Pages:
Author

Topic: Siacoin Epic Monster Moon - page 25. (Read 76268 times)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0
May 17, 2017, 07:16:37 AM
Damn, I hoped for some correction and wanted to get more  Shocked

Can't buy more even if I wanted to. Poloniex every time when I enter order: Order execution timed out.
Activity: 1181
Merit: 259
May 17, 2017, 06:19:53 AM
It is nice to see some Siacoin getting some love in the last day it is up 35% or so. The sleeping giant is getting noticed and awakening.
Activity: 55
May 15, 2017, 10:41:22 AM
I've talked to the founder about that concern before.  He said the Sia network is made to function efficiently no matter what the price of a coin is.

According to their FAQ:
"Sia is a decentralized cloud storage platform that uses a blockchain to facilitate payments. On Sia you can rent storage, get paid host files, Siacon mine, or contribute to the project! "
"All payments on the network happen in Siacoin"
According to their website with SIA:
Storage Provider: $ 10
Download Bandwidth Cost: $ 5

Clear analysis:
Today 1BTC ≃ $ 1761
Today 1SC ≃ $ 0.002498 (0.00000143 btc)
I think this works like all coins. It doesn't matter how much cost 1SC because, for example, Storage Provider costs $ 10.
According to that, if "tomorrow" 1SC = $10, you will pay 1SC.
But today, you will pay 4004 SC, because 1SC is $0.002498
(0.002498 * 4004 = 10). (I think it's correct, please correct me if I'm wrong).

The fact is: When you bought SC and how many people are holding this to increase its value? (of course, coin demand is necessary).

It's the same if SC will be $20, you will pay 0.5 SC (if we follow prev example).
Therefore, it doesn't mean that SC will rise until $10. It means that their rates are in $, and you will pay $10 in SC.

Future:
Can SC increase its value? Yes, like other coins.
Limits? No limits, like other coins.
Why? Because it is money, it only has the value that people / trust give to it.

And this is what like me about functional cryptocurrencies: technology that envolves them, because in front of "people" and "trust", coins are sponsored by their own technology.
Activity: 58
May 15, 2017, 09:34:56 AM
I've talked to the founder about that concern before.  He said the Sia network is made to function efficiently no matter what the price of a coin is.
May 15, 2017, 06:38:41 AM
But this would defy the purpose of SiaCoin as CHEAP storage. If the price of the coin would rise a lot, the price of storage per GB would also rise, and that would mean Siacoin would no longer be cheaper than competative cloud storage solutions, such as Amazon.
Quite difficult project if you think about it. You actually don't want the price to rise too much.

Not true, the price in coins to use the service would simply change. So for example instead of your storage costing 20,000 Sia per month it might cost 10,000, or 2,000, or 200 and so on as the Sia price increases.
Activity: 45
May 15, 2017, 06:31:08 AM
USD will always be the benchmark ... if the price of Siacoin increases, hosts will have to decrease the amount of Siacoins they charge. I fail to see a problem there.
Activity: 560
Merit: 501
May 15, 2017, 04:31:57 AM
But this would defy the purpose of SiaCoin as CHEAP storage. If the price of the coin would rise a lot, the price of storage per GB would also rise, and that would mean Siacoin would no longer be cheaper than competative cloud storage solutions, such as Amazon.
Quite difficult project if you think about it. You actually don't want the price to rise too much.
May 14, 2017, 07:57:48 PM
I agree that this is a pump happening right now.  No reason why Siacoin should be shooting up like this. 

As for the total supply, I don't buy that.  The amount of profit really depends on your investment. I'm heavily invested in Sia, so a rise to over a penny will result in a substantial return. 

When Sia pumps for real, I expect a 1,000% return or better, this year.  How much that equates to in Fiat depends on how much you have invested.

But Stellar Lumens has a way more coins and saw a major pump, well over 1,000%, for essentially no reason. 

When Sia announces progress, it will be real news fueling the price rise.
Activity: 882
Merit: 303
May 14, 2017, 03:21:44 PM

The circulating supply is quite high though, not much room for mad profits.

If they become a goto service for decentralized cloud storage I beg to differ. Their service will cost much less than the current mainstream services and lets face it most people are price conscious. Not to mention the privacy Sia will provide.

yes but lets wait for the correction on the chart. Im seeing a big pump on this one. if my technichal analysis was right. lets just wait for the next few days. if the ath was break we could see a big outbreak to this coin.
May 14, 2017, 03:17:26 PM

If they become a goto service for decentralized cloud storage I beg to differ. Their service will cost much less than the current mainstream services and lets face it most people are price conscious. Not to mention the privacy Sia will provide.
Activity: 537
Merit: 250
May 14, 2017, 10:48:03 AM
Yes, I think it will be a good year, their roadmap is very interesting. If they know how to introduce "video streaming" into the market (one of their targets), SiaTech will be know by common people. Maybe this will be their 'official' presentation card for people that only know bitcoin, litecoin and ether.

Activity: 55
May 14, 2017, 10:42:09 AM
Yes, I think it will be a good year, their roadmap is very interesting. If they know how to introduce "video streaming" into the market (one of their targets), SiaTech will be know by common people. Maybe this will be their 'official' presentation card for people that only know bitcoin, litecoin and ether.
May 14, 2017, 07:24:33 AM
Time to stock up on Sia whenever it's weak.  Keep in mind they do like zero marketing.   

Why is that though? They need to get out there promoting it.

They have there website and their roadmap and give regular updates. They are concentrating on bringing a great product out, not pumping the coin, which is the type of coin I like to invest in for the long term.
Activity: 537
Merit: 250
May 14, 2017, 05:57:21 AM
Time to stock up on Sia whenever it's weak.  Keep in mind they do like zero marketing.   

Why is that though? They need to get out there promoting it.
May 14, 2017, 01:05:38 AM
Activity: 32
May 14, 2017, 12:53:42 AM
Sia look weak now. maybe going down this week
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085
Money often costs too much.
May 13, 2017, 10:26:27 PM
Here's the thing guys.  We're in a pump year lol. 

What we've seen is that it's easy for a project that's under a penny to realize a pump that will shoot them over a penny. We've seen projects far less legit than Sia (Mue, for example) see a random spike out of nowhere. So, I firmly believe this is the year of inorganic growth.

Once a coin is over a penny, it's harder to see a sustained pump. 

But anything less than a penny is fair game. 

Mue, Stellar, Digibyte, even PinkCoin.
In direct comparison to those SIA of course is golden.
As a way better competitor SJCX should be mentioned. They are doing a run too IF you are looking at the dollar value. So mostly BTC driven rise, but not underperforming since end of march, watched in pure BTC notation only.
May 13, 2017, 09:15:33 PM
Yeah good points. Stellar was just an example of inorganic price pumps, which isn't uncommon in crypto.

Here's my case for Sia being a winner this year.

1. Market cap of Sia growing with Altcoin market growth.  Siacoin's market cap in March 2016 was $1 million.  On January 1st, 2017, it was $5 million.   Today, it's about $60 million.  That's 12x growth in five months.  Similarly, the altcoin market has also grown explosively. Take Poloniex for example. Literally two weeks ago I saw that it's market cap overall was $250 million.  Today, just two weeks later, it's almost $1 billion.  Think about the amount of time it took from to go from zero to $250 million.  Poloniex has been out for years now.  To think, it's more than tripled in size in just two weeks.  This is good news for Sia.  There are a lot of eyes watching the altcoin space as BTC dominance declines.  Sia is a truly good project and clearly undervalued.  Look at how much crap is out there that is currently more expensive.

2.  The community, technical product, use case, cost, and roadmap.  These are all things in Sia's favor.  Decentralized cloud storage is a compelling use case.  Additionally, Sia claims their product will be 1/10th the cost of Amazon cloud, a nod to bottom line oriented business customers.  Further, Sia is really a backend platform providing the infrastructure that other platforms can build upon and focus their tech on the front end user.  Things like the future Netflix cloud or Dropbox can run on Sia's infrastructure.

It's just a no-brainer to get involved in this one.  A lot of investors are very touchy when their portfolios don't look pretty. Personally, I love it when Sia falls in price because I can buy even more for cheaper.  I think the June meeting comes at a great time in the altcoin market.  The technical achievements Sia will produce this year comes at a time when a lot of eyes are watching.  The confidence will be reflected in the rising value of Siacoin. 

Can you or somebody else tell a bit about the JUNE release/news?

What will be released?

thanks!

They have spelled out in their roadmap. I talked to the founder this week.  They are anticipating a "very exciting year for Sia."   As the OP said, get ready for this one.  This will be one hell of a moon. 

https://trello.com/b/Io1dDyuI/sia-public-roadmap
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
May 13, 2017, 07:35:58 PM
Yeah good points. Stellar was just an example of inorganic price pumps, which isn't uncommon in crypto.

Here's my case for Sia being a winner this year.

1. Market cap of Sia growing with Altcoin market growth.  Siacoin's market cap in March 2016 was $1 million.  On January 1st, 2017, it was $5 million.   Today, it's about $60 million.  That's 12x growth in five months.  Similarly, the altcoin market has also grown explosively. Take Poloniex for example. Literally two weeks ago I saw that it's market cap overall was $250 million.  Today, just two weeks later, it's almost $1 billion.  Think about the amount of time it took from to go from zero to $250 million.  Poloniex has been out for years now.  To think, it's more than tripled in size in just two weeks.  This is good news for Sia.  There are a lot of eyes watching the altcoin space as BTC dominance declines.  Sia is a truly good project and clearly undervalued.  Look at how much crap is out there that is currently more expensive.

2.  The community, technical product, use case, cost, and roadmap.  These are all things in Sia's favor.  Decentralized cloud storage is a compelling use case.  Additionally, Sia claims their product will be 1/10th the cost of Amazon cloud, a nod to bottom line oriented business customers.  Further, Sia is really a backend platform providing the infrastructure that other platforms can build upon and focus their tech on the front end user.  Things like the future Netflix cloud or Dropbox can run on Sia's infrastructure.

It's just a no-brainer to get involved in this one.  A lot of investors are very touchy when their portfolios don't look pretty. Personally, I love it when Sia falls in price because I can buy even more for cheaper.  I think the June meeting comes at a great time in the altcoin market.  The technical achievements Sia will produce this year comes at a time when a lot of eyes are watching.  The confidence will be reflected in the rising value of Siacoin. 

Can you or somebody else tell a bit about the JUNE release/news?

What will be released?

thanks!
Activity: 32
May 11, 2017, 08:40:54 PM
Sia hasn't made a huge jump because the project is great and we should expect $0.01 per Sia.

Not all good projects succeed and not all successful coins are good projects
Pages:
Jump to: