PM
Bought 600k at 0.00000055. Your successfull Decred and Lisk predictions made me invest Smiley
What do you expect to see in let's say 6-12 months?
Activity: 187
Merit: 100
March 26, 2017, 09:16:36 AM
Tbh siacoin is really good project but sadly Dev doesn't plan to maximize the total coin supply cap at an amount (Currently)

Even with the inflation % rate, if the coins supply goes unlimited, i think it will never reach a high price but guess Dev doesn't want the coin to reach high price.

I remember once he said that he wanted offer this service so everyone can use and pay for the storage service for cheap price so yeah
Everyday many sia coins are burned and taken out of supply forever. That's why the inflation is kept in place, it simply replaces the coins that are burned.

From the siatalk forums:

"A key part of Sia's approach to stopping Sybil attackers is proof-of-burn. Hosts burn coins by sending them to a provably unspendable address. Hosts are expected to burn a portion of their revenue (~4%) as a demonstration that they are real. Renters will select hosts that have burned coins with a probability that grows in a linear relationship to the total number of coins burned. Therefore, a host that has burned 2x as many coins will be twice as likely to be selected as another host that has all other factors the same. This provides a very important defence against Sybil attacks. An attacker that is trying to manipulate a renter will need to have all of the excess redundancy of a file before being able to commit an attack. For a file with 3x redundancy, that means the attacker will need to get at least 2.1x of that redundancy, which means that the attacker will need to burn enough coins to look like 67% of the network. That entails burning 1.5x as many coins as the rest of the network has burned combined. Especially as the network grows and matures, collecting that many coins is going to be prohibitive. Unlike proof-of-stake systems, it's not sufficient to just collect those coins, they actually need to be burned, which means there's no chance of recovering that investment. While not wholly infeasible, performing a Sybil attack on Sia should be more expensive than performing a 51% attack on Bitcoin. Even better, paranoid renters can protect themselves more fully by using a higher redundancy. Renters storing at 10x redundancy are safe unless the attacker looks like 91% of the network, requiring the attacker to burn 9x as many coins as the rest of the network combined to be successful."
March 26, 2017, 09:06:13 AM
Tbh siacoin is really good project but sadly Dev doesn't plan to maximize the total coin supply cap at an amount (Currently)

Even with the inflation % rate, if the coins supply goes unlimited, i think it will never reach a high price but guess Dev doesn't want the coin to reach high price.

I remember once he said that he wanted offer this service so everyone can use and pay for the storage service for cheap price so yeah

this can also be a tactic to spread your new product, ether also only recently said they will limit the supply
Activity: 1568
Merit: 511
March 26, 2017, 08:20:21 AM

Activity: 546
Merit: 256
March 26, 2017, 04:34:09 AM
Hi, I just want to ask why you cant deposit or neither withdraw your siacoin on poloniex? is there updates or something? I bought my SC this day and hopes it will be successful coin someday. cheers
Activity: 69
March 23, 2017, 05:52:35 PM
Keepin it on exchange as well (trader).
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
March 23, 2017, 03:14:01 PM
Bought it at 56 now is 48 Smiley ....

BTW. where do you keep your siacoins? Official wallet? Do you "rent" your space or just keeping coins for speculation Tongue?

i downloaded the oficial wallet, its not bad the sync takes forever tough

This why Im asking about another wallet sync takes hours. Do you rent place on you hdd?

Mine are on exchange.  I'm a trader.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
March 23, 2017, 02:40:32 PM

BTW. where do you keep your siacoins? Official wallet? Do you "rent" your space or just keeping coins for speculation Tongue?

This why Im asking about another wallet sync takes hours. Do you rent place on you hdd?
March 23, 2017, 02:35:31 PM

Activity: 187
March 23, 2017, 01:08:34 PM
Sia bull flagging beautifully  Wink
Activity: 181
March 23, 2017, 05:11:04 AM

dont worry it will go back up, buy the dip.   siacoin is really undervalued now and u should use that
Activity: 18
March 23, 2017, 02:55:48 AM

Activity: 69
March 23, 2017, 02:46:59 AM
I'm in Siacoin now as well. Your charting and arguments are really promising. Thanks Wink
legendary
March 23, 2017, 02:27:22 AM
Siacoin still looking great.  Dips should be bought.  I'll continue to update this thread as things progress
Activity: 181
March 22, 2017, 09:00:05 PM
i bought at 62(did not even know about this thread) not very happy now but i have a question:
where do you think siacoin could be in 1-3 years?
Could we expect a 10.000 X or maybe just a 2-10x type of increase?
Many people complain about the ICO 24B is this something that will stop it from reaching prices over 1$-10$ like the big coins, or that could be possible?

What i am asking is: could such a coin ever be 10-100$ or do you find that unlikely?

Thanks

Of course it could. Sia is basically looking to be a cheaper, robust, and much more secure version of the Amazon Cloud, dropbox, icloud etc, and maybe eventually your cloud DVR. It is very early in it's life and still very much in development. But if it succeeds I would expect the coins to be much more valuable. By getting in now, you are basically getting in at the angel investor stage. What I like to compare is market cap. If it reaches 1$ a coin it has a $22 Billion market cap. That is about the market cap of SNAP today. And if Youtube decides to use them for back-end storage, hold on for the ride of your life. If it becomes the worlds default storage option I couldn't even imagine what price it would be. Yet this is what they are building for.

This is very true
Activity: 1181
Merit: 259
March 22, 2017, 02:47:53 PM
i bought at 62(did not even know about this thread) not very happy now but i have a question:
Many people complain about the ICO 24B is this something that will stop it from reaching prices over 1$-10$ like the big coins, or that could be possible?

What i am asking is: could such a coin ever be 10-100$ or do you find that unlikely?

Thanks

Of course it could. Sia is basically looking to be a cheaper, robust, and much more secure version of the Amazon Cloud, dropbox, icloud etc, and maybe eventually your cloud DVR. It is very early in it's life and still very much in development. But if it succeeds I would expect the coins to be much more valuable. By getting in now, you are basically getting in at the angel investor stage. What I like to compare is market cap. If it reaches 1$ a coin it has a $22 Billion market cap. That is about the market cap of SNAP today. And if Youtube decides to use them for back-end storage, hold on for the ride of your life. If it becomes the worlds default storage option I couldn't even imagine what price it would be. Yet this is what they are building for.
Activity: 58
March 22, 2017, 01:53:02 PM

Thanks
legendary
March 22, 2017, 11:34:41 AM
siacoin total suply is very big i think can't incraese very high price
in early siacoin price always under dogecoin price
but this now siacoin price 2x dogecoin price
maybe maximum siacoin price only 100 satoshi, is never can over 1000 satoshi

Thanks captain obvious!

ATH of Sia was well over 100 satoshi, we could test it again.
Activity: 143
March 22, 2017, 10:21:03 AM
maybe maximum siacoin price only 100 satoshi, is never can over 1000 satoshi
Anything is possible if Bitcoin drops sufficiently low.

siacoin's total supply is very big I think it can't increase very high in price.
Supply is getting more and more degressive. One never knows when the inflection point is reached on which usage and adoption surpass supply.
Pages:
Jump to: